PDA

View Full Version : What Pacers players are doing this off-season?

Smoothdave1
06-18-2009, 12:12 AM
Wanted to put together a list of what our guys have been up to this off-season:

-- Granger -- Picked up his most improved player of the year award and went on his honeymoon to Italy. Although he just went on his honeymoon, Granger actually got married in Phoenix during All-Star weekend last February in a low-key ceremony. He has spent some time in LA over the last few weeks working out and is back in Indy right now

-- Murphy -- Living in NYC, working out and is also taking summer classes at NYU this summer

-- Dunleavy -- Spending time in Indy and rehabbing the knee, the hip and keeping us entertained with his blog

-- Roy -- Has spent just about the entire summer in Indy working out at Conseco Fieldhouse with trainers. Has also done several appearances on behalf and for the Pacers

-- Josh -- Similar to Roy, has spent the entire summer in Indy working with Pacers trainers and staff

-- Ford -- Working out religiously down in Houston with several current Rockets and NBA players.

-- Rush -- Has spent time back in Lawrence working out at KU and I believe is back in Indy and getting ready for the summer leagues in a few weeks

-- Jack -- Down in Atlanta working out at GA Tech and taking a couple of summer classes to finish his degree

-- Foster -- Living in Indy, working out and spending time with the family

-- Diener -- Has spent a part of his summer back in Wisconsin relaxing, playing some golf and getting ready for his wedding later this summer

-- Graham -- Has actually spent a little time in Indy working out and has done a few appearances as well

***Not sure what Quis has been up to as well as guys like Rasho or Tinsley

Kuq_e_Zi91
06-18-2009, 12:38 AM
I heard Roy also spent some time back at Gtown playing with Jeff Green, Durant, Beasley and current Hoyas.

31andonly
06-18-2009, 03:42 AM
I'm just wondering how you get to know all that..

PacerDude
06-18-2009, 04:44 AM
Tinsley - eating chicken wings @ the shooting range.

kellogg
06-18-2009, 06:32 AM
Tinsley - eating chicken wings @ the shooting range.

Ouch !

duke dynamite
06-18-2009, 08:25 AM
Travis bought a banger Mercury Marquis and "pimped" it out.

Smoothdave1
06-18-2009, 09:30 AM
My information comes from interviews, articles, etc. and various other sources too.

grace
06-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Mark Boyle applied for a part time job working at Starbucks (or so he said on Dan Dakich's show).

Jonathan
06-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Quis- Is in the studio rapping. He also sponsers an AAU team in Florida (Crosstown as he call it) Has yet to make it rain @ Brass Flamingo.

mboyle1313
06-20-2009, 09:25 AM
Grace,

I did attempt to secure employment at Starbucks, but their corporate policies relating to temporary help made that an unreachable goal. However, the folks at Hubbard and Cravens, which is a locally owned coffee house, have graciously extended an offer and I will be starting there very soon.

MJB

DrFife
06-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Grace,

I did attempt to secure employment at Starbucks, but their corporate policies relating to temporary help made that an unreachable goal. However, the folks at Hubbard and Cravens, which is a locally owned coffee house, have graciously extended an offer and I will be starting there very soon.

MJB

PD after-party night cap at H&Cs! :buddies:

(Terrific work you do, Mark! Announcing, that is. We'll see about your barista skills ... . ;-)

smj887
06-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Grace,

MJB

Is this just something you're doing out of boredom?

mboyle1313
06-20-2009, 04:19 PM
smj887,

No. In recent years, I've taken to trying to find off beat and challenging things to do during the summer - I think many on this board are aware that I drove out to Montana and spent the summer broadcasting minor league baseball not too long ago - and this is my latest foray into that arena.

I wanted to find something that would allow me to make some money that I could contribute to a scholarship fund I hope to have up and running this fall, while also affording me the challenge of sharpening my skills in the area of interacting with people. Though I try to be gracious and appreciative when people approach me, I've always struggled with meeting strangers, interacting with season ticket holders and sponsors, and other areas that I would like to be more comfortable with. I'm hoping that this experience will help lessen my social anxieties in those and other similar scenarios.

Thanks for asking. Hope this answers your question.

MJB

vnzla81
06-20-2009, 04:30 PM
I read on IndyStar that McRoberts is been working out and gained 20 pounds of muscle, according to Mike Wells they feel he could be like the "Bird Man"(I been saying this for ever:-p)

Kuq_e_Zi91
06-20-2009, 04:38 PM
I read on IndyStar that McRoberts is been working out and gained 20 pounds of muscle, according to Mike Wells they feel he could be like the "Bird Man"(I been saying this for ever:-p)

Yep. Here's the quote and link of the article by Mike Wells.

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/archives/2009/06/grangers_back_i.html

I've been hearing rumors about how Josh McRoberts has been living in the weight room this offseason.

I saw it with my own eyes when I ran into him at Conseco Fieldhouse earlier this week.
McRoberts said he's put on 20 pounds of muscle since the end of the season.

The Pacers want to re-sign McRoberts, who appeared in 33 games last season.

A Pacers official told me they envision McRoberts being like Denver's Birdman. They like McRoberts' athleticism, energy and rebounding ability off the bench.

Really gets me excited to see McRoberts next season. I hope the added muscle won't slow him down and ground him. He was at his best flying around the court and being active.

loborick
06-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Danny will also be running basketball camps in New Mexico and Indiana.

Trophy
06-20-2009, 09:41 PM
I gotta make some plans to see Troy when he's in town.

OakMoses
06-21-2009, 08:38 AM
I think many on this board are aware that I drove out to Montana and spent the summer broadcasting minor league baseball not too long ago - and this is my latest foray into that arena.

I lived in Billings at the time and I found myself listening to a lot of Mustangs games that summer. It was a pleasant surprise to hear you doing the games.

RWB
06-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Though I try to be gracious and appreciative when people approach me, I've always struggled with meeting strangers, interacting with season ticket holders and sponsors, and other areas that I would like to be more comfortable with. I'm hoping that this experience will help lessen my social anxieties in those and other similar scenarios.

Thanks for asking. Hope this answers your question.

MJB

Mark, you sound like a closet introvert. Excellent job in hiding that fact to the masses.

And for all the introverts out there (myself included) here is a list of famous ones who still push to overcome their shyness.

Joan Allen
Candice Bergen
Mark Boyle ;)
Ellen Burstyn
Glenn Close
Clint Eastwood
Harrison Ford
Tom Hanks
Helen Hunt
Diane Keaton
Jessica Lange
Laura Linney
Steve Martin
Gwyneth Paltrow
Michelle Pfeiffer
Julia Roberts
Meg Ryan
Carly Simon
Meryl Streep
Noah Wyle

mboyle1313
06-22-2009, 02:49 PM
RWB,

That is the first - and almost certainly the last - time that my name appears on the same list as Clint Eastwood.

Thanks!

MJB

Los Angeles
06-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Maybe Steve Martin should work at Starbucks. The two times I've been introduced to him, he was inexcusably and unnecessarily rude.

I just want the chance to say "Ex-CUSE me buddy, I believe I ordered a NO FOAM latte?!? I mean, how hard is that to REMEMBER?!?!"

Enjoy your summer job, Mark. :flirt:

Looking forward to hearing about your social experiment. I'll be checking in between surf sessions. :)

jack bauer
06-28-2009, 04:41 PM
Mark, you sound like a closet introvert. Excellent job in hiding that fact to the masses.

And for all the introverts out there (myself included) here is a list of famous ones who still push to overcome their shyness.

Joan Allen
Candice Bergen
Mark Boyle ;)
Ellen Burstyn
Glenn Close
Clint Eastwood
Harrison Ford
Tom Hanks
Helen Hunt
Diane Keaton
Jessica Lange
Laura Linney
Steve Martin
Gwyneth Paltrow
Michelle Pfeiffer
Julia Roberts
Meg Ryan
Carly Simon
Meryl Streep
Noah Wyle

I actually had the privilege of doing a project on Harrison Ford in one of my film studies classes, and I was genuinely shocked to realize how introverted he really was/is.

It is crazy to think because I am still incredibly introverted and even at a leadership retreat this past week with new of our new student at my university I was scared to death. Funny thing is I (the whole team really) got a few compliments from students on how outgoing we were and how they would never see us as introverted.

Mr. Boyle, please keep us updated. Maybe you could even start a blog or a twitter ;)