PDA

View Full Version : Draft Party Returns To Conseco June 25th.

Will Galen
05-28-2009, 12:20 AM
http://www.pacersdraft.com/

DRAFT
Draft day: Thursday, June 25th, 2009
Draft Party Headquarters: Conseco Fieldhouse
Doors Open: 6:00 P.M.

Be there when all the action happens!
Join us on June 25 for our Draft Party! Admission is free. Last year, Larry Bird arranged two trades that brought seven new faces. Be there to see the next step in the drive toward playoff contention.

Attendance is free
Free hotdog, chips, and Pepsi product to the first 1,000 guests to the event
Free parking in the Virginia Avenue Garage
Enjoy exclusive coverage and in-depth analysis, commentary and live interviews from the Pacers broadcast staff throughout the night
Register to win great Pacers prizes
Live interview with our draft pick from New York

owl
05-28-2009, 08:24 AM
I enjoyed last years. I probably will go again this year. Plus it is great PR for the Pacers.

duke dynamite
05-28-2009, 08:25 AM
Good times.

Peter_sixtyftsixin
05-28-2009, 02:21 PM
I'm thinking about going to this just because I've never attended a draft party of any kind. Are these fun/interesting?

duke dynamite
05-28-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm thinking about going to this just because I've never attended a draft party of any kind. Are these fun/interesting?
No, they suck and you should never, ever go to any. You will have the worst time of your life.

/sarcasm

Trophy
05-28-2009, 03:16 PM
I will be at the draft itself. I'll take some photos to share with everyone.

Naptown_Seth
05-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Last year they really nailed it. I think it was even better than the old MSA ones, mainly thanks to the deluxe treatment of food and beverages.

I'm sure it cost them plenty, but talk about community goodwill, this had perhaps the biggest bang for buck outside of a few of the dramatic wins they staged. You sit there for a few hours completely covered in Pacers optimism. Forget the pick, even if it's a dud you just spent 2 hours or so thinking they were about to pick the next savior of the team.

It's the offseason and you have a decent size crowd inside Conseco thinking about nothing but the NBA and next season. If you can't sell tickets off this event then you can't sell tickets period.

BillS
05-28-2009, 03:45 PM
You sit there for a few hours completely covered in Pacers optimism. Forget the pick, even if it's a dud you just spent 2 hours or so thinking they were about to pick the next savior of the team.

Well, you sometimes have to watch for falling bodies as people fling themselves from the upper levels after a trade...

count55
05-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Well, you sometimes have to watch for falling bodies as people fling themselves from the upper levels after a trade...

Bonus!

duke dynamite
05-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Oooh, free watch!

Shade
05-28-2009, 04:24 PM

I was already on the ground floor.

Roaming Gnome
05-28-2009, 06:23 PM
I was already on the ground floor.

Good times, I tell ya.

smj887
05-28-2009, 07:02 PM
I don't know what the setup is like on the floor, but they should open up the floor for pickup games. And raffle off a chance to play horse/pig with the players. Hell, if the Simons need an extra stream of income so bad, just sell raffle tickets. Beat Granger in horse, win season tickets

Doug
05-28-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm sure it cost them plenty, but talk about community goodwill, this had perhaps the biggest bang for buck outside of a few of the dramatic wins they staged. You sit there for a few hours completely covered in Pacers optimism. Forget the pick, even if it's a dud you just spent 2 hours or so thinking they were about to pick the next savior of the team.

It was very, very cool to be in a building with a whole bunch of people who were excited about the Pacers.

You could really feel the energy about the place.

Heck, I image the buzz that PS&E get from the being around so many psych'd up fans is worth a thousand corporate 'rah rah' speeches.

pianoman
05-28-2009, 10:36 PM
I'll be there for sure!!