PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Draft combine on right now ESPNU

Dukins
06-18-2009, 09:26 PM
The pre-draft is onESPNU att-uverse. Just a heads up. Lawson and Maynor long good.

ESutt7
06-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Henderson just shot well too. It's on til 11:30, thanks for the head's up!

ESutt7
06-18-2009, 10:34 PM
Joe Ingles looks a hell of a lot like a young Troy Murphy. Maybe a little lighter than Murphy. He's a lefty shooter, really nice stroke. Some of these PFs' jumpers are just awful, so he stood out.

vnzla81
06-18-2009, 10:41 PM
I would love for the Pacers to get Jodie meek in the second round I think he could be an steal in the second round. By the way Earl Clark is shooting lights out from the 3 point line.

ESutt7
06-18-2009, 10:54 PM
Clark looks extremely fluid and athletic, shot well too. He does appear to be lazy though, just doesn't LOOK intense, but that doesn't mean that he's not going hard. It's just how he appears.

Derrick Brown has a great midrange shot, looked very good. A GM late in the draft told him that he shouldn't be interviewing with this team because he's talented enough to be in the lottery. But the reason he was, according to the GM, was that he didn't go hard every night and now there were questions about him. He looked good, could be worth a late 1st.

Didn't get much of a feel for James Johnson. Chad Ford said he has the most upside. He looked alright, he did look a bit heavy though.

Austin Daye can shoot lights out, but looks all kinds of awkward doing anything else. Then again, Durant looks awkward because of his frame too.

Chase Budinger did not look good at all to me.

Those guys all worked out with 3s by the way....so perhaps Johnson really won't be a 4 in the league. We'll see. 4s are up next. I'm disappointed I missed the PGs, especially since I wanted to watch Ty Lawson. Oh well. I'll let you know how Blair and Hansbrough look.

ESutt7
06-18-2009, 10:55 PM
Yeah, Jodie Meeks did shoot lights out, even when a coach ran into him on accident.

ESutt7
06-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Mullens has great length, but he definitely doesn't go hard.

Dante Cunningham doesn't appear to have enough bulk to play the 4.

ESPNU is mostly just talking about guys standing on the side instead of showing the action. Love it. Glad I could see Mullens, Blair, Harangody, and Hansbrough stand. They all look like they're very talented standers.

Jay Williams just compared Tyler Hansbrough to a cross between Mark Madsen and Brian Cardinal. Yikes. Glad that we can only compare white guys to white guys.

Hansbrough gets great fundamental position on his post. He gets incredibly low, with a nice base. So does Cunningham. Tyler has a weird release on his shot, and he'll struggle to get his shot off consistently over bigger guys, as we've already seen.

Love Mullens' length.

Everyone's answer for why they think they're ready for the NBA? "I just think it's time to take my game to the next level." It's funny depending on who it's coming from (I'm looking at you Damion James...)

Gani Lawal is a good athlete and has a nice shot (slow though). He looks like he overthinks things.

Blair looked decent, has a nice baby hook, but he doesn't get great extension on it.

Pendergraph has great length and looked smooth. I'm semi-intrigued. Looked like Tyson Chandler.

d_c
06-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Pendergraph has great length and looked smooth. I'm semi-intrigued. Looked like Tyson Chandler.

Yeah, but when you put him next to the real Tyson Chandler, that's when Pendergraph starts looking a lot shorter.

ESutt7
06-18-2009, 11:58 PM
Yeah, well he actually LOOKS like Tyson too. He did measure out at 6'10", and has some other good measurements. I don't know much about him, saw AZ St. 1.5 times, and really just watched James Harden because he was a JOY to watch. Loved him. So beats me, but him being in the 2nd round could be worth a pick. His strengths/weaknesses aren't exactly damning IMO.

vnzla81
06-19-2009, 06:44 AM
who was number 59? that guy looked really good.

ESutt7
06-19-2009, 07:05 AM
I didn't write down any of the numbers, but I think that was BJ Mullens. Was he really long? And white?

Skaut_Ech
06-19-2009, 08:22 AM
Everyone's answer for why they think they're ready for the NBA? "I just think it's time to take my game to the next level." It's funny depending on who it's coming from (I'm looking at you Damion James...)

I always love when athletes say crap like that. I use the word "crap" becasue the implication that they have such a well-rounded game that they have to choice but to take their skills to the next level, rather than the reality that they have glaring holes in their game that another year of college might smooth out.

Man, I wish I was home to watch. I would have DVR'ed it if I'd known.