PDA

View Full Version : What if we had Chosen Kareem Rush...would we still need a SG?

PacerCrazy
07-06-2004, 09:40 PM
I know we have a lot of folks who LOVE Freddy and I do as well but I wonder a lot if Rush would have been a better fit for the team with skills that fill the needs we have currently. I am not syaing that Freddy might not be a better player but is he the better player the Pacers needed? Here are Kareem's stats. Think it over and respond... Remember the Pacers could have had him instread of Freddy. I know this has already been discussed but I thought it was worth bringing back up now that there is sooo much FA talk in the shooting guard dept.

03-04 FG .440 3P% 348

Playoffs FG .383 3P% .393

Now it is important to note this is with limited minutes but he is
Definately a SHOOTER and a pure shooter at that

thought?

SoupIsGood
07-06-2004, 09:50 PM
Acquiring Rush now wouldn't solve our SG problem, so I vote No.

PacerCrazy
07-06-2004, 10:13 PM
I am not saying aquiring him now...I am saying what if we had drafted him 2 years ago...?

PacersFan
07-06-2004, 10:30 PM
Kareem Rush would not be the answer to our problem. He is a good shooter, but that's about all he can do. He can't really do anything without the ball like Reggie. And from what i've seen he's not even a decent defender. I think we need a quality SG who can defend, but i really don't like the idea of bringing a superstar to fill our need.

Ultimate Frisbee
07-06-2004, 10:36 PM
I'll bite... I think we should have drafted Rush and was astounded when we didn't...

Though I've always liked Freddie better than Rush, Rush is what we needed... A few years of training with Reggie would have solved a lot in terms of his movement away from the ball etc....

SoupIsGood
07-06-2004, 10:40 PM
Well I meant that adding him to the team now or two years ago wouldn't solve our problem.

PacerCrazy
07-07-2004, 12:25 AM
I am going to have to agree with ILovethePacers! I think that I like Freddie a WHOLE lot more then Rush but I think Rush fits our team a whole lot better then Freddie. It's hard for me to say it but Rush could have been our shooter tos treach the defense. I don't know if he is an allstar but I don't know the same thing about Jones. I DO think Rush could have been a lot ebtter at keeping teams honest and that would give more easy baskets to JO.

Arcadian
07-07-2004, 12:29 AM
Rush is not now nor will he ever be starting material. So no he would not solve our need at SG--a replacement for Reggie.

Anthem
07-07-2004, 12:40 AM
One thing is that Rush will never play any position except the 2. Freddy was brought on with the hope that he might become a Bobby Jackson-type combo guard. He's primarily a 2, but he could play the 1 for us in a pinch.

Young
07-07-2004, 02:32 AM
Fred Jones is turning out to be a good pick.

We can easily get shooters, it is hard to get creators who work hard and play the defense that Fred does.