PDA

View Full Version : Miami-Indiana

ESutt7
06-17-2009, 01:20 PM
If the Pacers draft a PG at 13...

IND sends TJ Ford to MIA for Udonis Haslem.

Miami gets more minutes for Beasley, and gets a legit starter at PG. We get a PF that is a quality starter or rotation guy to plug in.

I could see Miami not doing it because Haslem expires after next year. I think Ford is more talented than Haslem, and I don't think the Heat would be losing much to get someone who can create their own offense and take the ballhandling/creating pressure off D-Wade. But maybe I'm being biased.

MillerTime
06-17-2009, 02:06 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ne37ed It works financially

We save A LOT of money with this trade. Ford is getting about $1.5 M more than Haslem per year and Haslem has one year left on his contract (implying that Ford will exercise his player option).

One thing that would turn MIA off is that fact that Haslem will be expiring in the summer of 2010, along with JO. Theyre going to have a lot of money available that summer to make a solid move for Bosh or Amare

ESutt7
06-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Right. That's my concern as well. But if you're the Pacers do you do it? And what are the chances that Miami does it? Do they scoff at it or consider it. I would think they'd consider it simply because it upgrades the roster (IMO) around Wade. But then again, Wade and Haslem have been the "leaders" of Miami for a bit. Maybe Wade wants to keep him. It's a straightforward trade that makes some sense for both to me.

Jack/Rush/Granger/Haslem/Hibbert

Lawson/Dunleavy/Foster off the bench.

Ford/Wade/Jones/Beasley/O'Neal

Chalmers/Wright/Blount off the bench.

IMO that improves both teams, but the problem is Miami's cap space.