06-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Past Winners-

2008: Jamaal Tinsley

tora tora
06-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Good riddance Rasho. :loser:

idioteque
06-06-2009, 04:11 PM
For the faith TPTB put in him, Jeff Foster.

Love the guy, he is a hard worker, but he is really starting to lose it now. The only thing about JT that is disappointing at this point is that we haven't traded him yet. Yes, he is disappointing, but I had zero expectations for him this year.

I guess you could argue Marquis due to his lack of consistency, but then again when has Marquis ever been consistent? Nesto did his job this year by sitting on the bench and acting as an expiring contract. That's all I really expected from him. TJ Ford also is what I thought he is: an average NBA point guard. Those who thought he was a top ten NBA pg and such at the beginning of the year were just crazy.

ChicagoJ
06-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Wasn't disappointed in any of these.

I didnt' expect Ford, Rasho or Foster to be very good. Daniels exceeded my expectations. Tinsley was absent.

If anything, I was disappointed that it took Rush most of the season to replace Daniels.

Hicks
06-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Of the "guys who played" list, Rasho's the closest. However, Tinsley's still on the roster, and that makes it an easy vote.

Sollozzo
06-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Tinsley, only because I'm disappointed I still have to look at his name in the program.

Lord Helmet
06-06-2009, 04:53 PM
I agree with Adam. I'm tired of Tinsley being associated with this franchise in any shape or form.

I almost picked Rasho, I expected him to play a little better than he did, nothing great, but just a little better. For an expiring I guess I can't be too upset, though.

Spirit
06-06-2009, 04:54 PM
TJ Ford. Came in supposed to be the teams starter and loses his job to that klutz Jarrett Jack.

Justin Tyme
06-06-2009, 05:06 PM
TJ Ford.

Too reckless and out of control for my taste in a PG. And too overpaid at 8 mil. I'd rather have had a pass 1st and involve your other teammates PG as in Steve Blake at half the price.

AND Jack more than earned the starting role over Ford towards the seasons end!!

Will Galen
06-06-2009, 05:13 PM
TJ. He was supposed to stop dribble penetration.

owl
06-06-2009, 06:01 PM
A belated vote for David (Hulk) Harrison. I was ecstatic when he was drafted and
very disappointed with his commitment.

Putnam
06-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Even with TJ the Pacers didn't have very much of a fast break offense. Plus . . .

TJ. He was supposed to stop dribble penetration.

Major Cold
06-06-2009, 07:46 PM
I actually expected TJ Ford to be injured for 20+ games. I did expect more when he was on the court.

In April of 08 Rasho was playing well for the Raptors. And playing for his country, he played well. But he quickly faded last year. I expected Rasho to at least put 20 mpg at the end of the season. He was lethargic to say the least. He was uninvolved. He was a 7'1" Casper.

rexnom
06-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Mike Dunleavy - can you be disappointed in a season like that? Otherwise, I was fairly happy. If I had to choose one of these, I'd say TJ Ford.

Kid Minneapolis
06-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Rasho was the guy that just didn't produce beyond the first few weeks of the season... the rest of those guys, whether they lived up to expectations or not, they at least produced at times. Rasho, otoh, became invisible.

Pig Nash
06-06-2009, 10:51 PM
Voted TJ but I would have voted for Dun if he was on the list. I know he was injured but that doesn't mean I can't be disappointed.

Natston
06-06-2009, 11:10 PM
Marquis Daniels was supposed to keep Brandon Rush on the bench, and make us ponder about Jerryd Bayless for at least a year...

cinotimz
06-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Maybe this is what you get when you have a Piston fan orchestrating a Pacer's poll.

Most likely has to be Dunleavy. With a healthy Dunleavy, most feel the Pacers wouldve made the playoffs. He wasnt and the Pacers didnt.

MyFavMartin
06-06-2009, 11:22 PM
Mike Dunleavy - can you be disappointed in a season like that?

I would agree. Mike needs to be added to the list of choices.

Like one of the Pacers said, if he was healthy, the Pacers would have made the playoffs and all of us on PD would be a little more upbeat.

CableKC
06-07-2009, 01:29 AM
I went with Ford over Rasho.

Trader Joe
06-07-2009, 02:06 AM
Dunleavy.

Sollozzo
06-07-2009, 02:58 AM
I feel bad for Dunleavy as he seems like a really good guy, but him having to call it a season in February was probably a mixed blessing for the future of the team. It enabled Rush to be the starter for the rest of the year and he showed us what a special player we have. Rush was going to be the starter sooner rather than later, but I'm personally glad it's now. I like MD but Rush is the future of that spot for the next 10 years

That's why it's hard for me to call Dunleavy a disappointment. I'm disappointed for him on a personal level, but I'm not disappointed at the domino effect it had.

plutarch
06-07-2009, 11:19 AM
tj ford just because i expected him to take charge and change our point guard situation dramatically. he had a tough time adjusting to the new team. maybe next year he can shows us how good he can really be.

Kaufman
06-07-2009, 11:24 AM
i think dunleavy kind of was an overlook in this poll,in retrospect he needs to be up there. i probably would have voted for him, even though I am happy with the outcome of Rush's developmt

LoneGranger33
06-07-2009, 04:40 PM
JayRedd, with Rasho a close second.

Trophy
06-07-2009, 05:00 PM
I say Jamaal Tinsley because he was still on the roster at the end of the season.

idioteque
06-07-2009, 05:38 PM
For all the JT bashing on this site (which I have participated in) at least he is keeping quiet right now. He could be having a very public battle with Pacers management right now if he wanted to.

His agent is probably smart for keeping it under wraps because any further sign of JT being a malcontent is just going to hurt his value even more.

jeffg-body
06-08-2009, 12:39 AM
I wasn't too disappointed in any of these guys. It is hard to build chemistry the first year grouped together and at least they guys who stepped on the floor gave effort. I went with the cancer known as Tin Man because he wasn't even around the team and still managed to get his name mentioned way too much. I wish we could trade him for his real worth (a bottle of unopened aspirin and get him the heck out of here for good.

Unclebuck
06-08-2009, 09:49 AM
I can't really choose because really I am not disappointed by any of those players in the sense that they all played as I thought they would. In fact the Pacers team overall was where I thought they would be

duke dynamite
06-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Diener?