PDA

View Full Version : Realisitc Trade Scenario

Wylder1324
06-18-2009, 11:59 PM
Indiana gets: Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal, Mark Madsen, #6 and # 28

Minnesota gets: TJ Ford, Marquis Daniels, #13, future 2nd rounder and cash considerations.

Minnesota saves around 6-7 million next season by making this deal. They still have the 13th and 18th picks and get 2 impact players in exchange for just one in Miller and even he didnt avg double figs in scoring last season ar only 9 per game. At pick #13 they can still get their PG of the future at a much discounted price.

Indiana moves up and aquires another pick. Cardinal is the biggest negative of the deal but at just one more year its a small price to pay to move up. Madsen can be bought out and Miller will help ease the loss of Dunleavy untill the deadline where he will be valuable trade bait to a contender.

With the 6th pick we still in my opinion should take a PG but now we have first choice after Rubio and Evans (both should already be off the board) instead of having to settle for left overs. Most would prob disagree and say go for Jordan Hill but with so many quality PFs available via FA and next years draft being so heavy with PF/C prospects we simply must take advantage of the PG talent this year.

My vote for #6 is between Stephen Curry and Brandon Jennings. At #28 I would prob go with someone like Derrick Brown from Xavier who is kind of a hybrid SF/PF who is ultra athletic and could provide some spark off the bench. In the 2nd round I would like to see us pick up Dionte Christmas to help add depth outside. May have to try and move up a lil higher than #52 to nab him though.

jeffg-body
06-19-2009, 12:11 AM
I would be ok with this, as long as we can get rid of Madsen via buyout.

MillerTime
06-19-2009, 10:57 AM
This means that we have to pickup Quis $7M option. If we pick up that option we are going to be in LT and we wont be able to resign Jack.

Basically, its not happening because we would be paying LT and cant resign Jack

Teddy Green
06-19-2009, 05:13 PM
If I'm Minnesota i trade Kevin Love for the number two pick. Draft Ricky Rubio. i use the 6th pick to draft Demar Derozen. I trade Mike Miller and the 18th pick for Chris kaman. With the 27 pick i take the best player available. Fill out the rest of the roster with free agents...

Kaman/
Jefferson/Smith
Derozen/Gnomes
Foye/
Rubio /Telfair

MyFavMartin
06-21-2009, 09:01 PM
If I'm Minnesota i trade Kevin Love for the number two pick. Draft Ricky Rubio. i use the 6th pick to draft Demar Derozen. I trade Mike Miller and the 18th pick for Chris kaman. With the 27 pick i take the best player available. Fill out the rest of the roster with free agents...

Kaman/
Jefferson/Smith
Derozen/Gnomes
Foye/
Rubio /Telfair

Like your thinking. Minny can really change their depth chart this Thursday and trading Love makes sense.

I think Derozen long term would be the SG and Brewer would be the SF, though.

Trophy
06-22-2009, 11:04 PM
I'd be happy with Cardinal in this deal the most.

Doddage
06-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Not the #6? :hmm:

pacergod2
06-23-2009, 11:24 AM

Either one of two things... TroyMurphy3 is a huge Purdue fan, or he is actually Brad Miller posing as Troy Murphy promoting the "big white men still have a place in the NBA club". Brad is just hyping his boy from his alma mater and that he built a lake house next to.