PDA

View Full Version : Wiz Considering Shopping Their Pick

MillerTime
05-20-2009, 10:20 PM
The Wizards were shutout of the top overall pick and even out of the top-four, moving down to the fifth slot.

"There are a lot of great players in this draft. We're in a good spot to get a good player or to possibly use that player in a trade," Ernie Grunfeld said in a telephone interview. "We feel comfortable with the fifth pick, but we are going to explore our options to see what can make us the best possible team next year. But we feel, if we have all of our pieces out there, it would be hard for any young player to come in and break into the lineup -- even if it was the first pick."
Washington Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/19/AR2009051903967.html?sub=AR
By Michael Lee

We could move someone to get that pick and hopefully pickup someone like Evans

MrSparko
05-20-2009, 10:21 PM
This is a year to trade down not up.

Kuq_e_Zi91
05-20-2009, 10:24 PM
We don't have anything to trade that is worth the 5th.

They need a defensive minded player and we don't have many to offer.

vnzla81
05-20-2009, 10:29 PM
They may want Marquis(if they sign and trade him), I don't know what they have that they Pacers would want plus that pick

Pacersfan46
05-20-2009, 10:30 PM
This is a year to trade down not up.

As always, depends on the price.

The Wiz are in cost cutting mode like most teams. They'll want multiple picks. Probably not to add more salary.

-- Steve --

MillerTime
05-20-2009, 10:33 PM
They may want Marquis(if they sign and trade him), I don't know what they have that they Pacers would want plus that pick

If we are to trade Quis that would mean we're going to have to pickup his option which would put us over the LT. Even if we trade him, we'll need to take back equal salary

count55
05-20-2009, 10:36 PM

this

MyFavMartin
05-22-2009, 07:09 AM
The Wiz are in cost cutting mode like most teams. They'll want multiple picks. Probably not to add more salary.

-- Steve --

They have 13 guaranteed contracts with McGuire as a guy they really like and as a cheap 14th.

They don't need more draft picks.

They need defensive toughness and full health.

And maybe a psychiatrist for Arenas. :D

Spirit
05-22-2009, 11:21 AM
I'd give them Rush for the 5th pick.

Trader Joe
05-22-2009, 11:24 AM

I wouldn't in this year's draft. If you make that move you probably take Demar Derozan out of USC. I don't think his skills work as well next to Danny.

MillerTime
05-22-2009, 12:19 PM

NO WAY..Rush is better than anyone that comes out of this years draft at the 5th pick. Beside Griffin no one is going to help us. Rubio is still uncertain. Rush has proved to us that he has potential the way he broke out at the end of last season.

We all need to be patient and give Bird his 3 year plan. I am more than certain by the 2011-2012 season we will be contenders once again. We screwed up by taking some bad contacts, but that is basketball. It will come off the books soon and Pacers basketball will be at the reign that we once had...

Just be patient

Justin Tyme
05-22-2009, 01:24 PM

The Pacers have Tinsley!:D

I know people are going to hate this, but Foster and the 13th for Mike James and the 5th.

Here's why. I'll just parrot back what others say about Foster's pluses. He'll provide a them a great rebounder, someone who plays good "D", great locker room chemistry guy, provides good veteran leadership, can mentor Andre Blatche, plus they can still pick up a decent PG or player with the 13th. James is a seldom used overpaid player where as Foster would be an early rotational inspirational energy guy for them.

The Pacers get the #5 pick and James with an expiring which gives them 6 mil in salary to use in 2010-11. James can play either guard spot... can play SG behind Rush until Dun comes back and if Diener opts out he's your 3rd PG. Plus the Pacers get the #5 pick to use to rebuild.

I have to believe the Wiz will get better offers, BUT the Pacers DO have something they can offer. I'm just not saying it's an offer the Wiz will take.

idioteque
05-22-2009, 01:28 PM
NO WAY..Rush is better than anyone that comes out of this years draft at the 5th pick. Beside Griffin no one is going to help us. Rubio is still uncertain. Rush has proved to us that he has potential the way he broke out at the end of last season.

We all need to be patient and give Bird his 3 year plan. I am more than certain by the 2011-2012 season we will be contenders once again. We screwed up by taking some bad contacts, but that is basketball. It will come off the books soon and Pacers basketball will be at the reign that we once had...

Just be patient

You've been listening!

Robertmto
05-22-2009, 05:20 PM
we're looking to trade for a "defense first" big.

Spirit
05-22-2009, 05:30 PM
NO WAY..Rush is better than anyone that comes out of this years draft at the 5th pick. Haha.. someones drinkin the kool-aid. Rush has very low potential unless he can actually stay confident for more than 2 minutes at a time. Sure he had a decent stretch to end the season, but who's to say that's the Rush we see at the beginning of next season. Don't get me wrong, i'm not a Rush hater, but i'd rather get someone like James Harden that doesn't have confidence issues.

Hicks
05-22-2009, 05:34 PM
we're looking to trade for a "defense first" big.

I smell Foster for #5. :D

pizza guy
05-22-2009, 05:42 PM
I smell Foster for #5. :D

Best deal possible!

MrSparko
05-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Haha.. someones drinkin the kool-aid. Rush has very low potential unless he can actually stay confident for more than 2 minutes at a time. Sure he had a decent stretch to end the season, but who's to say that's the Rush we see at the beginning of next season. Don't get me wrong, i'm not a Rush hater, but i'd rather get someone like James Harden that doesn't have confidence issues.

Harrison and Sarunas never had confidence issues either.

NapTonius Monk
05-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Haha.. someones drinkin the kool-aid. Rush has very low potential unless he can actually stay confident for more than 2 minutes at a time. Sure he had a decent stretch to end the season, but who's to say that's the Rush we see at the beginning of next season. Don't get me wrong, i'm not a Rush hater, but i'd rather get someone like James Harden that doesn't have confidence issues.

I think Brandon comes back even stronger next year. Can't judge a player fairly by just the 1st half of their rookie season.

eldubious
05-22-2009, 10:49 PM
The only way the Pacers consider acquiring the #5 is if Thabeet is there, which he won't so it's not an issue.

croz24
05-23-2009, 01:19 AM
tyreke evans or james harden will bring far more to the table than what rush ever will as a pacer. jmo.

Mr. Sobchak
05-23-2009, 03:38 AM

Like the James Harden that went 3-18 in the first two rounds of the tournament?

Kstat
05-23-2009, 05:59 AM
Hardin was really worn out from carrying that ASU team on his back for 30 games. The comparisons between him and Manu are very apt.

Being in a position to draft Jordan Hill or Hardin is not a bad thing. I do think the wizards will try to unload an undesirable contract along with the pick.

That said, if I'm Dumars, I hold out for the #5 and Nick Young. Not many trading teams looking to add salary these days, so the cost of them getting under the luxury tax will be high.

Mr. Sobchak
05-23-2009, 03:07 PM
tyreke evans or james harden will bring far more to the table than what rush ever will as a pacer. jmo.

Like Jeff Green right?

jhondog28
05-23-2009, 04:09 PM
Here is something to ponder do you think any of these top 5 picks could produce more consistently and have a better future as a Pacer than Hibbert. Everyone has been talking about trading Rush (which is not going to happen especially with Dun gone for who knows how long) but how about possibly aquiring the 5th pick for Hibbert. You could still look at potential PFs in the draft. personally I would do most anything to rid us of Tinsley

croz24
05-23-2009, 04:49 PM
Like Jeff Green right?

what is that supposed to mean? jeff green average 16.5ppg 6.7rpg in just his 2nd nba season (numbers that are superior to granger's 2nd nba season). there's better ammo out there to use against me than jeff green.

Mr. Sobchak
05-23-2009, 07:15 PM
what is that supposed to mean? jeff green average 16.5ppg 6.7rpg in just his 2nd nba season (numbers that are superior to granger's 2nd nba season). there's better ammo out there to use against me than jeff green.

Your right..How about your opinions on Joe Alexander or Russell Westbrook? How did that pan out?

Why can't you just realize you were wrong about Brandon and admit it? What does he have to do to impress you?

The guy averaged 15.5 pts and 5 rebounds a game over the last 15 while playing lockdown defense as a ROOKIE.

croz24
05-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Your right..How about your opinions on Joe Alexander or Russell Westbrook? How did that pan out?

Why can't you just realize you were wrong about Brandon and admit it? What does he have to do to impress you?

The guy averaged 15.5 pts and 5 rebounds a game over the last 15 while playing lockdown defense as a ROOKIE.

wrong about brandon? funny that i was the first member on here to mention him as a possible draft pick for us...everybody knows joe alexander was going to need time. the kid has only been playing ball for about 8 years. russell westbrook is debateable though. while he put up the numbers, he did so in an allen iverson manner. the guy still can't shoot and is a turnover machine. makes some very poor decisions with the basketball. honestly, if not for westbrook, green probably would have averaged 18+ppg. westbrook dominates the ball way too much. he definitely had a much better rookie year than i thought he would though.

Mr. Sobchak
05-23-2009, 07:29 PM
wrong about brandon? funny that i was the first member on here to mention him as a possible draft pick for us...everybody knows joe alexander was going to need time. the kid has only been playing ball for about 8 years. russell westbrook is debateable though. while he put up the numbers, he did so in an allen iverson manner. the guy still can't shoot and is a turnover machine. makes some very poor decisions with the basketball. honestly, if not for westbrook, green probably would have averaged 18+ppg. westbrook dominates the ball way too much. he definitely had a much better rookie year than i thought he would though.

Saying that Hardin or Evans having FAR superior potential without ever playing a NBA game is selling Brandon's contributions this year short..

croz24
05-23-2009, 07:35 PM
Saying that Hardin or Evans having FAR superior potential without ever playing a NBA game is selling Brandon's contributions this year short..

possibly, but i strongly believe that to be the case. i've been on the derozan bandwagon since before the season started and you didn't see me mention derozan. blake goes without saying. but to mention only 3 players in this draft as clearly having superior potential to that of brandon rush is quite impressive imo. i think the pacers need to do everything in their power to draft evans.

Trophy
05-25-2009, 03:20 PM
The Pacers have Tinsley!:D

I know people are going to hate this, but Foster and the 13th for Mike James and the 5th.

Here's why. I'll just parrot back what others say about Foster's pluses. He'll provide a them a great rebounder, someone who plays good "D", great locker room chemistry guy, provides good veteran leadership, can mentor Andre Blatche, plus they can still pick up a decent PG or player with the 13th. James is a seldom used overpaid player where as Foster would be an early rotational inspirational energy guy for them.

The Pacers get the #5 pick and James with an expiring which gives them 6 mil in salary to use in 2010-11. James can play either guard spot... can play SG behind Rush until Dun comes back and if Diener opts out he's your 3rd PG. Plus the Pacers get the #5 pick to use to rebuild.

I have to believe the Wiz will get better offers, BUT the Pacers DO have something they can offer. I'm just not saying it's an offer the Wiz will take.

That's a good deal. Maybe not Mike James but maybe Javaris Crittenton in a 3 way deal to even up the salary.

Anthem
05-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Here is something to ponder do you think any of these top 5 picks could produce more consistently and have a better future as a Pacer than Hibbert. Everyone has been talking about trading Rush (which is not going to happen especially with Dun gone for who knows how long) but how about possibly aquiring the 5th pick for Hibbert. You could still look at potential PFs in the draft. personally I would do most anything to rid us of Tinsley
How does trading Hibby for #5 get rid of Tinsley?

Regardless, the Wiz wouldn't do the trade (even without the baggage that is Jamaal).