PDA

View Full Version : Knicks/Blazers trade on draft night?

Shade
06-08-2009, 03:58 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/59669/20090608/report_blazers_will_trade_rodriguez_to_knicks_on_d raft_night/#

Does this mean the Knicks are trading down? Who would the Blazers want at #8? Or is something else brewing here?

Young
06-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Could the Blazers be after Stephen Curry? I think I read that last week. With Brandon Roy being able to handle the ball they might feel Curry would be a good fit for them. My question is what is the deal with Bayless then?

Shade
06-08-2009, 04:05 PM
I thought the same thing, but why would the Knicks deal Curry for Sergio? Maybe the Blazers are taking back a bad contract?

DrFife
06-08-2009, 04:27 PM
I may be all wet, but hearing that the Knicks will acquire (low-priced and under-utilized) Sergio Rodriguez seems to reinforce my suspicion that they are not eagerly awaiting Stephen Curry to drop into their laps. No, I think DW's Plan A is to try to trade up and acquire ...

... Hasheem Thabeet. Donnie has previously admitted his interest in Thabeet, who, imo, would be an ideal running center in the D'Antoni offense. They're probably negotiating with Memphis at #2, although I don't doubt that the Griz are on the phone with a lot of teams. In turn, perhaps Portland is acquiring someone from the Knicks in exchange for Rodriguez and their #24 pick (which New York perhaps could package to move up). Needless to say, I'm eager to see how things play out.

Trophy
06-08-2009, 04:30 PM
They should put Bayless in the trade with Rodriguez and the Knicks send someone and the pick.

Naptown_Seth
06-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Boy, I can really see someone chasing Thabeet up the board into the #2 or 3 pick still. It's not a shocker since he lived in that range all season, but it was seeming like teams were cooling on him after seeing his many shortcomings continue all season.

But then the season ends and guys fall in love with measurements and iso drills. Happens every single year.

I've said before that I'd be okay with Thabeet here, meaning that he does have an NBA skill (shot blocking) and size, but at the same time he really struggled to be a true game changer in any other way the last 2 years. Often he was as much a problem as a help to his team due to his own limits.

At this point I understand drafting him 5-6, but chasing him up to 2-3 AND trading something pretty good to do that seems foolish. Who knows though, shot blocking can have a big impact on a game if things fall right....and he avoids foul trouble at the NBA level.

Blair is a smarter player than him, but obviously size limited. Not sure Blair is as fast as Thabeet either. Bigs are super thin this year since Patterson dropped out of the mix.

And Curry too. Curry is great off the ball and a nice little spot up shooting type ala Redick or Hoiberg, but moving him into the top 10 sure seems like a big gamble. I thought that notion had faded but it's also making a post-season comeback leading up to the draft.

CableKC
06-08-2009, 04:38 PM
I thought the same thing, but why would the Knicks deal Curry for Sergio? Maybe the Blazers are taking back a bad contract?
That's what I'm saying.....I thought that Sergio wasn't too happy with the Blazers in their rotation.....why would the Knicks do this at the cost of the 8th pick?

d_c
06-08-2009, 04:42 PM
That's what I'm saying.....I thought that Sergio wasn't too happy with the Blazers in their rotation.....why would the Knicks do this at the cost of the 8th pick?

Some things to keep in mind.

This report was from a European source, who notoriously give out lousy NBA rumors. The source also gives no indication as to what the Knicks are giving in return.

Trophy
06-08-2009, 04:43 PM
How about this?

Gallinari #8 for Bayless, Rodriguez, and #24.

It's something I just thought of off the top of my head.

CableKC
06-08-2009, 04:47 PM
How about this?

Gallinari #8 for Bayless, Rodriguez, and #24.

It's something I just thought of off the top of my head.
DW and D'Antoni love Gallanari....no way they trade him.

Trophy
06-08-2009, 04:55 PM
DW and D'Antoni love Gallanari....no way they trade him.

Really no one else in mind except Mohammed Sene and the #8 pick.