PDA

View Full Version : Former Pacer banned after use of cannabis

flying dutchman
05-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Former Pacers player Orien Greene got banned/ soon to be fired after a possitive cannabistest.
Greene, now playing for the EclipseJet Amsterdam, will now miss the rest of the finals which Amsterdam is leading 3-2 in a best-of-7.

http://www.debasketballsitevannederland.nl/csm/content/view/1977/846/

The article is in dutch, but google can 'translate' it.

BTW the article also says that Amsterdam knew the result of the test and still used him in games 3 and 4. The opponents are now complaining about it.

MyFavMartin
05-24-2009, 02:28 PM
For crying out loud, he's in Amsterdam!

What do you expect?

Isn't it required to smoke just to get into the country?

Trader Joe
05-24-2009, 02:35 PM
Yeah, I'm surprised they even test.

Slick Pinkham
05-24-2009, 02:44 PM
yeah, that's like somebody in Indiana testing positive for tenderloin.

;)

rexnom
05-24-2009, 02:47 PM
For crying out loud, he's in Amsterdam!

What do you expect?

Isn't it required to smoke just to get into the country?

Yeah, I'm surprised they even test.

;)

Wow, what an awful stereotype. The poor Dutch.

NSFW

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/srrsjDWCHTU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Putnam
05-24-2009, 04:47 PM

Mmmm! Tenderloin!!

Ragnar
05-24-2009, 07:10 PM
flying dutchman: Is your avatar the McLaren or is that last years Force India car. I cant tell from the small picture.

spazzxb
05-25-2009, 02:54 AM
It not about stereotype. The comments are about testing positive for a legal substance. Its not like there aren't alot of drug abusers here. Pill poppers and alcoholics are the most judgmental of all addicts, ie just because its legal doesn't mean one is a better stereotype. unfortunately, the stereotype of a US sports fan is a bear guzzling idiot.

Wow, what an awful stereotype. The poor Dutch.

NSFW

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/srrsjDWCHTU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

flying dutchman
05-25-2009, 04:05 AM
flying dutchman: Is your avatar the McLaren or is that last years Force India car. I cant tell from the small picture.

It is the last years Force India car, I like the underdogs!

Btw I saw them at Hockeheim last year, what a noise!

Mourning
05-25-2009, 07:02 AM
It not about stereotype. The comments are about testing positive for a legal substance. Its not like there aren't alot of drug abusers here. Pill poppers and alcoholics are the most judgmental of all addicts, ie just because its legal doesn't mean one is a better stereotype. unfortunately, the stereotype of a US sports fan is a bear guzzling idiot.

Sorry, but Cannabis isn't legal here. It's condoned in a sort of way. You just don't get prosecuted by the law if you posses a certain amount of it. The sale of it in shops is legal again atleast if the sale is in certain (small) amounts and if the shop holds the amount of Cannabis in stock to a certain amount.

Also and here is where it gets very complicated... the massproduction of this substance is fully illegal unless if you are producing for your own consumption (1-2 plants or something like that is the bar). So, the shops are getting what they sell in an illegal way, but it's condoned. If you are found to be growing these plants though in numbers above the beforementioned... you will be getting into contact with the law and there's a big chance that IF you live in a rental house/appartment that the housing company or coorporation will start a lawsuit to get you removed from there (which I think is a very good thing btw).

It's complicated and the nr. of shops where you can sell it has gone done very considerably and the rules under which you are allowed to buy them will be sharpened soon again aswell.

Btw I have never ever used these sort of substances. Not my thing.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

sweabs
05-25-2009, 07:15 AM
the stereotype of a US sports fan is a bear guzzling idiot.
The darker bears are the hardest ones to swallow. They don't go down without a good fight.

PaceBalls
05-25-2009, 07:36 AM
The darker bears are the hardest ones to swallow. They don't go down without a good fight.

I've heard the German bears are the worst, especially the ones that have been hibernating for over 3 months. Not very tasty.

Ragnar
05-25-2009, 10:17 AM
It is the last years Force India car, I like the underdogs!

Btw I saw them at Hockeheim last year, what a noise!

Hey I have a Bourdais wallpaper so I know about following underdogs!!

But hey he got a point in Monaco :dance:

Trophy
05-25-2009, 03:13 PM
I sure miss Orien. He was so much of an effect on our team 2 years ago.

Los Angeles
05-25-2009, 04:25 PM
... the stereotype of a US sports fan is a beer guzzling idiot.

A stereotype that has been well earned, by the way. I mostly blame american football. What an awful sport culture.

Slick Pinkham
05-25-2009, 07:43 PM
the stereotype of a US sports fan is a [beer] guzzling idiot.

I'm sorry we have the reputation of not being calm, sober, and peaceful, like British soccer fans (and "football" fans in many other places in Europe, Africa, South America, Asia, etc.).

carpediem024
05-26-2009, 01:46 AM
Wow, I FORGOT about this dude.

Mourning
05-26-2009, 01:48 AM
I'm sorry we have the reputation of not being calm, sober, and peaceful, like British soccer fans (and "football" fans in many other places in Europe, Africa, South America, Asia, etc.).

:spitout: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

kester99
05-26-2009, 02:09 AM
Did anyone read the story about the Greek basketball fans storming the locker rooms and throwing flares on the court...Olympiakos vs Panathiekos (or something...Greek to me)?...I'll take a pack of beer guzzler morons showing their manly bellybuttons on national TV over a pillaging pack of ouzo-crazed fanatics.

But, really, what I wanted to say, is that I doubt the gentleman can say, with any degree of certainty, what the stereotype of an American fan is in the rest of the world's eyes. They probably think we're a bunch of wusses for not burning down the grandstands more often. And what's a stereotype worth, anyway?

If I lived in the Netherlands, I'd have a heck of a decision to make...but my job says no no no to that sort of thing, so I'd hope I'd take the responsible route. But Orien's a younger fellow, perhaps without the responsibilities of family....so he made his decisions as he would.

Beer hooligans. What a concept.

NuffSaid
05-26-2009, 01:07 PM

;)
Or corn. :p

Naptown_Seth
05-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Really???

We go with the Pulp instead of the far more appropriate Goldmember? Tsk tsk.

Tulips, Vikings, Windmills, living below sea level - what's not to hate

Also I hold the Dutch accountable for Ingmar Bergman, just because. Do something useful up there and keep those Swedes, Fins and Norweiners under control. They're confusing me with their films about strawberries and chess and insomnia.

Of course my understanding is that the Netherlands might now have significant claims to arctic circle oil reserves and if that is the case then I am truly, deeply sorry about everything I just said. I'm a little Scottish myself and it makes me unruly at times.

spazzxb
05-27-2009, 05:39 PM
It not about stereotype. The comments are about testing positive for a legal substance. Its not like there aren't alot of drug abusers here. Pill poppers and alcoholics are the most judgmental of all addicts, ie just because its legal doesn't mean one is a better stereotype. unfortunately, the stereotype of a US sports fan is a bear guzzling idiot.just an apology for being so ridiculously slow and not fixing this obvious typo. The drinking of bear should definitely be avoided.