PDA

View Full Version : What they should improve on this summer

pianoman
05-25-2009, 12:43 PM
With the season behind us, and the summer ahead, most of us are looking for new talent and established players to go after. I like to look once the season has ended to see what our current players can improve on. Some of these are obvious, and there is plenty I'm going to miss.

Danny- His defense, ball handling, and finishing at the rim with his left, are three things he needs to work at to become a superstar in this league. He has already committed himself to his defense this summer. Either of the other two would just be dandy.

Hibbert- Needs to work with a big man coach this off-season to learn how to foul less. Wouldn't it be so nice to bring in the dunking dutchman to work with him?

Rush-? Not sure what he needs to do.

Jack- His decision making skills. He gets too deep in the paint, and does not know what to do, which results in a turnover most of the time.

Ford- Finishing at the rim. Need I say more?

Dun- Just get healthy.

Jeff- rest, and get healthy for the next season. What more can we ask of him? maybe a 3pt shot?:devil:

McBob- Learn from the guy in front of him. Get him to try and mimic Foster's game.

Troy- Nothing I can think of, other than the obvious.

The rest of the guys, I do not believe will be back. What else could these guys work on?

BlueNGold
05-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Danny- I agree that his defense, ball handling and left hand need some work. If he gets just 2 of those to improve, look out. I wouldn't stop shooting though.

Hibbert- I think Roy needs to live in the weight room. Yes, he also needs some coaching and experience to avoid fouls. I think much of that will come naturally with more experience.

Rush-He needs to shoot all summer and hang out in the weight room.

Jack- He needs to rest up, because he will be playing 55-60 minutes a game. It's tough when you are 6'3" and expected to play 5 positions on the floor. Just kidding (kind of). Actually, Jack needs to learn how to be a PG.

Ford-Hopefully he works to improve his resume' so he can get a new job.

Dun- His health of course.

Jeff- Probably his golf game. Just stay healthy and keep in shape.

McBob- Head to the weight room and shoot. Play horse with Rush all summer.

Troy- I think he topped out his potential this last year. I would hope he just watches some film and stays in shape.

speakout4
05-25-2009, 10:01 PM
With the season behind us, and the summer ahead, most of us are looking for new talent and established players to go after. I like to look once the season has ended to see what our current players can improve on. Some of these are obvious, and there is plenty I'm going to miss.

Danny- His defense, ball handling, and finishing at the rim with his left, are three things he needs to work at to become a superstar in this league. He has already committed himself to his defense this summer. Either of the other two would just be dandy.

Hibbert- Needs to work with a big man coach this off-season to learn how to foul less. Wouldn't it be so nice to bring in the dunking dutchman to work with him?

Rush-? Not sure what he needs to do.

Jack- His decision making skills. He gets too deep in the paint, and does not know what to do, which results in a turnover most of the time.

Ford- Finishing at the rim. Need I say more?

Dun- Just get healthy.

Jeff- rest, and get healthy for the next season. What more can we ask of him? maybe a 3pt shot?:devil:

McBob- Learn from the guy in front of him. Get him to try and mimic Foster's game.

Troy- Nothing I can think of, other than the obvious.

The rest of the guys, I do not believe will be back. What else could these guys work on?
Hibbert could learn how to rebound better if that is possible to learn. I don't know why he doesn't rebound better other than he doesn't appear to react well. He seems to block shots ok so rebounding shouldn't be that difficult for him.