PDA

View Full Version : McHale Out In Minnesota

MillerTime
06-17-2009, 01:02 PM
The Minnesota Timberwolves have come to a mutual agreement with Kevin McHale that he will not return as coach next season.

A person with knowledge of the decision, speaking on condition of anonymity because an announcement had not been made, told The Associated Press on Wednesday that McHale and new boss David Kahn had decided to part ways.

That confirms a Twitter message posted by the Timberwolves' Kevin Love early Wednesday that read, "Today is a sad day ... Kevin McHale will NOT be back as head coach this season."
Toronto Star
http://www.thestar.com/article/652073

ilive4sports
06-17-2009, 01:03 PM
Got to love how organizations news gets out on twitter. I remember something was confirmed by the Patriots through twitter.

Justin Tyme
06-17-2009, 01:50 PM
I never thought he would be the coach for the T-Wolves next season, so it doesn't surprise me in the least. I'm Interested in who will be the new coach for this young team.

naptownmenace
06-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Are they saying that McHale will no longer be with the team in any fashion or just out as coach? I think that he's a terrible GM but actually a pretty decent coach.

If they fire him as coach, it might be best to let him go altogether and make a clean break.

NapTonius Monk
06-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Big man coach!