PDA

View Full Version : So..............Update Me

Hicks
07-04-2004, 05:56 PM
McGrady, Lue, and Howard are Rockets, Francis, Cato, Mobley are Magic.

We drafted 7' 260+ lbs David Harrison w/ #29, and a 6' PG Rashad Wright with #59, and he has a 6'10" wingspan. :o

It's summer, so it's all talk, but it SOUNDS like we may have been very lucky with both of our picks. Remains to be seen. But I'm optimistic.

Shaq continues to demand a trade, but he may not get to Dallas now because Steve Nash is gonna get paid $65mm to play for the Phoenix Suns next year, which would have been a big piece to trade to LA.

Reggie is officially coming back.

I think there's other stuff I'm forgetting, that the others can fill you in on.

able
07-04-2004, 05:58 PM
the short version:

Pacers drafted a C @ 29 (Harrison) with a lot of upside, but he seems somewhat nuts. a PG @49 with a lot of upside (do they ever say something else)
Magic traded TMac to the Rockets, for Franchise.
Nash signed with the Suns for 5 @ 65 Mil.
the Pacers are not mentioned in any current trade rumours.

we're all bored to death so badly even we can't come up with a decent trade idea :D

btw welcome back

MSA2CF
07-04-2004, 06:10 PM
Donnie Walsh enjoyed an afternoon tea at Tiffany's yesterday.

Snickers
07-04-2004, 07:18 PM
Don't believe what these people are telling you. :shakehead:

We Traded Bender for the 21st pick [and future considerations], which we used on Viktor Sanikidze.

It turned out our interest in McGrady was a smokescreen for our real target, Kobe Bryant. In a S&T, we dealt Artest, Tinsley, Harrington, Foster and our first round draft picks for the next 11 years for Kobe, then picked up some veteran role players on the FA market [Olden Polynice, Rex Walters, and Greg Kite]

Rick Carlisle was fired. George Karl is expected to be named the new coach sometime this week. Reggie signed a 4-year contract extension reportedly worth $43 million, and Scot Pollard is now our first-string center.

The Simons sold the team, and the new owners are forcing Donnie [who finally admitted Larry's just a figurehead] to trade Jermaine to free up money.

UncleBuck was reported missing, and Hicks revealed himself to be a closet Lakers fan.

:cry:

Shade
07-04-2004, 07:43 PM
Don't believe what these people are telling you. :shakehead:

We Traded Bender for the 21st pick [and future considerations], which we used on Viktor Sanikidze.

It turned out our interest in McGrady was a smokescreen for our real target, Kobe Bryant. In a S&T, we dealt Artest, Tinsley, Harrington, Foster and our first round draft picks for the next 11 years for Kobe, then picked up some veteran role players on the FA market [Olden Polynice, Rex Walters, and Greg Kite]

Rick Carlisle was fired. George Karl is expected to be named the new coach sometime this week. Reggie signed a 4-year contract extension reportedly worth $43 million, and Scot Pollard is now our first-string center.

The Simons sold the team, and the new owners are forcing Donnie [who finally admitted Larry's just a figurehead] to trade Jermaine to free up money.

UncleBuck was reported missing, and Hicks revealed himself to be a closet Lakers fan.

:cry:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, though, not too much has happened on the Pacers' front.

In addition to what has already been mentioned, Coach K (Duke) was offered a 5-year, $40 million contract to coach the Lakers. Malone is boarderline on retirement, and Kobe's return to LA apparently hinges on Coach K coming and/or Shaq leaving.

Manu Ginobili may be on his way to Denver, if the Nugz offer more than the Spurs are willing to pay to match.

It's also looking like Okur may be on his way out, though personally, I think that's good news for Detroit. I want him to re-sign with the Pistons. He doesn't impress me.

The whole Luke Jackson thing was just a smokescreen to try to acquire Ben Gordan, who went #3 in the draft to the Bulls. We weren't willing to pick up Robinson's contract from Chicago to ship Al to the Bulls for Gordan, though. :shrug:

Harrison apparently has an Artest-like temper, and is also a little on the chunky side, which caused a lot of anger and disappointment on draft night. Though it seems most have come around a bit now. ;)

In the draft, Dwight Howard went #1, and Okafor fell to the Bobcats at #2.

Antawn Jamison was sent to the Wizards for the #5 pick, which Dallas used to acquire Devin Harris, who will be replacing Nash at the point. Dallas also got Pavel, so they now have BOTH Shawn Bradleys. :laugh:

ABADays
07-04-2004, 07:44 PM
Who the hell are you? What makes you think you can just barge into PD and make such demands?

ChicagoJ
07-05-2004, 12:39 AM
Look! Btown can't :censored: with his post count anymore!!

Hicks
07-05-2004, 12:49 AM
He can't? Since when? Admins can :censored: with anyone's post counts :laugh:

Oh, and chalk up another thing you missed, btown. We moved. ;)

ChicagoJ
07-05-2004, 10:23 PM
Oh, I just saw his count was 1841 instead of 5 so I figured he couldn't doctor it anymore. But we all know what happens when you '***... u ... me...'

:blush: