PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Wizards offering Jamison to Cleveland

naptownmenace
06-16-2009, 09:51 AM
While plenty of media outlets are speculating about a potential deal between Cleveland and Phoenix, we’ve heard some talk of a possible trade between Cleveland and Washington actually. The deal would essentially be a cost-cutting move for the Wizards, sending Antawn Jamison and filler (Mike James) to the Cavs for Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic. Wallace seems likely to retire, and Pavlovic is on a non-guaranteed contract for next season. It’s not clear whether the Wizards would need to surrender the #5 pick. Jamison is attractive to the Cavs since he’s exactly the type of combo forward they were missing to match up with Orlando’s Rashard Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu.
http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Jonathan-Givony/#Word-on-the-Street-June-16th-3263

That would be a no brainer for Cleveland and in some ways I like this deal better than the deal for Shaq.

I don't see why Washington would do this unless they have some other deals in mind to remake their roster. I'm sure they want to dump salary but I think Butler and Arenas would be upset if they traded Jamison just to save money.

Jonathan
06-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Due to recent trade history this deal comes as no suprise. Look at the Kings trading Brad Miller and John Salmons for peanuts. The Grizzles/Lakers Gasol trade. I am very excited for next summer when the Pacers have a lot of expiring contracts maybe we can land Kobe for Dunleavy, Murphy, and Tinsley.:dance::dance::dance:

DocHolliday
06-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Due to recent trade history this deal comes as no suprise. Look at the Kings trading Brad Miller and John Salmons for peanuts. The Grizzles/Lakers Gasol trade. I am very excited for next summer when the Pacers have a lot of expiring contracts maybe we can land Kobe for Dunleavy, Murphy, and Tinsley.:dance::dance::dance:

Heavy on the sarcasm :laugh:

ABADays
06-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Kobe? Here? Please! :rolleyes:

PR07
06-16-2009, 12:42 PM
I don't like it as much for Cleveland. Jamison has 3 years left on his deal, and at 33, probably is going to start slowing down. Thus, ruining their chance of pairing an Amare or Bosh with LeBron.

Shade
06-16-2009, 03:21 PM
I like the Shaq deal better for Cleveland, but this wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.

Doddage
06-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Wizards thinking about this, and then either picking Jordan Hill with their pick, or having a deal in place to trade their pick and a bad contract or two for a replacement starting PF? That's what I'm thinking.

Infinite MAN_force
06-16-2009, 03:39 PM
I don't like it as much for Cleveland. Jamison has 3 years left on his deal, and at 33, probably is going to start slowing down. Thus, ruining their chance of pairing an Amare or Bosh with LeBron.

Wow, i had no idea he was that old. Now this deal makes more sense (for the wiz). I like the shaq deal much better for Cleveland because its going to be important for them to have a lot of cap room after next season.

Jonathan
06-16-2009, 04:11 PM
I dislike the Shaq deal because all you would hear from the media is Shaq & "King" James. Media members asking Shaq who is a better player Kobe or Lebron? Who is a better teammate Kobe or Lebron? Then if the Cavs played the Lakers in the Finals the pregame would start an hour earlier for Kobe vs Lebron w/ Shaq coverage.

Trophy
06-16-2009, 05:11 PM
I also remember reading that the Cavaliers were looking to sign Charlie Villanueva as a backup to LeBron or a backup PF.

Slick Pinkham
06-16-2009, 09:11 PM
... maybe we can land Kobe for Dunleavy, Murphy, and Tinsley.:dance::dance::dance:

Do you care NOTHING about team chemistry?? Just say no to Kobe.

;)

CableKC
06-16-2009, 09:49 PM
I dislike the Shaq deal because all you would hear from the media is Shaq & "King" James. Media members asking Shaq who is a better player Kobe or Lebron? Who is a better teammate Kobe or Lebron? Then if the Cavs played the Lakers in the Finals the pregame would start an hour earlier for Kobe vs Lebron w/ Shaq coverage.
As long as the Lakers don't win another Championship and we hear the sequel to Shaq's rap that asks Kobe how his *ss tastes....I'm okay with that.

CableKC
06-16-2009, 10:01 PM
I was just thinking of this....but why doesn't the Wizards "hold Curry hostage" at the 5th pick to teams below that are interested in him with the cost is to take on a Bad Contract?

I know that it's a "d*ck-move"....but it's not like it hasn't been done before ( as in what Riley did to the Sixers after he founded out that they were interested in Jason Smith a few years ago ).

MillerTime
06-17-2009, 10:18 AM
I can see the Wiz trading Jamison and #5 for Amare. Theres rumors that Wiz are interested

http://my.journaltimes.com/post/woelfel-world-of-sports/draft_winds_change_for_bucks.html

ESutt7
06-17-2009, 10:30 AM
That would be a nasty offensive team if Arenas was healthy. Who knows if he ever will be though, that knee stuff is heavy duty. I know someone personally who went through the same thing on both knees and isn't allowed to play now. She's 24 too! Can you imagine?

cdash
06-17-2009, 10:46 AM
That would be a nasty offensive team if Arenas was healthy. Who knows if he ever will be though, that knee stuff is heavy duty. I know someone personally who went through the same thing on both knees and isn't allowed to play now. She's 24 too! Can you imagine?

She's 24 and probably doesn't have the miles on her knees that Agent Zero has. Then again, I'm sure he has gotten top notch medical attention for it (not saying your friend didn't).

ESutt7
06-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Yeah, and he went against the advice of the doctors by rushing back. You CAN'T rush back from this. It eventually becomes bone on bone and the doctors would no longer be able to help out. So he did a lot more damage than good by rushing back. I hope he stays healthy...I bet the Wiz are regretting that huge contract though.

beast23
06-17-2009, 11:53 AM
She's 24 and probably doesn't have the miles on her knees that Agent Zero has. Then again, I'm sure he has gotten top notch medical attention for it (not saying your friend didn't).

Have..... to..... force.... myself...... to.....resist.

Probably..... shouldn't...... touch....... this...... one.

DrFife
06-17-2009, 12:09 PM

:chuckle:

Justin Tyme
06-17-2009, 01:56 PM

Yep, probably best not to!!!