PDA

View Full Version : Something tells me No. 13 worked out Monday

MillerTime
06-16-2009, 08:05 PM
The older you get, the more you begin to wonder: is the joy of vacation worth the punishment of the first couple of days back?

Hundreds of e-mails. Dozens of voice messages. A task list longer than DeJuan Blair's wingspan. Catch-up meetings, followed by follow-up meetings.

Not to mention the mother of all pre-draft workouts Monday just to shake out the cobwebs.

On that topic:

# It's easy to see why Jrue Holiday is becoming a hot property. He has all kinds of measurables and presents himself impeccably, appearing much more mature than his age (he turned 19 on Friday).

# Blair's wingspan is stunning, his physique (down 30 pounds from the end of the season) is chiseled and his attitude appears exceptional. Because he is so unusual and there are so few quality post scorers in this draft -- I suspect someone will fall in love with him and reach ahead of the Pacers to pluck him from the draft board.

# Monday was actually the first time the Pacers worked out point guard prospects, but they were big-timers: Holiday, Ty Lawson, Jeff Teague and Toney Douglas. All should go in the first round. At 6-3, Holiday has the size. Lawson has the experience and leadership. Teague has the explosiveness. Douglas has the combination of offense and defense.

# Something tells me the guy the Pacers will draft at No. 13 next Thursday was on the floor Monday.

Conrad Brunner
Pacers.com
http://my.nba.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5700038760

Pacemaker
06-16-2009, 08:26 PM
Would it be unrealistic to dream of drafting either Holiday or Blair ?

BRushWithDeath
06-16-2009, 08:42 PM

Holiday... yes. Blair... no.

MillerTime
06-16-2009, 08:43 PM

I think Holiday would be gone by the #13th pick. I think we have a chance at Blair

Doddage
06-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Last year, it was unrealistic to dream of drafting Bayless, but we saw what happened.

Kegboy
06-16-2009, 09:51 PM
The older you get, the more you begin to wonder: is the joy of vacation worth the punishment of the first couple of days back?

Lord, ain't that the truth.

OakMoses
06-16-2009, 10:43 PM
Unless it's Holiday, I hope Conrad is dead wrong on this one.