PDA

View Full Version : Pacers one of 5 teams Rubio would want to play for...

Dr. Awesome
05-27-2009, 01:57 AM
I'm not sure if this has been posted here yet, if not - enjoy:

The question now is how Memphis will respond. Can Chris Wallace and company convince Rubio that his concerns are unfounded? The Grizzlies have not made it a secret that they consider O.J. Mayo to be their point guard of the future, and it may be in their best interest to “maximize the asset” in the words of our source, by trading the pick. This is not going to be a hostile situation, though, so don’t expect any fireworks in the media. Behind the scenes, efforts will be made to steer him the direction of the teams that appear to be most attractive, mainly Sacramento, Dallas, Indiana, Portland and New York, although not all those teams may have the assets or the interest level needed to get a deal done with Memphis. At this stage, Rubio appears unlikely to pull out of the draft. - Jonahan Givony

http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Jonathan-Givony/#NBA-Draft-Roundup-May-24-3227

I suppose there are other teams he'd be interested in, but I think its crazy we are one of the 5 listed.

pwee31
05-27-2009, 03:09 AM
Nice thought, but don't see it happening. We don't have the assets. At least not one's I'm ready to give up

count55
05-27-2009, 07:57 AM
Yeah, this is being discussed in the Ricky Rubio thread.