PDA

View Full Version : Draft Day 06/25

Jonathan
06-13-2009, 02:52 PM
I feel their is conseous among the board that the Pacers will be doing a draft day deal. With the draft less than two weeks away what deal (within reason) would you like to see the Pacers make on draft day.

pwee31
06-13-2009, 03:35 PM
I would personally like them to acquire another pick, either mid-late first, or early 2nd round. We have have to figure out a way to fill this roster.

We have 7 guy signed on the roster, 8 if you count Tinsley.

8 guys for a 15 man roster, and not a lot of money to spend. That could be why the Pacers a bringing in so many 2nd round/undrafted prospects, to perhaps try to get a couple of cheap FAs to fill the roster.

If Diener, picks up his option, and we're able to resign Jack and McRoberts then that leaves us at 11. Which leaves us with 4 roster spots. Take in affect or two draft picks, then that leaves 2 spots to work with still.

I'm hoping Tinsley can be moved for at least someone who will practice and work hard

MillerTime
06-13-2009, 05:01 PM
Dont we have 3 picks this draft? 1 in the first, 2 in the 2nd (from Dallas)?

vnzla81
06-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Dont we have 3 picks this draft? 1 in the first, 2 in the 2nd (from Dallas)?

The Pacers only have two, their own second round pick is going to Miami

pianoman
06-13-2009, 07:56 PM
I'd like to see us make a trade with LAC, NYK, MIA, or NOH

Kaman, Lee, Haslem, or Chandler in no particular order. Murphy for Haslem + filler is my dream.

MyFavMartin
06-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Make the team better.

Draft the best player, move up if it's not going to cost too much, move back if it mean's dumping Tinsley and still getting a guy we want....

Larry has got to be a very good poker player.

As always, we have no clue.

Guess he picked something up from Donnie?

I actually think Larry targets a quite a few players. Getting stuck on one makes you too desperate. Sort of like dating "the one."

NashvilleKat
06-14-2009, 12:31 AM
Make the team better.

Draft the best player, move up if it's not going to cost too much, move back if it mean's dumping Tinsley and still getting a guy we want....

Larry has got to be a very good poker player.

As always, we have no clue.

Guess he picked something up from Donnie?

I actually think Larry targets a quite a few players. Getting stuck on one makes you too desperate. Sort of like dating "the one."

I would really like to do whatever it takes to land Brandon Jennings. The NBA put out a profile on all 13 potential first round point guards in this year's draft, and they compared Jennings to Tony Parker. We desprately need that kind of point guard if we're ever going to move up to a championship contender.

cinotimz
06-14-2009, 02:31 AM
Trade Tinsley, Ford and the 13 to Golden State for Crawford, Wright, and the 7.

Coop
06-14-2009, 03:22 AM
That will never happen..ever.

Jonathan
06-15-2009, 09:13 AM
I would personally like them to acquire another pick, either mid-late first, or early 2nd round. We have have to figure out a way to fill this roster.

We have 7 guy signed on the roster, 8 if you count Tinsley.

8 guys for a 15 man roster, and not a lot of money to spend. That could be why the Pacers a bringing in so many 2nd round/undrafted prospects, to perhaps try to get a couple of cheap FAs to fill the roster.

If Diener, picks up his option, and we're able to resign Jack and McRoberts then that leaves us at 11. Which leaves us with 4 roster spots. Take in affect or two draft picks, then that leaves 2 spots to work with still.

I'm hoping Tinsley can be moved for at least someone who will practice and work hard

Our roster has a log jam @ the PG position. If the Pacers draft the best available player and that player happens to be a PG does Jarret Jack walk? Dunleavy is injured and Roy Hibbert is our only true C w/o Rasho. This is going to be a very interesting draft for the Pacers.

Two teams that will be active on draft day are the Blazers and Minnesota b/c both teams have several picks. I hope we are buyers b/c I am sick of not making the playoffs.

Gamble1
06-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Our roster has a log jam @ the PG position. If the Pacers draft the best available player and that player happens to be a PG does Jarret Jack walk? Dunleavy is injured and Roy Hibbert is our only true C w/o Rasho. This is going to be a very interesting draft for the Pacers.

Two teams that will be active on draft day are the Blazers and Minnesota b/c both teams have several picks. I hope we are buyers b/c I am sick of not making the playoffs.
Its alot to ask of rookie. I mean I don't think anyone we get will put us over the hump. I am looking foreward to a full season with Dun and Rush.

If I had to make a prediction I would guess we would take Maynor or James Johnson (after reading T-Birds post) with the 13th pick. In the second round I am guessing a center like the kid from Michigan State.

If we draft a pg I think jack or Ford will be gone. I think there would be more takers for Jack simply bc he is cheaper and productive.

My worst fear is that Bird will get greedy and wait to long. I could see us doing this for instance with James Johnson. I would much rather not trade back in this draft bc I think it

Murph for Haslem makes sense but I doubt that goes down.

owl
06-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Ford to Washington for Etan Thomas. Swap of 5 and 13. Pacers pick Curry
and Washington picks Lawson. Pacers will have to give another pick of some sort.
Washington needs a veteran point.

Jonathan
06-15-2009, 10:29 AM
Owl- I believe the Pacers would take T Evans over Curry if he is available @ 5. What if Thabeet drops? I understand the draft is ten days away minds will change, players will drop. I would have zero problem moving up in the second round and snagging Danny Green or a big man depending on who we take @ 13.

Gamble1
06-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Owl- I believe the Pacers would take T Evans over Curry if he is available @ 5. What if Thabeet drops? I understand the draft is ten days away minds will change, players will drop. I would have zero problem moving up in the second round and snagging Danny Green or a big man depending on who we take @ 13.
Have to agree. Evans over Curry.

DisplacedKnick
06-15-2009, 10:38 AM
What draft day deal would I LIKE the Pacers to make? How about trading Granger for our 8 pick? We SHOULD have drafted him with that pick last time we had it but our GM was in the middle of his everlasting idiot-fest.

No, I'm not bitter. :mad:

cdash
06-15-2009, 11:49 AM
and Washington picks Lawson. Pacers will have to give another pick of some sort.

I like that idea. Not really sure Curry is the guy I'd target there (I prefer Holiday and Evans), but it makes sense.

idioteque
06-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Move up in the second round and draft Jeff Adrien. Not the most popular thing to do, I know, but I still think he provides us some nice depth at PF if we pick him up.

Shade
06-15-2009, 12:58 PM
I'll be wearing my Ford jersey, so that should all but confirm that he'll be traded. :unimpress

I want more picks, preferably at least one more first-rounder. Oh, and NO MORE LORBEKS/STANKOS! :mad:

duke dynamite
06-15-2009, 02:49 PM
I'll be wearing my Ford jersey, so that should all but confirm that he'll be traded. :unimpress

I want more picks, preferably at least one more first-rounder. Oh, and NO MORE LORBEKS/STANKOS! :mad:
:laugh:

MyFavMartin
06-15-2009, 08:19 PM

I don't think Washington trades back and takes on salary.

jhondog28
06-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Trade Tinsley for an extra ball in the lottery machine next year. Sorry JK seriously I like our position in the draft and I would not be too sad to see us move down and grab another first or second round pick. I think this is a very watered down draft after the top 5 maybe even top 3 and I think moving down or getting some good trades maybe the way to go in this years draft.

Kegboy
06-15-2009, 10:57 PM
I want more picks...and NO MORE LORBEKS/STANKOS! :mad:

Those statements are incongruous.

I was about to say that all I want is for Shade not to kill himself, but that might be asking for too much.

Seriously, nothing about this draft class excites me, save maybe Rubio. If we got out all together I'd be fine with it. Especially if the alternative is Chase Buddinger. :willies:

jeffg-body
06-15-2009, 11:08 PM
I would like to see us aquire an early to mid 20's pick if one of the PG's we have coveted drop, unless Teague is there at 13.

croz24
06-16-2009, 04:12 PM
i'm confident the pacers could trade #13 and a future protected 1st to move into the top 6 or 7 if they so choose.

DrFife
06-16-2009, 04:38 PM
i'm confident the pacers could trade #13 and a future protected 1st to move into the top 6 or 7 if they so choose.

Croz, you probably haven't won the Most Popular Poster of the Year Award before, but I often enjoy your against-the-grain comments. You're an Evans fan, if I remember correctly, right? (Who else?) Given our current roster, can you suggest a trade-up scenario that you would endorse?

croz24
06-17-2009, 12:32 AM
Croz, you probably haven't won the Most Popular Poster of the Year Award before, but I often enjoy your against-the-grain comments. You're an Evans fan, if I remember correctly, right? (Who else?) Given our current roster, can you suggest a trade-up scenario that you would endorse?

i think harden might actually be the most skilled player in this draft, but the question would become, where does he fit with the pacers. trading up for harden would mean one of he, rush, and granger would have to come off the bench. i think rush could be a great 6th man, but i assume bird has different plans.

evans would be the only other player worth trading up for imo who we could realistically land. i prefer harden the player to evans, but evans would fill a glaring need and truly has star potential. i don't see any other american pg in this draft with such potential. evans' game is suited well for the nba and he has an nba ready body.

as much as i love jonny flynn, you just don't trade the 13th and a future 1st for flynn. but honestly, if the pacers feel there's a player in the draft worth trading up for, this is the year to do it. the weakness of this draft, can benefit the pacers as far as trades are concerned with so many teams willing to part with very high draft picks. since it's clear management is sticking with the win now philosophy, trading the future 1st for a player whom you think can impact the team right away is just a small price to pay. this is one of the few opportunities the pacers will have to acquire a top 5-7 pick, and i think they should go for it...unless, of course, that pick is curry ;-)