PDA

View Full Version : Kings Forward Saves Woman From Chilly River

Peck
06-01-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm not sure I have seen this posted on here yet.

Two thumbs up to Green. In all honesty what he did was very risky and not what we teach people to do because more often than not the rescuer can become the victim. However he should be commended for taking actions and frankly probably saving a life.

http://www.kcra.com/sports/19594781/detail.html

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- The Sacramento Kings' Donté Greene can add life saver to his resume after a chilly rescue on the American River.

The forward said he and some friends were on a boat Monday near Discovery Park. At about 7 p.m., they decided to go home.

A woman onboard was pulling up the ladder when the driver put the boat in gear, Greene said. She flew off the back, into the chilly waters.

"All I hear is somebody yelling, I hear a big splash," Greene said.

He spotted the woman, flailing, in the strong current. The boat was turning around to get her, but there were other boats in the way, Greene said.

"I honestly don't even think I was thinking -- I was just reacting," he said about jumping in after her. "I was pretty confident in my swimming abilities."

Greene dodged some boats to get to the woman, and somebody threw them a life preserver to help stay afloat.

"It was only a minute, but it felt like a lifetime. It felt like it took forever," Greene said. "Once we got to the boat and everything, I was pretty happy."

The woman didn't need medical attention afterward, though Greene said she was feeling "a little shocked."

Erik
06-01-2009, 05:11 PM
A new favorite player to add to my list.

pianoman
06-01-2009, 07:38 PM
class act

Los Angeles
06-01-2009, 08:36 PM
A new favorite player to add to my list.

I don't even want to think about what that list is for. :fear:

Smoothdave1
06-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Greene is actually a pretty entertaining guy. If you ever get a chance, check out the Kings website as he has the "Donte Greene show" and it shows him on and off the court. Pretty good stuff!!

croz24
06-01-2009, 11:59 PM
pacers are going to trade granger to the kings for greene, thompson, and the 4th pick...just watch ;-)

better say something about greene so i don't get banned again...greene really is a class act. he and thompson were the two guys i really wanted at #11 last year so long as nobody slid to us. i'd still welcome either in a trade in a heartbeat. two class acts with mad potential to boot.

Trader Joe
06-02-2009, 09:30 AM
I think Greene should have stayed one more year at Cuse. Probably would be a top 5 pick in this year's draft and probably would have been a Final 4 team.

duke dynamite
06-02-2009, 09:31 AM
pacers are going to trade granger to the kings for greene, thompson, and the 4th pick...just watch ;-)

better say something about greene so i don't get banned again...greene really is a class act. he and thompson were the two guys i really wanted at #11 last year so long as nobody slid to us. i'd still welcome either in a trade in a heartbeat. two class acts with mad potential to boot.
:hmm:

ABADays
06-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Stephen Jackson wasn't on the boat was he? Hmmmm.

ilive4sports
06-02-2009, 05:02 PM
I was actually out on the river a day before then not too far from where that was. Everything I hear out here about Greene is good and this just shows he is a class act.

Shade
06-02-2009, 05:42 PM
The NBA, and the world in general, needs more people like this. Major, major props to Donte. :thumbsup:

Trophy
06-02-2009, 09:13 PM
I would've traded Graham for Greene during the season.

Young
06-02-2009, 09:40 PM
The sad part is I don't think I have seen ESPN mention this story once yet they keep talking about Lamar Odom and his candy eating habits.

Trophy
06-03-2009, 07:09 PM
The sad part is I don't think I have seen ESPN mention this story once yet they keep talking about Lamar Odom and his candy eating habits.

:laugh:

I guess because the Kings and Lakers are on opposite paths now.
One is looking to win a championship and the other is looking at the draft.

Inca Street
06-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Mmmmmm......chili river

http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/attachments/month_0708/drooling_homer_5d3Q6RnPoUBa.gif

....and props to Mr Greene.