Post More Often

dg33
JayRedd
mboyle1313
Peck
Skaut_Ech

Unclebuck
06-01-2009, 03:40 PM
This one is very tough to choose as all 5 should post more often. But I am voting for Mr. Starbucks himself.

Since86
06-01-2009, 03:43 PM
My first choice would have been Mr. Boyle, but due to his actual job I know that this would be impossible for him to do. He just can't post his personal opinions with his association with the club, like the rest of us can. So while I would like to see him post more, and get his insight, I understand why that's impossible, so no vote for him by default.

That leads me too....Peck. His odd thoughts were a mainstay piece after most games, or atleast were done a lot more than today. His writing style, his ability to ask questions, and to foster debate is sorely missed around here IMHO. We've had discussions about how the board has changed over the years, and I think a big reason is behind Peck's sort of disappearing act. His odd thoughts threads were always the first thing to be read when I would logon.

OakMoses
06-01-2009, 04:10 PM
For me, Mark and Danny aren't even really valid entries, though I do wish both would post more.

As for regular guy posters, I'm a big JayRedd fan. He does the best job of combining humor and solid basketball analysis of anyone on this board. That makes his posts doubly enjoyable.

Honorable mention goes to Peck.

Erik
06-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Mr. Boyle, because some of his posts equal free tickets:devil:

Los Angeles
06-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Of course we want the members of the Pacers organization and our resident bloggers and respected admins to post more often. But on that list there is a standout for me. Skaut.

pacergod2
06-01-2009, 05:35 PM
For me, Mark and Danny aren't even really valid entries, though I do wish both would post more.

As for regular guy posters, I'm a big JayRedd fan. He does the best job of combining humor and solid basketball analysis of anyone on this board. That makes his posts doubly enjoyable.

I am with Melli on this one 100%.

count55
06-01-2009, 05:36 PM
This one is very tough to choose as all 5 should post more often.

Buck sums it up perfectly.

I agree here. I'd love for them to post more, but I'm also sure that it could (and would) put them in ticklish positions occasionally.

Thrilled that they both come here, though.

Yup...Jay was my nominee, and he gets my vote. I was bored this weekend, and went back to read through some old threads from 2007 and early 2008. It really is disappointing how little JR posts here as compared to then.

Peck should post more, but he's also seemed active to me...however, I'm a relative newcomer.

I've also read some old posts of Skaut, but I haven't interacted with him enough to know him. What I've seen has been good.

It certainly is the board's loss that these guys don't post more.

maragin
06-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Several good answers here, but to me, JayRedd is the rightest answer.

Putnam
06-01-2009, 06:23 PM
My first choice would have been Mr. Boyle, but due to his actual job I know that this would be impossible for him to do. He just can't post his personal opinions with his association with the club, like the rest of us can.

But that's the point. Personal opinions (anyone's) are of limited value.
Mr. Boyle posts facts. He's better informed than the rest of us, and, though he can't tip us off on trades or such, he often sets us straight with facts from inside the organization.

As far as Jarhead is concerned, he's writing more than ever. I respect his choice to put his energy into his blog. We just have to go over to his blog to read his stuff.

Come to think of it . . . why aren't there more threads here started by posts from BTPH?

Skaut_Ech
06-02-2009, 12:11 PM
It's funny. I'm on here every single day reading, but I'm hard pressed to post anymore. Between having my free time sucked from me at work, to the attack dog mentality that has seemed to be more prevalant amongst posters on here, I've been content to read as much as I can. I do appreciate the mention. I keep saying to myself, "One of these days I'm going to get back to the prolific posting of yesteryear..." Then another year passes.

Hicks
06-02-2009, 12:19 PM
It's funny. I'm on here every single day reading, but I'm hard pressed to post anymore. Between having my free time sucked from me at work, to the attack dog mentality that has seemed to be more prevalant amongst posters on here, I've been content to read as much as I can. I do appreciate the mention. I keep saying to myself, "One of these days I'm going to get back to the prolific posting of yesteryear..." Then another year passes.

Leave the attack dog-swatting to me and the other admins. The board would be much better off if you posted and we deal with a problem if/when. Seriously.

indygeezer
06-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Skaut is da man.

Peck is a friend...of course I want him to post more, but I cannot vote for him because he IS a friend.

Mr. Boyle and DG33...while I would love to read more of their comments I respect their individual right to choose when they post.

JR.....great read but I gotta stick with Skaut.

(and you KNOW I've mentioned the attack dog mentality, we've discussed it privately)

Hicks
06-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Just gotta report it when you feel it's happening.

idioteque
06-02-2009, 12:47 PM
My reading of the situation is that it got pretty bad during a losing stretch in the second half of the season and abated during around the last month of the season when our rookies began to improve greatly, even though it was apparent we were not going to be in the playoffs. I haven't noticed it being particularly hostile around here for a little while. Oh of course there are a couple special people around here who are inherently hostile, but they aren't enough of a presence on the board to ruin it for me.

owl
06-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Peck does a great job of putting into words what he is thinking and that makes his post
enjoyable and humorous.

Skaut and JRedd are both very valuable posters and should also post more.

Country Boy
06-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Why no "Post less often" award?

Hicks
06-02-2009, 01:53 PM

:rolleyes:

Unclebuck
06-02-2009, 01:55 PM

Because I won the award so often during the early years TPTB decided to have some mercy and retire the award forever

ChicagoJ
06-02-2009, 05:03 PM

For those of you that voted for me last year, I hope you're happy now. ;) Be careful what you ask for... you just may get it!!

Shade
06-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Of course we want the members of the Pacers organization and our resident bloggers and respected admins to post more often. But on that list there is a standout for me. Skaut.

This right here.

Country Boy
06-02-2009, 06:15 PM
For those of you that voted for me last year, I hope you're happy now. ;) Be careful what you ask for... you just may get it!!

Jay, I think I would be a run away winner or is that go away winner.:confused:

Placebo
06-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Great list!

My honorable mention goes to...

Foretaz :whistle:

LoneGranger33
06-02-2009, 06:54 PM
I don't think there's a poster on here who doesn't want Danny and Mark to post more often. I chose JR because he's disappeared and he's not coming back.

Trader Joe
06-02-2009, 07:53 PM
JR for me. I wish DG and Mr. Boyle posted more, but I don't miss their posts when they aren't around. JR adds something to the board that is missing when he isn't around, so I went with him. DG and Mr. Boyle are just the cherry on top of the sundae and while the cherry is nice, I don't really need it.