PDA

View Full Version : Report: Donaghy Severely Assaulted By Inmate With Ties To Mob

MillerTime
06-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Donaghy’s release date has recently been in question due to concerns about his medical condition. Donaghy was injured during an assault in November of 2008. During the assault, another inmate claiming ties to the New York mob beat Donaghy with a heavy object. Donaghy suffered severe knee and leg injuries that will require surgery.
Press Release Point
http://www.pressreleasepoint.com/former-nba-referee-tim-donaghy-be-released-prison-june-17-2009

Speed
06-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Let this be a lesson to you kids.

Cheaters never win and winners never cheat... and sometimes cheaters get their kneecaps broke.

count55
06-10-2009, 12:14 PM

Cheaters never win and winners never cheat... and sometimes cheaters get their kneecaps broke.

Cheaters win all the time.

Naptown_Seth
06-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Just ask Kobe, or Magic for that matter. Unless I missed the divorces. ;)

Back this story though, could this be any more cliched? And does this do enough to emphasize just how freaking serious the issue was for everyone ready to dismiss this as just one little guy going slightly rogue barely affecting anything.

Once the claws are in a lot of people near the victim become the next targets and things get bigger and more out of hand. The mob didn't make it's name by just asking 1 guy 1 time to fix something or do something dirty.

It's the same reason the Pacers found themselves dealing with more than they expected with Shawne Williams. It's not as simple as it's often made out to be, there are forces on the other side pushing to not just keep the status quo but to expand the situation further.

IMO Stern and the NBA took this WAAAAYYYY too lightly, and should be ashamed that they missed TD and his mob connections when they did their own investigation.

owl
06-10-2009, 12:27 PM
With sin there is always a price to pay. The question is who is going to pay the price.

Jonathan
06-10-2009, 12:34 PM
I do not think the inmate that beat him in November had any ties to the mafia or else he would never had claimed mafia. I have never met Tim nor do I care to. I am not going to read his memoirs either. I am not suprised he got beat up in a prison camp either.

beast23
06-10-2009, 12:36 PM

Cheaters never win and winners never cheat... and sometimes cheaters get their kneecaps broke.And.... Nancy Kerrigan?

Sometimes winners get their kneecaps broke and the cheaters don't win anyway.

Speed
06-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Cheaters win all the time.

Where's the unthank button. :)

PacerDude
06-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Why would that have an impact on his release date ??

And why aren't there any other articles about this anywhere ??

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm .......................... ESPN would be all over this - I assume.

Something just ain't right about it.

grace
06-10-2009, 02:55 PM
ESPN would be all over this - I assume.

They're too caught up in Favre Watch. Donaghy could have been beaten in the middle of the studio and they wouldn't notice unless Brett was doing it.

Naptown_Seth
06-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Good point PacerDude, the story is from "press release point.com" and was submitted by "executive prison consultants.com", linking over to their site I almost wonder if this isn't a hoax to boost traffic.

However I'm not familiar with the press release site and what it's normal behavior is. Maybe it's another wiki-news type of place that just gathers from all sorts of crazy sources who know things before they break onto the full-blown wire. Carradine's story got to the US via Twitter first but it turned out to be true, so you never can tell I guess.

edit - one possibility is that these consultants were hired by TD either way back at the start or recently and are press releasing this to help their client, either to get him out earlier or whatever.

Personally I didn't know there was a company that helped get you through the prison process, and maybe that's the point with this story, real or fake.

Trader Joe
06-10-2009, 04:35 PM
They're too caught up in Favre Watch. Donaghy could have been beaten in the middle of the studio and they wouldn't notice unless Brett was doing it.

I laughed.

aceace
06-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Maybe David Stern sent this out ... none of you prolly thought that.

speakout4
06-10-2009, 07:01 PM
With sin there is always a price to pay. The question is who is going to pay the price.
Depends on the sinner. If white collar sinner obviously someone else.

YoSoyIndy
06-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Maybe David Stern sent this out ... none of you prolly thought that.

AceAce-- what is your avatar? Looks so familiar.

aceace
06-11-2009, 02:11 AM
AceAce-- what is your avatar? Looks so familiar.That is me at age 4 with my mom in 1968 standing behind a legendary sprint car known as "big bertha" My Dad drove this car for 4 years and won over 100 sprint car features in it driving for Karl Kinser. The pic was taken at a track in Dayton, Ohio. It was called big bertha because it had a 427 chevy rat motor. Most everyone else was running a small block chevy.