PDA

View Full Version : OMG

pacergod2
05-26-2009, 11:23 PM
You think the league doesn't want a CLE-LA series? I just watched that display of officiating at the end of the CLE-ORL game 4. UNREAL!!!

DrBadd01
05-26-2009, 11:24 PM
You mean where Verijao tackles Howard? I know.

idioteque
05-26-2009, 11:27 PM
I thought the foul on Pietrus was much more blatant. I mean, LeBron really just got in his way there and tripped himself up over Pietrus' legs.

The lob foul was actually pretty arguable. I could see that both ways.

Major Cold
05-26-2009, 11:28 PM
:tinfoil:

Coop
05-26-2009, 11:31 PM
They aren't going to call that lob foul after the fiasco with Granger-Lebron from earlier this year. I've seen some really questionable calls going both ways late in this game. I think a lot of people here just have some weird anti-Lebron bias, so they're going to be quick to point out any little mistake.

pacergod2
05-26-2009, 11:33 PM
It's not anti-LeBron. It's pro-LeBron I have an issue with.

SoupIsGood
05-26-2009, 11:40 PM
I think a lot of people here just have some weird anti-Lebron bias

Yep. And the whole 'the league wants such-and-such matchup' thing is getting really old.

DrBadd01
05-26-2009, 11:47 PM
They aren't going to call that lob foul after the fiasco with Granger-Lebron from earlier this year. I've seen some really questionable calls going both ways late in this game. I think a lot of people here just have some weird anti-Lebron bias, so they're going to be quick to point out any little mistake.

I am Anti-Lebron, and Anti-Kobe. I am sick of the Nike ads, the Vitamin Water ads, the Documentaries by Spike Lee, the Infomercials by Nike, and any other thing that publicizes how "wonderful" these two players are. A Kobe/Lebron Finals may be what the NBA, Nike, and the people living in LA, and Cleveland want but I most certainly don't want 7 games of one on one basketball. I want both to lose, and the two "teams" remaining Denver and Orlando to make the finals. That way it will not be a series on One on One competitions but a contest between two teams. Is that biased enough for you?

Spirit
05-26-2009, 11:53 PM
I am Anti-Lebron, and Anti-Kobe. I am sick of the Nike ads, the Vitamin Water ads, the Documentaries by Spike Lee, the Infomercials by Nike, and any other thing that publicizes how "wonderful" these two players are. A Kobe/Lebron Finals may be what the NBA, Nike, and the people living in LA, and Cleveland want but I most certainly don't want 7 games of one on one basketball. I want both to lose, and the two "teams" remaining Denver and Orlando to make the finals. That way it will not be a series on One on One competitions but a contest between two teams. Is that biased enough for you?
Excellent post

Coop
05-26-2009, 11:53 PM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I was merely referencing the numerous comments about how the NBA is treating everyone outside Lebron unfairly. In reality, that's not true. Lebron had 5 fouls tonight along with 8 turnovers. If the referees were really that concerned about the Cavs being in the finals, they could have easily made a lot more calls going in Clevelands favor.

Major Cold
05-26-2009, 11:55 PM
I got one heck of a thread topic if it goes to a magic/nugs finals

kester99
05-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Magic nuts?

Coop
05-27-2009, 01:22 AM
I also find it funny that the people ridiculing and rooting against Lebron for the reasons DrBadd stated are often the same people that love and cherish Peyton as our quarterback. How many different commercials and ads does Manning do per year? It's a lot. You also see him being visibly upset, whining and rolling his eyes when his teammates can't make a play. But yet he's loved because he's "one of us". I have a feeling that if Lebron was on the Pacers, all of you would be eating up his commercials, documentaries, etc. It just seems a bit hypocritical.

Sollozzo
05-27-2009, 01:45 AM
I have a feeling that if Lebron was on the Pacers, all of you would be eating up his commercials, documentaries, etc.

No way.......

Coop
05-27-2009, 02:09 AM
So you agree that it's hypocritical? I'm sensing some hostility from some posters over this topic and I don't really know why they feel it's warranted. I think if you watch the games without a preference either way, it's pretty obvious that there's no conspiracy going on. At the same time, it comes across as a severe case of jealousy and hypocrisy to wish someone poorly simply because of media exposure when we've got Manning making millions off commercials himself.

PaceBalls
05-27-2009, 02:32 AM
I love Lebron's game. But I too really hate the way he is promoted by Nike... like he is Jesus Christ... "I am a witness!" That really turns me off. But it doesn't bother me enough to not appreciate what an amazing player he is.

Noodle
05-27-2009, 07:34 AM
OMG? Peitrius did foul Lebron. Howard actually fouled Varejo(sp?) on that lob people. Sounds like some wanted Orlando to win. Well, they dd win. Why so much hate for Lebron, or the league marketing him? Would you rather they market Iverson again to tell us he's the answer. Maybe Carmello's street creditials can be put on display. There's are reasons Lebron is marketed.

1) Lebron is a super freakish athlete that could dominate any player in the league one-on-one, and he won the MVP.

2) He is a charasmatic individual. Well spoken, funny, always smiling, handles media(media doesn't handle him), etc. Makes him very marketable unlike most of these guys who can't talk straight in front of a camera.

3) Doesn't scar the NBA's image. Like Stevie "franchise", Allen "the answer", or Starbury". Remember when the NBA marketed those guys. That's what made me sick. It turned off a lot of casual fans when they saw the actual performances by these chumps.

Let's find another marketable guy like Shaq. Howard could be the next ticket. Will we be disgusted with the level of attention he gets? It's coming soon.

What makes a player marketable are essential to the success of of his/her career . Makes me wonder why very talented players like Carmello Anthony/Allen Iverson don't get it. Acting hard to appeal to the wannabe hoodlums we have in this country. Sure that helps jersey sales, but they sell themselves short, In the end like Iverson. Iverson never got it, now everyone can see him for the chump he has always been. Mello is starting to get it, I think. If Carmello does transform, he will be sold out too.

The Kobe and Lebron commercials are stupid. They do, however, appeal to every NBA fan in every city. Somewhere at this very second people are debating the Lebron/Kobe arguement. All seems logical. NBA isn''t stupid. Besides, most of these commercials are created by private sector businesses. In other words, the NBA didn't make the commercials man, and if they did it would be the right move.

If you guys sense any anger. It goes back to the hate people have for Peyton Manning because of his marketing success. I live in South Carolina, Naptown native, and people out here think Peyton's is over-hyped or arrogant because of his stats and media attention, commericials, etc. Like Lebron. It makes me angry because it seems narrow minded from my baised perspective. Basically, They both deserve the attention they get. No matter the rings or not.

Major Cold
05-27-2009, 07:54 AM
The reason why I am routing for the Magic and Nuggets is soley for the interest of the Pacers.

Since we will never have the "best" player in the NBA, I find it encouraging when teams with elite, but not the "best", players on elite teams defeat the "best" players on good teams.

The Pacers have had elite players (Miller, JO for a few seasons) on elite teams (superior supporting cast). But we have yet to have a NBA team with the "best" player. Lets face it we will never have the money or allure (no matter how much China owns us) to get a player that is considered the "best".

In fact if you look at past champions, the "best" player is sitting at home come finals time.

The NBA is changing IMO. Where the supporting class to better players is going to make a difference. Parker, Manu, Duncan, worn down Shaq, Wade, Ray Allen, Pierce, KG, Rip, Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, and Billups are all elite, but it took a combination of them to beat the "best" player on a good team.

The playoffs of 2009 should be an encouragement to Pacer fans. It should breed hope. That as Danny becomes an Elite. And we begin to surround him with an elite team. That we can compete for a championship, despite not having the "best" player.

Will Danny be as dominant as Howard, no. But everyone can agree that Dwight was not the sole reason why the Magic will win this series. Lebron may have won a game, but the Magic will win the series.

***ingnore this post if in fact the Cavs become an elite team.

Putnam
05-27-2009, 08:12 AM
In support of MaCo's post: basketball is still a team game.

Unclebuck
05-27-2009, 08:13 AM
You think the league doesn't want a CLE-LA series? I just watched that display of officiating at the end of the CLE-ORL game 4. UNREAL!!!

Yeah, I counted several bad calls that went against the Cavs. The refs must have gone rogue

Slick Pinkham
05-27-2009, 08:37 AM
I think that if Cleveland makes the finals it shows that the fix is in, and if Cleveland doesn't make the finals it shows us that the NBA knew that we knew that the fix was in, so they unfixed the fix.

Dirty double-crossers! :mad:

The way I see it, all the evidence will point to a fix, in support of my theory. Then again, since my idea is not capable of being disproven, it's not really a "theory" at all. Let's just call it a fact.

:borg:

;)

Putnam
05-27-2009, 08:56 AM
I wish sometimes the conversation about officiating looked at how the rules could be made easier to enforce instead of which ref cheated to help what star player or major market team.

Post-Donaghy, we must all admit that rotten officiating has happened and could happen again. But we can never prove that any particular call was rotten, and certainly not that it was ordered from above.

I don't think ther can ever be much progress on that front. I just wish the league would find ways to clear up the grey areas (how many steps allowed, charging fouls under the basket, etc.) that lead to so many disputed calls.

The ideal sport, from the point of view of officiating, was gladiator combat. There were no rules, and the guy who didn't die won. So the outcomes of such combats were seldom disputed.

What can basketball do to get nearer to that ideal? It must either eliminate hard-to-enforce rules or else clarify them by reestablishing the limit of what is allowed.

Major Cold
05-27-2009, 09:08 AM
The only issue I have with the refs this series is on two incidents there were late foul calls when Lebron did not score. But does that mean it is against the Magic? No cause if they did their job correctly they would call the foul as it happened even if it gives Lebron James a three point play.

Both times were fouls, I just hate seeing the ref looking to see if the ball goes in to determine if it is a foul. But that is only two times that I have seen it.

count55
05-27-2009, 09:14 AM
The only issue I have with the refs this series is on two incidents there were late foul calls when Lebron did not score. But does that mean it is against the Magic? No cause if they did their job correctly they would call the foul as it happened even if it gives Lebron James a three point play.

Both times were fouls, I just hate seeing the ref looking to see if the ball goes in to determine if it is a foul. But that is only two times that I have seen it.

Yes, that is a pet peeve, but it's not limited to LeBron. I've seen Pacers get fouled (or commit fouls against relatively non-descript players) and you can literally see the official watching the ball.

(Although, on occasion, I think one official expects the other to call it, then blows the whistle when the other doesn't.)

Major Cold
05-27-2009, 09:17 AM
I agree that it is most likely not an agenda of the officials, but it is screwy nonetheless.

Mourning
05-27-2009, 09:25 AM
I think that if Cleveland makes the finals it shows that the fix is in, and if Cleveland doesn't make the finals it shows us that the NBA knew that we knew that the fix was in, so they unfixed the fix.

Dirty double-crossers! :mad:

The way I see it, all the evidence will point to a fix, in support of my theory. Then again, since my idea is not capable of being disproven, it's not really a "theory" at all. Let's just call it a fact.

:borg:

;)

ROFL!

Shade
05-27-2009, 09:47 AM
I actually thought the refs got all the "big" calls right at the end of regulation and OT. LeBron was tripped. Dwight hooked Varejao. And there were about three potential bail-out calls at the end of OT that the refs did not give to LeBron.

Brad8888
05-27-2009, 09:49 AM
I find the bad officiating to be going both ways, depending on the game situation. It reminds me a lot of the "keep it close" mode available on some video games that is designed to either hinder the team that is ahead or help the team that is behind to ensure a close game at the end. It doesn't always work in the NBA games, however.

Nothing is better for TV ratings than a bunch of close games to create interest in casual fans, thereby leading to more viewership and better advertising revenues for the future.

Shade
05-27-2009, 09:51 AM
It seems to me that the Cavs got most of the calls in Game 2, then the Magic got the benefit of the whistle in Game 3. Games 1 and 4 were pretty even, IMO.

With the Cavs on the brink, though, it will be interesting to see what happens from this point on.

Noodle
05-27-2009, 10:16 AM
I didn't think the officiating was that bad really. The NBA in general needs to cut down on some foul calling without making the game to sloppy. They need to allow more defense somehow, but that often displeases hardcore fans(questionable no calls) and excites the drive-by fan. There's just too many whistles in NBA games today. Let them play.

travmil
05-27-2009, 10:44 AM
So if the refs are favoring the Cavs trying to get them to the finals, why have they played a series in which they are one LeBron prayer of a shot away from being swept?

pacergod2
05-27-2009, 10:47 AM
I know it was the heat of the moment when I originally posted this. I am more chapped by the fact that there are so many bailout calls on out of control plays by the elite players. That shouldn't happen. I have seen LeBron go to the rim completely out of control and get the whistle more times than I can remember. I am not saying that his aggressiveness shouldn't be "rewarded", however I am saying that there needs to be consistency with the calls. I am really surprised that LeBron didn't get a couple of those calls late, especially the one where he goes into three guys and gets blocked by Dwight. There shouldn't have been a whistle.

I am not saying the league is "corrupt", but they certainly want the two most marketable players going at it in the Finals, for the extra advertising revenue that would come along with higher viewership. The league would definitely like to increase their revenues so the money can help every team in the league. Didn't they just take out a large line of credit for teams who need it? I understand the business side of this and the league does too. I however, just want to see the team that EARNS it, making the Finals.

I can remember the Final year that Jordan's Bulls team won the championship. I remember how skewed the officiating was toward MJ. That final stretch of game 6 and the entire second half of game 7 against the Pacers did it for me. The officiating surely was one sided and it broke my heart as a fan. I absolutely am still upset about this issue and until the Pacers win a championship I will be spiteful. That is not in my nature, but to be a Pacers fan and NOT have an issue with it, you must forget the past all too quickly. I respected MJ's game the same way I respect the LeBron's and DWade's of the world. I just really find it difficult to see why they get the volume of calls they do on such marginal plays late in close games. If it weren't the superstar, the play would be allowed to play itself out.

pacergod2
05-27-2009, 10:48 AM
So if the refs are favoring the Cavs trying to get them to the finals, why have they played a series in which they are one LeBron prayer of a shot away from being swept?

Because Orlando has played better basketball and has hit their shots late in games. I can't say the same about the Cavs supporting cast.

Noodle
05-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Refs have to be amazed with some of these players. They see what this guy can do on a regular basis. Those players will get the benefit of the doubt. Some calls are knee-jerk calls in favor of the typically fouled. There isn't corruption involved. Darn Donaghy(sp?) gives this age old complaint validity now days.

Unclebuck
05-27-2009, 10:58 AM
I am not saying the league is "corrupt", but they certainly want the two most marketable players going at it in the Finals, for the extra advertising revenue that would come along with higher viewership. The league would definitely like to increase their revenues so the money can help every team in the league. Didn't they just take out a large line of credit for teams who need it? I understand the business side of this and the league does too. I however, just want to see the team that EARNS it, making the Finals.

I can remember the Final year that Jordan's Bulls team won the championship. I remember how skewed the officiating was toward MJ. That final stretch of game 6 and the entire second half of game 7 against the Pacers did it for me. The officiating surely was one sided and it broke my heart as a fan. I absolutely am still upset about this issue and until the Pacers win a championship I will be spiteful. That is not in my nature, but to be a Pacers fan and NOT have an issue with it, you must forget the past all too quickly. I respected MJ's game the same way I respect the LeBron's and DWade's of the world. I just really find it difficult to see why they get the volume of calls they do on such marginal plays late in close games. If it weren't the superstar, the play would be allowed to play itself out.

Go back and look at the rebounding totals for game 7 of the Pacers vs Bulls in 1998. I think the Bulls out-rebounded the Pacers by 20-25. That was why we lost not the officiating - which to be honest with you I didn't think it was a factor. Through all the years the only two things I remember as far as the refs go was the 4 point play and game 6 in 1999 of the ECF in NY - several bad calls went against the Pacers at a crucual time of the decisive game. But even with all that - the Pacers blew that series, Reggie played horribly - Pacers lost 2 home games - they didn't deserve to win that series even with the 4-point play and the bad game 6.

As to your other point -- yes the NBA does want the Cavs vs Lakers in the finals. So - does that prove anything - no

naptownmenace
05-27-2009, 11:10 AM
OMG? Peitrius did foul Lebron. Howard actually fouled Varejo(sp?) on that lob people. Sounds like some wanted Orlando to win. Well, they dd win. Why so much hate for Lebron, or the league marketing him? Would you rather they market Iverson again to tell us he's the answer. Maybe Carmello's street creditials can be put on display. There's are reasons Lebron is marketed.

1) Lebron is a super freakish athlete that could dominate any player in the league one-on-one, and he won the MVP.

2) He is a charasmatic individual. Well spoken, funny, always smiling, handles media(media doesn't handle him), etc. Makes him very marketable unlike most of these guys who can't talk straight in front of a camera.

3) Doesn't scar the NBA's image. Like Stevie "franchise", Allen "the answer", or Starbury". Remember when the NBA marketed those guys. That's what made me sick. It turned off a lot of casual fans when they saw the actual performances by these chumps.

Let's find another marketable guy like Shaq. Howard could be the next ticket. Will we be disgusted with the level of attention he gets? It's coming soon.

What makes a player marketable are essential to the success of of his/her career . Makes me wonder why very talented players like Carmello Anthony/Allen Iverson don't get it. Acting hard to appeal to the wannabe hoodlums we have in this country. Sure that helps jersey sales, but they sell themselves short, In the end like Iverson. Iverson never got it, now everyone can see him for the chump he has always been. Mello is starting to get it, I think. If Carmello does transform, he will be sold out too.

The Kobe and Lebron commercials are stupid. They do, however, appeal to every NBA fan in every city. Somewhere at this very second people are debating the Lebron/Kobe arguement. All seems logical. NBA isn''t stupid. Besides, most of these commercials are created by private sector businesses. In other words, the NBA didn't make the commercials man, and if they did it would be the right move.

If you guys sense any anger. It goes back to the hate people have for Peyton Manning because of his marketing success. I live in South Carolina, Naptown native, and people out here think Peyton's is over-hyped or arrogant because of his stats and media attention, commericials, etc. Like Lebron. It makes me angry because it seems narrow minded from my baised perspective. Basically, They both deserve the attention they get. No matter the rings or not.

:bump: what he said!

They both get all this attention because they're considered the 2 best players in the NBA. I think that the ads are a little biased but there are millions of people that would love watching the teams of the 2 best players in the league square off. You have last year's MVP vs. this year's MVP. There hasn't been a matchup of players that great in the NBA Finals since, Bird vs. Magic. If it happens, I'll definitely watch every game and the series will be the most watched NBA Finals ever.

Now I'd also love to see Orlando and Denver pull off the big upset over both teams because I like pulling for the underdog. I'd watch ever game of that Finals matchup as well but I don't think it would be as entertaining.

Sollozzo
05-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Go back and look at the rebounding totals for game 7 of the Pacers vs Bulls in 1998. I think the Bulls out-rebounded the Pacers by 20-25. That was why we lost not the officiating - which to be honest with you I didn't think it was a factor. Through all the years the only two things I remember as far as the refs go was the 4 point play and game 6 in 1999 of the ECF in NY - several bad calls went against the Pacers at a crucual time of the decisive game. But even with all that - the Pacers blew that series, Reggie played horribly - Pacers lost 2 home games - they didn't deserve to win that series even with the 4-point play and the bad game 6.

As to your other point -- yes the NBA does want the Cavs vs Lakers in the finals. So - does that prove anything - no

Yeah, Chicago out rebounded us in total by 16. But the most crucial stat is that they had 22 offensive rebounds to our 4. That is absolutely awful. It's amazing that we could have won that game despite giving up all of those second chance possessions. Chicago only shot 4 more free throws than us which is nothing considering they had all of those second chance possessions.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199805310CHI.html

And I agree with you about the 1999 Knicks series. I know everyone likes to harp about the 4 point play in game 3, and yes it was a screwy call, but the fact is we tied the series in game 4 and won the home court advantage back. If we deserved to win that series then we would have come out with more fire in game 5 at MSA, but the complete opposite actually happened. The Knicks totally outplayed us in game 5 along with game 6. The fact is, we didn't deserve to win that series, the Knicks clearly wanted it more. When you regain home court despite getting screwed in game 3 like we did then you better get the job done when you get back to your place for game 5.

Kuq_e_Zi91
05-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Some stats:

LeBron James, who already broke an NBA Playoff Free Throw Attempt Record this post-season, and on the verge of taking Dwayne Wade's Playoff Free Throw Attempt record, is also on pace to break another - this one held by Shaquille O'neal.

James, averaging 13.7 FTA in 11 games these Playoffs, is on pace to break O’Neal’s Playoff record for Total FTA this season, and get this -- in FEWER GAMES!

O’Neal holds the Playoff FTA record with 296 FTA after 23 games during the infamous “Hack-A-Shaq” season in 2000.

After 11 games during the 2000 Playoffs, O’Neal had attempted 131 free throws during that stretch. James’ 151 FTA after only 11 games this season has already outpaced O’Neal by a surprising 20 more attempts.

At the current pace James is heading, and assuming he makes it to the NBA Finals, it will only take him a total of 22 games (1 game less than O'Neal) to break O’Neal’s nine-year old Playoff record.

James is also closing in on the record for FTA in a Playoff Series with 16.0 FTA per game; a record infamously held by Dwyane Wade in 2006 with 16.2 FTA.

James already has NBA Playoff FTA Records for fewest games to reach 100 FTA (8 games) and 150 FTA (11 games)

James, in his young career, is also closely placed 2nd behind O’Neal in Playoff Career FTA at 10.5 per game, with O’Neal holding the top spot at just 11.2 per game; just 0.7 attempts ahead of James.

LeBron is getting to the line MORE than somebody who was regularly intentionally fouled. Well at least I can rest assured knowing he earns every single FT, right?

Then in 2006 we all know the calls that DWade, then dubbed D-Whistle, received and you're telling me LeBron is probably going to surpass that too.

In Game 3 LeBron gets 24 FTA. I don't think I've seen anyone go 11-28 from the floor and end up with 41 points. We could have had another 80 point game if LeBron could shoot. He had more FTA than Dwight Howard, who was intentionally fouled whenever he was under the rim.

And after all of this you know what's really funny? LeBron only commits 1.7 fouls per game.

idioteque
05-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Sorry guys, but I think the refs were relatively decent in this game. Not perfect, by any means, but decent.

There were a couple of pretty awful calls on Alston that I didn't understand. I thought that the tech on Howard was very questionable. Also, LBJ's tangle up with Pietrus at the end of the game was not a foul in my eyes.

Otherwise, the referees did a pretty good job.

JayRedd
05-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Some stats:

LeBron is getting to the line MORE than somebody who was regularly intentionally fouled. Well at least I can rest assured knowing he earns every single FT, right?

Then in 2006 we all know the calls that DWade, then dubbed D-Whistle, received and you're telling me LeBron is probably going to surpass that too.

In Game 3 LeBron gets 24 FTA. I don't think I've seen anyone go 11-28 from the floor and end up with 41 points. We could have had another 80 point game if LeBron could shoot. He had more FTA than Dwight Howard, who was intentionally fouled whenever he was under the rim.

And after all of this you know what's really funny? LeBron only commits 1.7 fouls per game.

Is it really a surprise that a guy with Karl Malone's body and MJ's quickness gets fouled a ton?

He's the most absurd physical specimen this League has ever seen on the perimeter. There's not a player in the League with the physical tools to even stay in front of him let alone stop him from scoring. So people foul him both by accident and in an attempt to gain an advantage on defense. It's not shocking that he is among the most fouled players ever in the Playoffs and if he would stop shooting so many jumpers, he could easily shatter that record five times over during the next five seasons. And much like Shaq in his prime, he actually gets fouled more often than it is called but the refs let some extra contact go at times because (a) it's like calling holding in the NFL on every play and you don't wanna ruin the game by calling it too too often, and (b) the amount of force Shaq and LeBron can absorb without visually being affected by it is so much greater than even a guy like Andrew Bogut or Brandon Roy, that defenders are able to hit them pretty damn hard without getting a whistle. Diesel should have been shooting 24 FTA per game back in 1999-2003 if the refs really followed the absolute words of the rule book in the way most of you "strict rule book Constitutionalists" are always belly aching about. Just because he's a borderline superhuman, it doesn't mean a defender should get the extra advantage of being able to smack him on the arm every time he jumps...even if it doesn't seem like a foul to the naked eye. If the defender just used the same force that would have sent a skinny guy like KG careening across the lane, it should techically still be a foul even if Shaq's giant frame barely moves from that amount of force.

As for the end of the game foul on Pietrus last night, that was a foul. If a guy is driving to the hoop and the defender's legs impede the dribbler from advancing with the ball to the point that he starts to lose his balance...the dribbler got fouled.

pacerDU
05-27-2009, 01:17 PM
I don't believe there is any "conspiracy" as such to get Lebron and Kobe to the finals. I do believe however that star calls exist and that they are most prevalent when Kobe, Lebron and Wade are playing.

I don't care what kind of physical specimen you are, 24 free throw attempts in one game (especially when not being intentionally fouled) is absurd. I remember watching that game 3 and saying to my buddies I don't think I've EVER seen someone take 24 in one game, even Jordan.

Lebron's style of play is far too physical for him to only be picking up 2 fouls per game. With his style and huge minutes played, he should be somewhere around 4.

Regarding last night's game, I actually think the officiating was good. Apart from that call at the end on Pietrus against Lebron, the game I thought was very well officiated. That wasn't a foul by Varejao on Howard. Good no call. The call on Pietrus however was not a foul either. Lebron tends to lean on his defenders when he gets in the lane, Pietrus simply moved too far back and James lost balance. Similar to post-defense, when the player suddenly moves out of the way and causes the offensive player to travel. Bad call. Otherwise, I thought the game was well officated.

Lebron is an extraordinary athlete and basketball player. Unbelievable. Doesn't make him above the rules though.