PDA

View Full Version : just seen Fred Jones in Circle Centre Mall

robocop's cousin
06-11-2009, 07:24 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_fred_jones.jpg

so what's the deal, Pacers planning on bringing back da gawd ?

Dr. Awesome
06-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Fred Jones was one of my favorite Pacers...I miss him.

pizza guy
06-11-2009, 07:55 PM
I hope not. He played with heart and could be fun to watch, but he was so out of control and didn't really fit the SG position, I wouldn't want him back.

EDIT: I have to add that I can't read a thread about seeing a player in public without thinking about men's restrooms.

pacergod2
06-11-2009, 08:01 PM
I hope not. He played with heart and could be fun to watch, but he was so out of control and didn't really fit the SG position, I wouldn't want him back.

EDIT: I have to add that I can't read a thread about seeing a player in public without thinking about men's restrooms.

As in Scot Pollard?

MillerTime
06-11-2009, 08:24 PM
If we can sign him for the min, I am all for it. I would rather have Jones than Graham any day. I think Jones would be a solid replacement for Graham

bigrichard82
06-11-2009, 08:31 PM
If we can sign him for the min, I am all for it. I would rather have Jones than Graham any day. I think Jones would be a solid replacement for Graham

Was jones in the league last year? Jones is a slasher, but I think I would rather have graham. I don't think he is better all around, but I do think he is better at his role (and he accepts it).

Fho Sho

PacerDude
06-11-2009, 08:56 PM
also, yes
he was on the L.A. Clippers last yearWell, there ya go.

He's ready to turn this franchise around.

Why do people keep wanting old retreads back ??

duke dynamite
06-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Well, there ya go.

He's ready to turn this franchise around.

Why do people keep wanting old retreads back ??
Because for some reason they are stuck in the past. The bad past that is.:hmm:

travmil
06-11-2009, 09:37 PM

Unless Fred suddenly developed the ability to do anything but go right or consistently hit a shot outside of 10 feet, you can keep him.

Smoothdave1
06-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Jones signed with the Clippers in late December, was released and resigned a few days later.

As far as why he would be in Indy, he still owns a house here that he was trying to sell and was on the market. He probably is attending to business matters regarding that.

Young
06-11-2009, 10:15 PM
I always liked Fred Jones while he was here.

I was hoping he would catch on with another team in the league although he never could. Might his success here be due to Rick Carlise?

Smoothdave1
06-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Jones did catch on with another team and had a decent year as he averaged 7.3 ppg with the Clippers. He's a solid off the bench guy and should probably find a home in the NBA next year, albeit for cheap.

aceace
06-11-2009, 10:46 PM
He may also be working out for the summer here if his house is still on the market.

Doug
06-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Fred is either a shooting guard that can't shoot

or

A point guard that can't dribble and pass.

That's not the combination I look for in a 'combo' guard.

PaceBalls
06-12-2009, 12:49 AM
I have some good memories of Fred torching the Celtics in a playoff game. He was really, really, good for us at some key moments...

PR07
06-12-2009, 01:10 AM
I liked Fred Jones, but I don't think I'd really want him back.

idioteque
06-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Fred Jones has a tough time shopping at any store where the men's section is positioned to the left of the store and the women's to right. He just can't find anything he wants and leaves.

count55
06-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Fred Jones has a tough time shopping at any store where the men's section is positioned to the left of the store and the women's to right. He just can't find anything he wants and leaves.

That was true, but then somebody told him he could just walk to the back of the store and turn around...you know, like halftime.

DocHolliday
06-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Fred Jones is one of my least favorite Pacers because he epitomizes the IT era.

Hmm...

PG - Tinsley
SG - F. Jones
SF - Al Harrington
PF - J.O.
C - David Harrison

That's probably my starting lineup for least favorite Pacers. Funny that it's a lineup that could've happened in the IT era, even though I've followed the Pacers since the mid-eighties

Since86
06-12-2009, 12:44 PM
I know this is off topic, but my BIGGEST pet peeve is switching the words 'seen' and 'saw.'

I don't understand how people can switch them. It doesn't even sound right.

Okay, I will now take a deep breath and relax.

Speed
06-12-2009, 02:03 PM
I know this is off topic, but my BIGGEST pet peeve is switching the words 'seen' and 'saw.'

I say it sometimes and don't even realize, thank you Indiana upbringing, but I do saw what you are saying.

Speed
06-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Fred Jones is one of my least favorite Pacers because he epitomizes the IT era.

Hmm...

PG - Tinsley
SG - F. Jones
SF - Al Harrington
PF - J.O.
C - David Harrison

That's probably my starting lineup for least favorite Pacers. Funny that it's a lineup that could've happened in the IT era, even though I've followed the Pacers since the mid-eighties

I'm fine with JO and Al, they were what they were. I never like Anthony Johnson, I can't really say why. He was dropping 40 in a playoff game for the Pacers and I was like meh.

naptownmenace
06-12-2009, 02:23 PM

Sheer brilliance! :laugh:

I wouldn't be upset if the Pacers gave him another shot for the league minimum but I'm sure that's not why he was in town. The Pacers are focused on the draft and they can't negotiate with FAs until July 1st anyway.

I like Fred and he does play decent defense but Jack, Graham, and even Quis are better and more versatile players.

DocHolliday
06-12-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm fine with JO and Al, they were what they were. I never like Anthony Johnson, I can't really say why. He was dropping 40 in a playoff game for the Pacers and I was like meh.

No kidding. For me, that was about the least exciting 40 points a Pacer ever scored. Hell, even I called my dad early in the game when JO went off for 50+ a few years back. AJ--whatever.

QuickRelease
06-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Pass

Shade
06-12-2009, 07:40 PM
I saw Freddie once at the United Artists theater on 96th St.

I'd be okay with bringing Freddie back for cheap in a back-up role. He'd just plug the hole until Dun returns (assuming he does).

Shade
06-12-2009, 07:41 PM
No kidding. For me, that was about the least exciting 40 points a Pacer ever scored. Hell, even I called my dad early in the game when JO went off for 50+ a few years back. AJ--whatever.

Same here. I just didn't like how Goomba ran the offense.

Anthem
06-12-2009, 11:19 PM

If I thanked people, I'd thank you for this post.

It's right up there with "dominate."