PDA

View Full Version : Trade Up with Washington

OakMoses
05-20-2009, 05:19 PM
The Wizards are rumored to want to trade the #5 pick for a veteran.

We don't have much to offer, but I wonder if they'd have any interest in TJ Ford?

It could look like this:

Pacers give Ford + #13

Pacers get
1 of Etan Thomas or Mike James (large expiring)
1 of Nick Young, Oleksiy Pecherov, Dominic McGuire, Javaris Crittenton, Andre Blatche
The #5 pick.

I don't know if they'd even consider it, but I certainly would. Ford, Arenas, Butler, Jamison, Haywood is an intimidating offensive lineup.

pianoman
05-20-2009, 08:19 PM
I like this idea, but I'd like to see what tj can do for another year before giving him the boot.

MyFavMartin
05-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Who's at 5 that we want?

MillerTime
05-21-2009, 08:16 AM
Who's at 5 that we want?

Evans, Jennings, Hill

Jonathan
05-21-2009, 09:32 AM
It will be very interesting to see what the Wizards do. Keep in mind they have a lot of money invested in Gil, Jamison, Butler, I see them not willing to take on T J's salary but I will give you credit Mell because you are the first person on this forum to propose trading up in the draft.

OakMoses
05-21-2009, 09:47 AM
Who's at 5 that we want?

At #5 you're going to have a lot more control. Griffin, Rubio, Thabeet, and one other guy will be gone. At #5 you'd get to pick between Evans, Hill, Harden, Derozan, Jennings, Holiday.

MillerTime
05-21-2009, 11:28 AM
The only knock on Evans is that he is said to have off court red flags

Trophy
05-21-2009, 05:13 PM
This isn't too bad. Oh man Bird would have many players to choose from.

d_c
05-21-2009, 05:37 PM
TJ Ford just isn't what the Wiz need. He's another small, perimeter player who is going to look for his shot first. They have enough of that with just Gilbert alone.

I'm sure they'll look for a frontcourt player in exchange for the pick. They probably want a similar trade to the Raptors trading the #5 pick to the Pacers for Antonio Davis back in 1999.

OakMoses
05-22-2009, 11:17 AM
TJ Ford just isn't what the Wiz need. He's another small, perimeter player who is going to look for his shot first. They have enough of that with just Gilbert alone.

I'm sure they'll look for a frontcourt player in exchange for the pick. They probably want a similar trade to the Raptors trading the #5 pick to the Pacers for Antonio Davis back in 1999.

Agreed. We just don't have anyone else to give them, but it's taking me time to come to grips with that.

Actually, the rumor of the Wizards trading #5 and JaVale McGee to the Thunder for #3 seems like a pretty good deal for both teams.

Granger-Rush09
06-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Who's at 5 that we want?

STEPH CURRY

jeffg-body
06-04-2009, 11:42 PM
I would be all for it, but would the Wiz? They would have a pretty nice offensive line-up for sure but defensively could have the potential to be a nightmare.