PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever see vern fleming at the games?

JOneal7
07-04-2004, 02:37 PM
jw cause i ran across his card and i thought it'd be cool if i ran into him and could have him sign it. Of course i'm not to old school and don't know the whole story on it tho.
LMK
BTW i also got a dampier in a throwback, it was so cool finding the older pacer cards. heh

MSA2CF
07-04-2004, 02:40 PM
Got any Barry Bonds or Mark McGwire rookie cards? :chuckle:

ChicagoJ
07-05-2004, 12:17 AM
Vern's got an identical twin, so you could get Vern to sign your card, or you could goof up get Victor to sign the card. :cool:

Is Vern still on staff for the Pacers? I was thinking he was also a casualty of Isiah's firing.

Kegboy
07-06-2004, 12:08 AM
Vern's got an identical twin, so you could get Vern to sign your card, or you could goof up get Victor to sign the card. :cool:

Is Vern still on staff for the Pacers? I was thinking he was also a casualty of Isiah's firing.

MIA/KIA. Monteith said last September that Donnie was gonna meet with Vern and see if he wanted to stick around in some capacity. Mark said he'd have an update in a couple days. Still haven't heard anything...:unimpressed:

---
:duel:

MSA2CF
07-13-2004, 05:01 PM
Well, search no more. Amazingly I just looked at today's paper, and lo and behold, on the back of the Indiana Living section, Vern Fleming is found! He's in a back-page AD for Dental Implants...It goes on to say that he is currently an Indiana Pacers Assistant Coach, if there was a doubt...Upon further inspection, Vern has dental implants...

Here's the headline:
"Former Indiana Pacers Recommends Dental Implants From Craig Cooper, D.D.S."

MSA2CF
07-13-2004, 05:03 PM
Well, search no more. Amazingly I just looked at today's paper, and lo and behold, on the back of the Indiana Living section, Vern Fleming is found! He's in a back-page AD for Dental Implants...It goes on to say that he is currently an Indiana Pacers Assistant Coach, if there was a doubt...Upon further inspection, Vern has dental implants...

Here's the headline:

Then again, the Pacers don't have him listed on the website as an assistant coach...:hmm:

MagicRat
07-13-2004, 05:10 PM

Here's the headline:

Poor Vern lost his teeth and Shaq wasn't even called for a foul.......:grumble:

MSA2CF
07-13-2004, 05:12 PM
It actually gives the whole story of his implants...It turns out that shortly after joining the Pacers is when he first got them. Shaq just made him get a new pair. :cool:

ChicagoJ
07-13-2004, 06:31 PM

Here's the headline:

Poor Vern lost his teeth and Shaq wasn't even called for a foul.......:grumble:

That is the sole reason Jay's_Wife@Section222 hates Shaq. Which is fine. Except that I've heard that story about 332,564,326,733,397 times. (or about 362,589,244,223,277,589,457,322 times less than I've mentioned how great the 1991 playoffs were. :blush: )