imawhat
Kstat
MagicRat
mellifluous
Naptown_Seth
Unclebuck

OakMoses
06-01-2009, 04:14 PM
While I'm honored to be nominated and shocked to have received votes, I feel like any of the other nominees would wipe the floor with me.

imawhat gets it for me. The video breakdowns in the defense thread seal the deal.

ChicagoJ
06-01-2009, 06:34 PM
While I'm honored to be nominated and shocked to have received votes, I feel like any of the other nominees would wipe the floor with me.

imawhat gets it for me. The video breakdowns in the defense thread seal the deal.

Ditto. And it wasn't just the videos - he was consistenly outstanding in his analysis and also presented it in a way that everyone understood what he was talking about. That's not easy.

Said a bit differently, it is one thing to take an analysis of something complicated and make it so complicated that only a PhD could understand it. It is something else to take something complicated and communicate it well.

Jose Slaughter
06-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Seth

Since I feel you should have been up for the MVP, the best I can do is vote for you for this one.

count55
06-01-2009, 09:02 PM
I voted for Buck, primarily because of some strong early impressions he made on me when I first started coming here regularly, just over a year ago.

I damn near voted for imawhat, who I nominated, but Buck was the guy I thought of in the "coaching" light, first....well, second to tbird, of course. If I voted 100 times, I'd probably go back and forth between these two (Buck & imawhat), with one of them winning 51-49.

It's a good group. I'm very surprised and honored by the votes I have received. I'm also very thankful, but I think the other guys are more deserving. ChicagoJ noted in the nominations thread that I'm really more of a capologist. I'm also a stat guy, and an analyst. I think a lot of these other guys have a better "coaching" eye than I do.

Unclebuck
06-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Ditto. And it wasn't just the videos - he was consistenly outstanding in his analysis and also presented it in a way that everyone understood what he was talking about. That's not easy.

Said a bit differently, it is one thing to take an analysis of something complicated and make it so complicated that only a PhD could understand it. It is something else to take something complicated and communicate it well.

I don't understand what you are saying???????????????

thunderbird1245
06-02-2009, 08:38 AM
This is a strong field to choose from.

In the end, I voted for Imawhat, although it was very very close for me. I absolutely love Naptown's breakdown of college players, and look forward to the discussions/debates he and I will have about that topic in the next month. Seth is a very good evaluator of players in my opinion, and I enjoy hearing his thoughts.

UB shares my own love for defense, especially from the point guard position, so I always value and appreciate that.

Bball is one of my favorite posters as well as being a fellow mid southern Indiana Pacer fan. His thoughts are always very interesting to read.

Mellifluous is outstanding, and is currently doing a great job organizing the mock draft thread. He seems to be a very good basketball mind.

Count is outstanding, and I voted for him for MVP. he strikes me more as a salary cap/front office guy however, so I think he is miscategorized in this one. Kstat brings alot of general NBA thoughts to the table and has a more realistic viewpoint of most things, unlike the "sunshine" outlook we often see fans have about their own teams. And MR is a veteran poster who brings humor and perspective everytime he participates.

Like I said, its a close vote, but I think I'll vote to give this award to Imawhat, and hope he chooses to post much more often in the future, even if he happens to disagree with something I post.

Tbird

count55
06-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Vote imawhat!