PDA

View Full Version : Is Travis Diener opting out?

Smoothdave1
06-18-2009, 12:21 AM
Take this how you want to, but Diener just put his house in Carmel on the market within the past few days.

I'm not saying he won't be back in Indy next year, but it really has to make you wonder if he thinks the Pacers are drafting a point next week and he may look for a new job elsewhere? Perhaps he is downsizing, but I think this could be a sign he won't be back in Indy next year.

Should be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks.........

duke dynamite
06-18-2009, 01:21 AM
I really like Diener, I do. I'm sure dustpan likes him more, but if he opts out, I will not be upset.

CableKC
06-18-2009, 01:24 AM
I would think that unless TPTB are giving strong indications to the Team that they are heavily leaning towards a PG, it would be premature for Diener to put his house on sale a week before until we actually draft someone.

cdash
06-18-2009, 02:07 AM
If he does, it's not wise. I can't see where there will be a high demand for a guy like him in this economic climate.

Anthem
06-18-2009, 03:29 AM
I can't see where there will be a high demand for a guy like him in this economic climate.
Or for his house!

MillerTime
06-18-2009, 03:58 AM
I wouldnt be too worried if we lose him. Theres a lot of FA that we can look at to replace him. I think we're going to need a 3rd string PG, in case Ford goes down again. I would take a serious look at bringing back Anthony Johnson

rexnom
06-18-2009, 04:20 AM
I wouldnt be too worried if we lose him. Theres a lot of FA that we can look at to replace him. I think we're going to need a 3rd string PG, in case Ford goes down again. I would take a serious look at bringing back Anthony Johnson
I would much, much rather draft a PG "project" like Jennings who will be ready to start by the time Ford is out of here.

I don't think Travis is opting out though.

Justin Tyme
06-18-2009, 06:28 AM
Could it be the Pacers have told him he's part of a future deal? Part of a draft deal!

Didn't he just get married?

DGPR
06-18-2009, 07:09 AM
Maybe his future wife just has a bigger house than him and he feels intimidated?

Trader Joe
06-18-2009, 08:39 AM
Did I just read seriously consider bringing back Anthony Johnson? :puke:

Dukins
06-18-2009, 08:48 AM
Maybe his future wife just has a bigger house than him and he feels intimidated?

LMAO............I wouldnt be too disappointed either. I mean he is the 3rd stringer those come a dime a dozen.

Anthony Johnson back. :censored:

Jonathan
06-18-2009, 08:54 AM
I smell a draft day deal. I think we are moving up in the draft and Diener is going to be used a filler in a trade.

ESutt7
06-18-2009, 09:02 AM
I smell a draft day deal. I think we are moving up in the draft and Diener is going to be used a filler in a trade.

In a move up to #5? Who else is looking to trade back? Ford/Foster/Diener for some crap like Thomas/James/Songaila and #5? I feel like the Wiz could do better but maybe not.

count55
06-18-2009, 09:12 AM
Did I just read seriously consider bringing back Anthony Johnson? :puke:

Yeah, but they were talking about this Anthony Johnson:

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/1660/s01170604.jpg (http://img197.imageshack.us/i/s01170604.jpg/)

Smoothdave1
06-18-2009, 09:26 AM
After everything shakes out and, if there's still a need, what about a guy like Earl Calloway as the #3 point? I know several people liked him when he played on the summer league team. Plus, he'd come for cheap too.

tde3000
06-18-2009, 09:32 AM
i absolutly LOVED Calloways game last summer and in the euroleague!

Jonathan
06-18-2009, 09:36 AM
In a move up to #5? Who else is looking to trade back? Ford/Foster/Diener for some crap like Thomas/James/Songaila and #5? I feel like the Wiz could do better but maybe not.

Golden State. Keep in mind a lot of teams are trying to shed salary. If a team moves up and misses the GM is out of job. It is a roll of the dice.

ESutt7
06-18-2009, 09:38 AM
Right but we can't really help shed salary is the problem.

cdash
06-18-2009, 09:41 AM

I call shenanigans.

Jonathan
06-18-2009, 09:41 AM
Right but we can't really help shed salary is the problem.

You are right but we can shed Tinsley. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Putnam
06-18-2009, 10:21 AM

Do you think Diener would sell his house because there was talk of a draft-day trade? Those things are pretty tentative, and until they happen they haven't happened.

jhondog28
06-18-2009, 10:35 AM
seriously how big can dieners house be? I always thought he lived in a shoe and had a garden statue of himself. JK I love TDiener!

Justin Tyme
06-18-2009, 10:45 AM
Do you think Diener would sell his house because there was talk of a draft-day trade? Those things are pretty tentative, and until they happen they haven't happened.

It isn't tentative if the deal is in place, and he's been told byTPTB. The draft is a week from today, and the house has just been put on the market. Maybe just a coincidence, but WHAT a coincidence of timing if it is. Players just don't put up their houses, especially in this economic climate, just for the fun of it. Why try and sell a house and have to possibly take a loss just to sell your house unless there is a reason? Something is going on in Diener's BB career to cause him to sell. Again, maybe his agent has another team wanting him, and Diener isn't going to pick up is option with the Pacers. If I was betting person, I'd bet a dozen Long's yeast donuts that Diener won't be with the Pacers next season.

cdash
06-18-2009, 10:54 AM
It isn't tentative if the deal is in place, and he's been told byTPTB. The draft is a week from today, and the house has just been put on the market. Maybe just a coincidence, but WHAT a coincidence of timing if it is. Players just don't put up their houses, especially in this economic climate, just for the fun of it. Why try and sell a house and have to possibly take a loss just to sell your house unless there is a reason? Something is going on in Diener's BB career to cause him to sell. Again, maybe his agent has another team wanting him, and Diener isn't going to pick up is option with the Pacers. If I was betting person, I'd bet a dozen Long's yeast donuts that Diener won't be with the Pacers next season.

I think you are drawing an awful lot of conclusions there. Players are like any other people--they move. Diener either just got married, or is about to get married. Don't you think that might have something to do with it? Maybe his wife doesn't like the house, prefers a different area, wants a bigger yard, etc. There are hundreds of possible reasons he could be moving, and I don't think him being traded is the most likely. If it is him opting out...well, best of luck to you Travis.

aceace
06-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Maybe Travis is positioning himself like Danica. If Travis was going to be a great backup or eventual starter he would have been there by now. Guys like him can be replaced. He plays good team defense, can handle and pass but the shooting is still suspect.

dustpan
06-18-2009, 11:21 AM
I really like Diener, I do. I'm sure dustpan likes him more, but if he opts out, I will not be upset.

Yes I do, and I would be very sad to see Travis gone. :cry:

idioteque
06-18-2009, 01:41 PM

With the current state of the housing market, he is probably putting it up now in anticipation of a trade 3 or 4 years from now.

Trader Joe
06-18-2009, 01:54 PM
With the current state of the housing market, he is probably putting it up now in anticipation of a trade 3 or 4 years from now.

LOL, honestly though, if he is in Carmel and in a reasonably priced home, the housing market here isn't AS BAD as other places. Not great, but he could still probably find a buyer.

Trophy
06-18-2009, 05:34 PM
He's a nice guy and would make a good backup PG with another team. With us looking forward to the draft for a PG, that's leaving him kind of out of our picture as far as being a backup PG to a starter. The Bucks are a team that I think he would do well with and a team that needs a guy like him.

Will Galen
06-18-2009, 05:44 PM
All this trade speculation on a guy (Diener) the Pacers can't trade.

Smoothdave1
06-18-2009, 09:29 PM
As I mentioned before, unless Diener picks up his option, he cannot be traded.

madison
06-18-2009, 09:36 PM
Putting a house up for sale doesn't mean he's sold the house. House for sale are a dime a dozen. With regard to D, he is not an NBA level point guard. It's OK to like him as a person, but his absence from beloved Pacers will not be a serious loss. Watch how long it takes him to latch onto another NBA team. My guess, he's in Europe next season if he's not a Pacer.

Smoothdave1
06-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Putting a house up for sale doesn't mean he's sold the house. House for sale are a dime a dozen. .

That is correct -- he has put his house up for sale in hopes that he can sell it. His house is an active MLS listing and was recently listed. If his house had sold, it wouldn't be available to purchase.

jeffg-body
06-19-2009, 12:06 AM
I would hate to see Travis go, but I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. If we draft a PG he would likely be the odd man out. I tend to think like a few others in that he would be good filler in a trade scenario.

aceace
06-19-2009, 09:31 AM
"If" he opts out, I look for him to be in Milwaukee. Mom can watch him play and if he hits a big shot he can go hug Mom after the game.