PDA

View Full Version : Worst 90s starters forwards

jhondog28
06-17-2009, 09:00 PM
Vote for worst forward starter during the 90s. Starters must have started in more than 20 games during the 90s for at least one season.

ChicagoJ
06-18-2009, 11:19 AM
LaSalle Thompson should be on this list. More importantly, Sam Mitchell should be all over this list.

jhondog28
06-18-2009, 11:47 AM
LaSalle Thompson should be on this list. More importantly, Sam Mitchell should be all over this list.

Sam mitchell never started more than 20 games during one season which is a criteria i set that means he did not qualify as a FT starter. He started more than 20 games but it was over a 3 season period. LaSalle Thompson was listed at basketball reference as a C-PF so i listed him as a center on the voting. Just was trying to be consistent, but thanks for you help ChicagoJ I appreciate your input.

ChicagoJ
06-18-2009, 12:28 PM
LaSalle never played C for the Pacers, Smits and Dreiling were the centers and he was the PF.

The important distinction on Sam is this: we traded our starting SF for Sam, and he proved to be so bad as Chuck's replacement that he got benched quickly. Sure, he never started 20+ games because he was just THAT BAD as a starter.

jhondog28
06-18-2009, 12:56 PM
Yea i totally understand and that is why i allowed write ins, because i knew there would be some exceptions to the rule. it is diffcult to categorize each person by there exact position as you will see when I roll out the 2000. there are tons of forwards and guards but not as many centers because the Pacers really used a two power forward set most of the time. For the 90s i felt that you guys would have a better feel for what had been going on with the coaching strategy and player positions so if Sam Mitchell wins i will forward him on to the final round of voting. thanks again!

Jonathan
06-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Sam Mitchell was an AllSTAR YMCA Player. Did Duane Ferell ever start more than 20 games?

ChicagoJ
06-18-2009, 01:12 PM
Sam Mitchell was an AllSTAR YMCA Player. Did Duane Ferell ever start more than 20 games?

25 total starts in three years -mostly when Derrick McKey was injured.