Bball
ChicagoJ
grace
Kegboy
Naptown_Seth
Shade

Will Galen
05-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Good list except for Naptown. And I don't think BBall goes on it this year.

My vote goes to Chicago.

Will Galen
05-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Grace voted for her brother! :laugh:

grace
05-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Darksider? Me? Someone obviously has me confused with someone else.

naptownmenace
05-18-2009, 03:22 PM
Man this one is tough...

My head says ChicagoJ but my heart says vote for Grace. I guess I'll go with J because he made a ton of negative predictions for the Pacers season that weren't very popular at the time but wound up being very accurate.

He's like the antithesis of Shade. ;)

Los Angeles
05-18-2009, 03:25 PM
My head says ChicagoJ but my heart says vote for Grace. I guess I'll go with J because he made a ton of negative predictions for the Pacers season that weren't very popular at the time but wound up being very accurate.

His predictions were not accurate at all - they were far gloomier than reality. THAT's why he deserves the award.

rexnom
05-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Shade...solely for the Bayless stuff.

Unclebuck
05-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Can't vote for Kegboy - he never posts anymore. Got to vote for J, although Bball is a close second. Those two are tops IMo because I always enjoy reading them, but I have to kinda take a deep breath before I read their posts

ChicagoJ
05-18-2009, 03:42 PM
I gotta say this... Bball has been pretty f:censored:ing Sun-Shiny all year after the JO trade and especially since Tinsley's belongings were packed up and sent away.

His posts are almost dripping in optimism. I don't recognize him anymore. He used be my Jenny from the Block, but now I'm fooled by the rocks he's got.

vnzla81
05-18-2009, 06:23 PM
I was hoping for my name to be here :(, but is o.k and I voted for chicagoJ because I agree with his comments most of the time, in places like this you need somebody to balance the opinions and I think he does that.

Roaming Gnome
05-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Shade...solely for the Bayless stuff.

Me too...

Trader Joe
05-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Shade has been whining about the Bayless trade from the EXACT SECOND it happened. Win.

grace
05-18-2009, 07:19 PM
Can't vote for Kegboy - he never posts anymore.

That's because he's in such a dark place he can't find his computer.

Alabama-Redneck
05-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Darksider? Me? Someone obviously has me confused with someone else.

Maybe I am confused but I voted for you as the "Darksider of the Decade".

You are my idol, my guiding light through the blindness of the Darkside.

Now, what am I going to do and who am I going to follow. All is lost

:-o :eek: :confused:

:cool:

Shade
05-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Every year I get nominated. But I never win. Because the voters are afraid. Because they know that I speak...the truth.

Hail Bayless! Repent, sinners, and let Jerryd set you free!

Bayless > Rush
Knicks > Pacers
Pepsi > Coke

You have been warned.

Major Cold
05-18-2009, 10:11 PM
I was hoping for my name to be here :(, but is o.k and I voted for chicagoJ because I agree with his comments most of the time, in places like this you need somebody to balance the opinions and I think he does that.

I thought of you, but I recently took you off my ignore list. Not to say that ChicagoJ is on it. In fact I have been agreeing with him more lately.

BlueNGold
05-18-2009, 10:42 PM
I gotta say this... Bball has been pretty f:censored:ing Sun-Shiny all year after the JO trade and especially since Tinsley's belongings were packed up and sent away.

His posts are almost dripping in optimism. I don't recognize him anymore. He used be my Jenny from the Block, but now I'm fooled by the rocks he's got.

I voted for Bball here, but maybe that was from his rep. You are right, he has been giddy in quite a few posts. Dripping with optimism is a good description. I suppose the JO trade did part the clouds for me too...and turned the page on a very, very dark chapter of Pacer history.

...so what does it mean when one agrees with 90% of Bball's posts?

grace
05-18-2009, 11:29 PM
Pepsi > Coke

It's offical. There is NOTHING we agree on.

Jose Slaughter
05-19-2009, 12:21 AM
I agree with J's thougts on Bball but I think J's hatred of Bird taints his view of the Pacers. I don't view him as a true darksider.

Grace is not a Pacer fan, Kegboy has joined Arkman as a board fav that has faded away.

Seth ... I don't see it.

That only leaves Shade.

sweabs
05-19-2009, 07:58 AM
Shade: relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body.

The word 'dark' is used in the definition. Therefore, he gets my vote.

Hicks
05-19-2009, 08:19 AM
I agree with J's thougts on Bball but I think J's hatred of Bird taints his view of the Pacers. I don't view him as a true darksider.

Wait. You don't view a guy as a darksider because he HAS hate?

Have you seen Star Wars?!

LoneGranger33
05-19-2009, 02:04 PM
I really thought the JOB-Haters Task Force would have at least gotten a nod.

Kegboy
05-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Can't vote for Kegboy - he never posts anymore.

You're one to talk, when was the last time you posted in the Lost thread?

I'll post about the Pacers once they do something worth posting about.

Shade
05-19-2009, 02:37 PM
I really thought the JOB-Haters Task Force would have at least gotten a nod.

What are you talking about? I was the original JOB hater around here!

Accept no substitutions.

grace
05-19-2009, 02:39 PM

Ah, no you weren't.

Shade
05-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Ah, no you weren't.

Unless you're talking about before he was announced as the Pacers' coach, then yes I was.

grace
05-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Unless you're talking about before he was announced as the Pacers' coach, then yes I was.

If your initial reaction was "God, what a horrible choice" then you, Kegboy, and I all tied as being first.

Shade
05-19-2009, 03:01 PM
In that case, a tie it is.

indygeezer
05-19-2009, 03:15 PM
I guess I v oted too late...but anyone who has been on suicide watch since the last draft.......................

Shade
05-19-2009, 04:28 PM
I guess I v oted too late...but anyone who has been on suicide watch since the last draft.......................

The poll is still open. :huh:

ChicagoJ
05-20-2009, 10:31 PM
The poll is still open. :huh:

And you can't get any more votes if this is hidden on page 2.

Supporting Shade-Shade = Supporting the Pacers.

Los Angeles
05-20-2009, 10:40 PM
Supporting Shade-Shade = Supporing the Pacers.

Can you believe it's been 4 1/2 years since that masterpiece?

JayRedd
05-20-2009, 10:51 PM
My vote just put Chi-J ahead of Chip by 1.

rexnom
05-20-2009, 11:29 PM
My vote just put Chi-J ahead of Chip by 1.
Good for you! Thanks for gracing this vote with your presence, oh great decider.

ChicagoJ
05-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Sadly, I guess I hung onto this one...

Shade, IMO you put up a "Darksider of the Year" performance this year that was outstanding. Somewhere, I have a bumper sticker from the 1979 Pacers with another of Slick's famous sayings, "Baby, we're due!" That should be your 2009-2010 campaign slogan.

:buddies:

I'm a contrarian much more than I'm either a pessimist or an optimist. As long at >85% of PD continue to predict too many wins, or >70% of PD talks about the playoffs when we have a bad team, then I know I'll look like a pessimist instead of a contrarian. And that's okay, so thank you for the votes and support.

Strangely, next year when Rush, Hibbert and Jack are leading us to the playoffs just remember that the optimist (okay, contrarian) in me wanted those guys playing a big role this year. ;)

Man this one is tough...

He's like the antithesis of Shade. ;)

His predictions were not accurate at all - they were far gloomier than reality. THAT's why he deserves the award.

I've been in consulting for too long. I believe in the benefits of the "feedback loop". And these two comments caught me offguard. But once I read them, I understood why I was getting so many votes.

I recall three predictions - two that were right and one that was too pessimistic. I'm not sure that is "a ton of negative predictions" but perhaps I'm forgetting some. This has been my platform:

1) That TJ Ford would not be the solution to the PG problem. On the other hand, I said that Jack might be. The was certainly an unpopular opinion last summer but I thought it was more pragmatic than pessimistic. I wanted an open competition between Ford and Jack in training camp. This turned out to be reasonably accurate, especially over the last six weeks or so of the season.

2) I predicted that the team would miss the playoffs, but that their best chance of making the playoffs rested on the development of Rush, Hibbert and Jack. Again unpopular, and somewhere between pragmatic and pessimistic (although a bit sun-shiny about our future.) Yes, I know I drove BillS and a few others crazy because I wanted to bench our worthless vets and give our young players a chance to grow rapidly. Looking back I think I did reasonably well on this prediction, as the key guys in the last season push were Jack, Rush, Granger (of course) and Hibbert.

3) I predicted the team would win 29 games. Clearly pessimistic and unpopular. But even the most pessimistic prediction was only seven games away from the actual (whereas there were a substantial number of predictions that were too high by 8 or more games). So okay, I can live with this. :-p

Were there other negative predictions? I only recall those three and I suspect that anything esle would be a variant of those three.

Lastly,

But even in my hatred of that damn Celtic, I've had to back off and admit that I like the moves he made last summer - especially the two outstanding young men that are also high quality basketball players that he drafted. Resigning Jack, drafting a PF, and he will have - in a very short period of time - put together a nice little team that can grow up together over the next couple of seasons.

Going into the offseason, I have no idea which unpopular/ contrarian position I need to take up next. I'm afraid I may have to start a "Keep Jim O'Brien" bandwagon, and that will be awfully difficult since you all know how much I despise the three-ball donut offense he is known for. Hopefully I find one that is easier to defend than the whole Jamaal Tinsley thing. :blush: Wait... was that out loud??

Shade
05-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Congrats, J. I knew I wouldn't win; I never do. I have a nasty habit of finishing second at everything.

grace
05-22-2009, 11:21 PM
Congrats, J. I knew I wouldn't win; I never do. I have a nasty habit of finishing second at everything.

Maybe you'd like to take on Keboy in "Best 2nd place choice" or something like that. Of course nothing will ever match 2nd Best Kegboy.

ABADays
05-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Congrats from the Most Pedestrian Poster of the Year.

Hoop
05-26-2009, 05:37 PM

Accept no substitutions.I would have voted for ya, but I forgot to vote, I believe I'm really the original JOB hater though. :-p

Kegboy
05-26-2009, 09:12 PM

You just need to lobby Hicks to have a Ron Artest Memorial Bi-polar Poster of the Year award next year, and you'll be a shoe-in. At least, one of your personalities will be.

Naptown_Seth
05-26-2009, 09:22 PM
Fudge, I've been so busy the last week I'm missing all this action.

First, how the F did I get nommed onto Darksider!?! I'm a lot of things, but darksider ain't one of them. Proof - "I don't care if Hibbert flops, I'm glad they drafted him" thread I started. More proof - one of the few people thrilled on draft night by the trade and trying to talk Shade off the ledge.

Now as cynical as Jay can be, I would have voted for Shade this year. He kept up a good, consistant "we are F'd" tone all year long and that kind of effort deserves credit. ;)

grace
05-27-2009, 02:32 AM
First, how the F did I get nommed onto Darksider!?!

Hypothetically speaking maybe you were sent by the dark side to act like a sunshiner to gain people's confidence only to lead them to the dark side.

In no way am I saying the dark side uses such recruitment techniques. Only stating a hypothetical idea.

Really, nothing to see here. Just move along. :mib:

Bball
05-27-2009, 04:57 AM
I voted for Jay because I believe Bird could draft the second coming of Michael Jordan and Akeem Olajuwon(sp?) in this draft even though nobody else saw that in those players, the Pacers win the championship with sweeps in every round, JOB get coach of the year (and an MVP for Granger) and Jay would still be complaining about Ford, defending Tinsley against what he considers the 'myth' of his transgressions, and proclaiming his hate for Bird.

Now maybe he wouldn't really do that, and of course it's not likely we'll get the opportunity to test my theory... But since that is the feeling I get, how could I vote for anyone else?

ChicagoJ
05-27-2009, 10:18 AM
I voted for Jay because I believe Bird could draft the second coming of Michael Jordan and Akeem Olajuwon(sp?) in this draft even though nobody else saw that in those players, the Pacers win the championship with sweeps in every round, JOB get coach of the year (and an MVP for Granger) and Jay would still be complaining about Ford, defending Tinsley against what he considers the 'myth' of his transgressions, and proclaiming his hate for Bird.

Now maybe he wouldn't really do that, and of course it's not likely we'll get the opportunity to test my theory... But since that is the feeling I get, how could I vote for anyone else?

Yes, I could easily win "grouchiest poster of the year." Now, where's that Oscar icon?

Since86
05-27-2009, 01:28 PM
I would have voted for ya, but I forgot to vote, I believe I'm really the original JOB hater though. :-p

Come on now. I made it crystal clear that I was going to hate any coach they brought in, the second I heard RC was let go, or he stepped down, whatever it was.

TPTB just made it all that much easier when JOb was hired from a FREAKING PHONE INTERVIEW!:censored:

I think it's by design, just to drive you crazier than you already are. We want to see an ever darker you, to see just how far you will really go.

Shade
05-28-2009, 05:38 PM
We want to see an ever darker you, to see just how far you will really go.

Be careful what you wish for.