PDA

View Full Version : AK47

MyFavMartin
05-13-2009, 08:56 PM
AK47 for Troy and Jeff?

MillerTime
05-13-2009, 09:17 PM
WOuldnt do it. We dont have that many PF and C, we're giving up 2 in this trade to get back a SF (I dont consider AK47 a PF). Also, his contract is ridiculous, it makes Murphy and Dunleavy's contract look amazing

MyFavMartin
05-14-2009, 08:25 AM
AK47 and their 1st rounder for Troy and Jeff?

MillerTime
05-14-2009, 08:46 AM
AK47 and their 1st rounder for Troy and Jeff?

This sounds better, but I'd still be kind of reluctant to do this. We're losing bigs and taking a HUGE contract. This bares no incentive for us. Its not like we get cap relief or anything. Even if we did manage to get a 1st rounder from Utah, they're picking at around #20 and this years draft is to weak.

I would still pass

OakMoses
05-14-2009, 10:22 AM
Kirilenko had his best years for the Jazz as a PF before they brought in Boozer and Okur. I'd actually rather see him play as a 4 than a 3. His PER was actually 2 points higher as a PF than as an SF.

But there's no way the Jazz are going to have both Okur and Murphy on their roster. That's way too much skill duplication.

Haggard
05-14-2009, 10:23 AM
It is intriguing but I dont tihnk I'll pull the trigger. It leaves us a little short..

MillerTime
05-15-2009, 03:12 AM
Kirilenko had his best years for the Jazz as a PF before they brought in Boozer and Okur. I'd actually rather see him play as a 4 than a 3. His PER was actually 2 points higher as a PF than as an SF.

But there's no way the Jazz are going to have both Okur and Murphy on their roster. That's way too much skill duplication.
But we're talking about adding a low post threat, which he isnt. I dont see any point in acquiring him

OakMoses
05-15-2009, 11:37 AM
But we're talking about adding a low post threat, which he isnt. I dont see any point in acquiring him

He's a fantastic defensive player. He's a better low post scorer than Murphy.

It's a moot point because he's not coming to Indy.

MillerTime
05-15-2009, 10:31 PM
He's a fantastic defensive player. He's a better low post scorer than Murphy.

It's a moot point because he's not coming to Indy.

That does say much, Jack is a better low post scorer than Murphy.