PDA

View Full Version : Some Tinsley Movers

Pacers
05-09-2009, 12:43 PM
We could ship Tinsley to a few spots, theoretically. Tell me what you think of these. Any could be altered with draft picks, etc:

To Philadelphia for Reggie Evans and Jason Smith

To Minnesota for Brian Cardinal

To Utah for Matt Harpring

To Memphis for Mike Conely or Darko

To New York for Jared Jeffries

To Milwaukee for Dan Gadzuric or Luke Ridnour

Thoughts?

idioteque
05-09-2009, 01:04 PM
We could ship Tinsley to a few spots, theoretically. Tell me what you think of these. Any could be altered with draft picks, etc:

Thoughts?

I like the Jeffries idea if we don't draft a swingman. Since we are going to lose Quis he is a somewhat decent swingman to have on the roster.

pacergod2
05-09-2009, 03:42 PM
I agree DC.

While I have touted that Tinsley for Cardinal option before, I really think Jeffries could come in the game in key situations for defensive purposes. He is an excellent defender that is long and can play several positions. NY was using him as a C this year which is assinine, but he could be a solid rotational SF/PF. He would be an excellent end of rotation player that specializes in defense on a poor defensive team. Another reason this would be a decent trade, you are actually getting SOMETHING for the Simons money. I think we owe that to the Simons at this point, to at least get something out of the money they have and are still spending on Tinsley. Forget about talent at this point. Do something beneficial to our salary cap with the guy, if possible.

OakMoses
05-09-2009, 05:21 PM
We're not getting Conley and we don't want Ridnour. Other than that, anything's possible.

jeffg-body
05-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Right now I'd ship him even for a half bag of cheetos?

rexnom
05-09-2009, 09:10 PM
If a deal fills the following blank and doesn't extend past 2011 then it's a go for me:
Tinsley for ___________

MillerTime
05-09-2009, 10:08 PM

Thoughts?

Memphis would never do this. Conley is finally starting to play well

Walsh is looking for contract ending before 2010, though Jeffries' doesnt, neither doesnt Tinsley's. Look for Walsh to move Jeffrefies' contract for someone who expires before summer of 2010

MyFavMartin
05-10-2009, 06:52 PM
When is arbitration?

BKK
05-11-2009, 02:09 AM
then three way trade with Minny and NY where NY gets Cardinal? I think Minny needs more Tinsley than Jeffries and as has been said Jeffries could bring us something we need

Jose Slaughter
05-11-2009, 09:26 AM
How about this one.

Washington wins the lottery, drafts Griffin

to thin their front court they trade us Etan Thomas for Tinsley.

Pacers
05-11-2009, 03:10 PM
When is the lottery, anyway?

MyFavMartin
05-11-2009, 10:12 PM
How about this one.

Washington wins the lottery, drafts Griffin

to thin their front court they trade us Etan Thomas for Tinsley.

Etan has knee issues.

pacergod2
05-12-2009, 09:16 AM
That's better than attitude problems for the price.

Jonathan
05-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Etan has knee issues.

So does Dunleavy. All that matters is we move Tinsley.

OakMoses
05-12-2009, 10:51 AM
then three way trade with Minny and NY where NY gets Cardinal? I think Minny needs more Tinsley than Jeffries and as has been said Jeffries could bring us something we need

I like this idea. Though I think we'd need to get New York to throw in a bit of sweetener for Minnesota, otherwise they're making out like bandits.

Pacers
05-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Eh? Minny would be turning Cardinal into Tinsley. They're the ones making out like bandits.

OakMoses
05-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Eh? Minny would be turning Cardinal into Tinsley. They're the ones making out like bandits.

Minnesota is giving up the one thing in the trade that everybody wants - an expiring contract. Whichever team gets that contract is getting something they want for something nobody really wants - Jamaal Tinsley or Jared Jeffries.

Minnesota gets the most talented player in the trade.

The only reason the Pacers do this because we can't pull off a Tinsley for Cardinal trade on our own. That's why the Knicks are involved at all.

Pacers
05-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Right on. I forgot about Cardinal being an expiring after next season. But why couldn't we pull off a Tinsley for Cardinal trade on our own?

OakMoses
05-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Right on. I forgot about Cardinal being an expiring after next season. But why couldn't we pull off a Tinsley for Cardinal trade on our own?

We might be able to. What I'm saying is that NY only gets involved if we can't do it on our own.

Young
05-12-2009, 03:17 PM
I can't see Scott Skiles or Jerry Sloan having any interest in Jamaal. Philly has Andre Miller.

What about sending Jamaal to the Hawks for Speedy Claxton? The Hawks might not be able to afford Mike Bibby and Jamaal would be a better option then anyone else they could get to start in Bibby's place unless they believe Acie Law can do it. Marvin Williams is due for a new contract this summer, Joe Johnson the following year, and Al Horford in 2 years. I think that with Bibby getting up there in age he would be the one they don't re-sign.

pacergod2
05-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Yeah ideally we would make that Speedy deal in a millisecond. But the thing is, Tinsley would fit that Hawks team like Miller fits that Philly team. Neither one is a threat from 3pt land and would leave an absolute void of someone to spread the floor. Claxton doesn't necessarily shoot better than Tinsley, but I think the Hawks absolutely have to have another player outside of Joe Johnson that can knock down a deep shot. Bibby does that for the Hawks and they would need someone who can shoot to replace him.

But that would be in a perfect world. Tinsley lives in Atlanta so maybe they have seen what Tinsley is capable of still and have an interest in trading for him. I would think that Tin would be ecstatic to play there. But that's a tough spot to bring in Tinsley and expect him and Acie Law to carry the PG load for them. Flip Murray was excellent for them this year, but is more of a combo guard as we know. Unless Atlanta can't work something out with Bibby I doubt this is an option. Bibby wants to stay and the Hawks can offer more. I think the Hawks will probably have to make a decision on re-signing Bibby or Marvin. I think they will lose a couple of their free agents this year.

Doddage
05-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Minnesota is giving up the one thing in the trade that everybody wants - an expiring contract. Whichever team gets that contract is getting something they want for something nobody really wants - Jamaal Tinsley or Jared Jeffries.

Minnesota gets the most talented player in the trade.

The only reason the Pacers do this because we can't pull off a Tinsley for Cardinal trade on our own. That's why the Knicks are involved at all.
If Minnesota really wants Tinsley though and would offer up Cardinal, then why would we want to involve NY? I, and I'm sure the Pacers, would rather have Cardinal and his contract than Jeffries and his.

MillerTime
05-13-2009, 04:09 AM
When is the lottery, anyway?

June 26th at 7pm on ESPN

OakMoses
05-13-2009, 09:58 AM
If Minnesota really wants Tinsley though and would offer up Cardinal, then why would we want to involve NY? I, and I'm sure the Pacers, would rather have Cardinal and his contract than Jeffries and his.

That's what I've been saying the whole time.

Doddage
05-13-2009, 03:17 PM
I was under the impression that you favored us getting Jeffries and NY getting Cardinal.

Jose Slaughter
05-13-2009, 04:09 PM
June 26th at 7pm on ESPN

Thats the draft.

The lottey is this weekend. The 16th I think

edit: Its the 19th.

pacergod2
05-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Yeah its next Tuesday and they usually do it at halftime of the playoff game.

PacerDude
05-25-2009, 07:21 AM
Didn't want to start a new thread with something so vague, but anyway - Miami is interested in Tinsley. Whoop-dee-doo.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/103852-heat-eyeing-tinsley?eref=fromSI

Doesn't really seem like the Miami people are excited about the possibility.

B00sh
05-25-2009, 08:06 PM
i like matt harpring and jared jeffires.
harpring for scrappy defense...and idk but does jeffires block shots

KnicksRGarbage
05-26-2009, 12:49 AM
There's no doubt that the cancer known as Jamaal Tinsley needs to go. In my opinion, Jeff Foster needs to go now as well. So, here's my 2 cents.

Send Jeff Foster and Jamaal Tinsley to Clippers for Chris Kaman and Al Thornton.

I'd take Kaman over Jeff any day. And Tinsley is... well Tinsley. So we finally get rid of him. Plus thornton is a soilid back up for Danny. Plus the Clippers desperately need a back up PG.

It works. Any objections?

Pacers
05-26-2009, 07:05 AM
The Clippers are stupid, but not that stupid. :)

Doddage
05-26-2009, 06:09 PM
The Clippers might have a few.

pacergod2
05-26-2009, 06:46 PM
The only thing the Clippers might send us for that package is Zach Randolph and a two year supply of Herpes cream to keep his breakouts at bay while he is with us.

CableKC
05-27-2009, 11:16 PM
There's no doubt that the cancer known as Jamaal Tinsley needs to go. In my opinion, Jeff Foster needs to go now as well. So, here's my 2 cents.

Send Jeff Foster and Jamaal Tinsley to Clippers for Chris Kaman and Al Thornton.

I'd take Kaman over Jeff any day. And Tinsley is... well Tinsley. So we finally get rid of him. Plus thornton is a soilid back up for Danny. Plus the Clippers desperately need a back up PG.

Objections? Yeah....from the Clips cuz they don't want to part with Thornton. Foster+Tinsley for Kaman works for me....the problem is that we'd be taking on a Starting Center with Roy waiting in line.

vnzla81
05-28-2009, 10:48 PM
I would send Tinsley 7mil, Murphy 10mil and Foster 6 mil for Baron Davis 11.5mil and Kaman 9.5mil, the Clippers wanna trade Baron and need to trade Kaman, that leaves the Pacers with TJ as the back up and don't need to resing Jack.
The Pacers would get one of the best up tempo and best defensive PG in the league and one of the best PF/C in Kaman, the team would look like this:
PG: Baron
SG: Rush
SF: Danny
PF: Kaman
C: Hibbert
this could be most complete team in the east.(I think)

Teddy Green
06-17-2009, 04:45 AM
The guy is untradeable. He is an injury prone cancer who being paid to stay away from his own team. Bird tried for an entire year to get someone to bite to no avail. The only team that has shown interest in him is Miami and thats in a buyout...

PacerDude
06-17-2009, 07:03 AM
Baron Davis ........... Kaman.......... one of the best up tempo and best defensive PG in the league ........ one of the best PF/C ......... this could be most complete team in the east.You ARE kidding - right ??

Why does Davis keep getting traded ??