Best Debator

ChicagoJ
count55
Naptown_Seth
Putnam
Since86

naptownmenace
06-01-2009, 03:45 PM
They're all good at debating their points but Count55, hands down is the best and least emotional debater of the nominees, IMHO. Plus I'm a stats guy so it was going to come down to Seth or Count.

ChicagoJ
06-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Wow. This is going to be tough. Four posters that really make this place worthwhile. (And then there is loudmouthed-ol'-me.) Three of which I seem to debate with every day (don't you get tired/ need a day off? C'mon, give me some room here!!). And Count, who I don't recall ever actually debating with but that's not the point. He's got his facts down, so there isn't much left to debate.

Major Cold
06-01-2009, 09:51 PM
I don't think count debates. When inconsistency shows up, he brings the data that brings stability to the argument.

Country Boy
06-01-2009, 10:04 PM
If telling you are wrong and he is right is considered debating than Seth is your man.;)

count55
06-01-2009, 10:40 PM
To me, this is really a two horse race: ChicagoJ and Seth.

I've been reading old post lately, and J certainly has HOF level talent in this category. This came out this year from time to time (Tinsley Arbitration, TJ Ford).

However, Seth is clearly in his prime. He had the love this year, and it showed. He was relentless and voluminous. There was no poster he couldn't debate...including those who agreed with him. (It's not uncommon to find yourself "violently agreeing" with Seth.) That's why my vote went to Naptime.

BTW...MC's right...I don't really particularly debate. I don't have the patience for it.

count55
06-02-2009, 08:48 AM
...one other thing I was wondering...

How come Bball's not on this list? I overlooked him in nominations, but I'm pretty surprised that nobody else did.

Naptown_Seth
06-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Bball, good call. I was so busy during noms I didn't really get to participate in the process. Bball kinda has the default Darksider thing which overshadows a definite love to debate.

Personally I see myself more like Count, but apparently no one else does. I guess I just offended too many people...and yet where is the grass roots write-in voting for that award? :( If I don't win Most Offensive Poster I'm walking right off the court without shaking anyone's hand, I'm not kidding.

BillS
06-02-2009, 12:05 PM
If I don't win Most Offensive Poster I'm walking right off the court without shaking anyone's hand, I'm not kidding.

Dude, the sheer number of posts with "Bite Me BillS" in the subject make me the new shoo-in for that one. :woohoo:

Bball
06-02-2009, 01:05 PM
...one other thing I was wondering...

How come Bball's not on this list? I overlooked him in nominations, but I'm pretty surprised that nobody else did.

So does the list really represent the best debaters? I think that is debatable!

-Bball

;)

count55
06-02-2009, 01:10 PM

-Bball

;)

See?

Trader Joe
06-02-2009, 04:11 PM
I gotta go with Since here because I often find myself aligning with him on basketball topics, and we have similar issues we choose to debate on.

Naptown_Seth
06-05-2009, 07:58 PM

-Bball

;)
You would. What you think is what's debatable here, or should I say "know".

Two for one, still got it. *

*offensive and argumentative