PDA

View Full Version : In the last 5 years: What have trades looked like where....

Hicks
05-19-2009, 09:56 PM
Where a team trades down in the 1st round? What have they gotten along with the lower pick in exchange for their higher pick?

count55
05-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Where a team trades down in the 1st round? What have they gotten along with the lower pick in exchange for their higher pick?

Well, you know the Pacers/Blazers trade from last year:

2005: Blazers Traded 2005 first round pick (#3-Deron Williams) to Jazz for two 2005 first round picks (#6-Martell Webster) (#27-Linas Kleiza), 2006 first round pick (lottery protected through 2010) (2006 #30-Joel Freeland) on 2005-06-28

2004: Clippers Traded 2004 first round pick (#2-Emeka Okafor) to Bobcats for 2004 first round pick (#4-Shaun Livingston), 2004 second round pick (#33-Lionel Chalmers), promise to draft Predrag Drobnjak in the expansion draft on 2004-06-21 (Dumbass Clippers)

That's all I can find at the moment.

Trading down probably isn't going to be all that attractive...

OakMoses
05-20-2009, 10:00 AM
I'll float a trade down deal out there and see what people think. In the DraftExpress podcast, Givony said that he's heard 2 things - 1. The Bulls are willing/looking to move Tyrus Thomas. 2. The Bulls are looking to move up.

I could see a scenario like this: The Bulls lose Ben Gordon. We offer them Jarrett Jack (sign & trade) and #13 for Tyrus Thomas and #16 if we can swing it, or #26.

I don't know if I like it, but I could see it being a possibility.

MillerTime
05-20-2009, 10:15 AM
I'll float a trade down deal out there and see what people think. In the DraftExpress podcast, Givony said that he's heard 2 things - 1. The Bulls are willing/looking to move Tyrus Thomas. 2. The Bulls are looking to move up.

I could see a scenario like this: The Bulls lose Ben Gordon. We offer them Jarrett Jack (sign & trade) and #13 for Tyrus Thomas and #16 if we can swing it, or #26.

I don't know if I like it, but I could see it being a possibility.

I think the Bulls are going to want more than just Jack and #13 for Tyrus and #16. Heck, if we can pull that off it would be amazing.

OakMoses
05-20-2009, 10:59 AM
I think the Bulls are going to want more than just Jack and #13 for Tyrus and #16. Heck, if we can pull that off it would be amazing.

I agree. That's why the trade would likely be for #26 instead of #16. I doubt the Bulls would really even want Jack, but it seemed like a reasonable possibility for both teams.

PacerGuy
05-20-2009, 12:03 PM
I would explore a T.Thomas trade for sure, but barring that...

What about trading down w/ Minny T-Wolves?Tthey have 3 1st rd picks (6/18/28), & it's highly unlikely they want all 3. They will likely go SG/SF (Harden/DeRozan?), but word is they want a true C. While some mocks have BJ.Mullens falling to 18, I don't see it. If we can not get what we want/ need @ 13, I could see trading 13 for 18 & 28. There we could land 2 players at better value that could help fill out this roster.

Anthem
05-20-2009, 12:38 PM
If we can not get what we want/ need @ 13, I could see trading 13 for 18 & 28. There we could land 2 players at better value that could help fill out this roster.
I think that sounds pretty good, actually.

pwee31
05-20-2009, 12:41 PM
I've been saying trade down all offseason (in the Official Recruiting Center Thread), and mentioned teams like the TWolves, Bulls, Kings.

I guess half the digest has me on ignore?! *sniff Sniff*

OakMoses
05-20-2009, 12:43 PM
It all depends on what you want. If there's one guy that Bird really wants, you've got to stay at #13 and grab him. If he's got 3-4 guys with similar grades, then I'm all for trading down.

Givony, the DraftExpress guy, also said in the aforementioned podcast that there was a dropoff in talent after the first 15 guys. If that's true, moving down to 18 doesn't make sense.

OakMoses
05-20-2009, 12:44 PM
It all depends on what you want. If there's one guy that Bird really wants, you've got to stay at #13 and grab him. If he's got 3-4 guys with similar grades, then I'm all for trading down.

Givony, the DraftExpress guy, also said in the aforementioned podcast that there was a dropoff in talent after the first 15 guys. If that's true, moving down to 18 doesn't make sense.

DrFife
05-20-2009, 12:44 PM
I would explore a T.Thomas trade for sure, but barring that...

What about trading down w/ Minny T-Wolves?Tthey have 3 1st rd picks (6/18/28), & it's highly unlikely they want all 3. They will likely go SG/SF (Harden/DeRozan?), but word is they want a true C. While some mocks have BJ.Mullens falling to 18, I don't see it. If we can not get what we want/ need @ 13, I could see trading 13 for 18 & 28. There we could land 2 players at better value that could help fill out this roster.

Wow, PacerGuy,I feel like you've been reading my thoughts! At the moment, I'm suspicious that Holiday -- and maybe even Blair -- will be gone by #13, so a trade with Minnesota is my first choice. (Throwing in Tinsley for Cardinal would be icing on the cake.) While I'm not sold on Mullens, an athletic true center to go along with a new PG would give the TWolves an outstanding draft, so if he works out well, we may be in a desirable spot.