PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember the Rowdy Section from when the Pacers sucked?

BigMac
02-01-2004, 10:30 PM
$5 seats behind the basket with the Pacers band on sale day of game only (I think they went on sale at 4pm). I did this many times as I was in High School and that's all I could afford. I am just curious as to how many of the Pacers fans on this board remember this.

MagicRat
02-01-2004, 10:49 PM
I sat in the rowdy section once for a game against the Hawks, right in the front row along the baseline near the Hawks bench. 'Nique put on quite a show in the pre-game warmups. Don't remember much about the game, but I do still remember how cool I thought it was to sit close enough to read all of the player's nicknames embossed in gold letters on their shoes.....

I also remember the Circle City Sidewalk Stompers were down there to try to give the game more of a college-type atmosphere. Ah, the good old days.......

BigMac
02-01-2004, 11:28 PM
I sat in the rowdy section once for a game against the Hawks, right in the front row along the baseline near the Hawks bench. 'Nique put on quite a show in the pre-game warmups. Don't remember much about the game, but I do still remember how cool I thought it was to sit close enough to read all of the player's nicknames embossed in gold letters on their shoes.....

I also remember the Circle City Sidewalk Stompers were down there to try to give the game more of a college-type atmosphere. Ah, the good old days.......

I went to one Hawks/Pacers game in the Rowdy Section. Do you happen to remember the annoying band member leading the section to call Mike Fratello "Mikey" because his Mom called him that? I never got how that would bug a guy but I still enjoyed the game.