PDA

View Full Version : Sonics shopping Ray Allen

Ragnar
07-02-2004, 10:12 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1833036

The Seattle Sonics are seeking offers for All-Star guard Ray Allen, who's entering the last year of his contract, ESPN's David Aldridge reported Thursday.

According to sources, Minnesota and Boston are among the teams Seattle has contacted. The discussions with the Celtics apparently haven't progressed because the Celtics, while interested in both Allen and forward Vladimir Radmanovic, are unlikely to include All-Star Paul Pierce in a deal for Allen.

The Sonics have denied they are shopping Allen, who just hired Lon Babby as his agent after not having an agent for several years. Allen has been at most of the team's off-season workouts in Seattle.

Meanwhile, the Sonics are trying to re-sign free agent guard Brent Barry. Seattle has offered Barry a three-year, $18 million deal. However, at least one team is planning to offer the 32-year-old Barry $20 million for three years.

DisplacedKnick
07-02-2004, 10:32 AM
The bigger surprise is how much teams want to give Barry, considering his injury history.

Murray showed what he can do as a starter last year. The Sonics need to deal one of the three and Ray has the potential for the biggest return.

But they won't get Paul Pierce for him.

Ragnar
07-02-2004, 10:35 AM
No but Al Harrington and Scott Pollard sounds good to me.

Anthem
07-02-2004, 11:04 AM
So what could they get for Allen?

able
07-02-2004, 11:27 AM
discussed the other day:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/cgi-bin/bbBoard.cgi?a=viewthread;fid=1;gtid=69638

certainly not Harrington/Pollard :D

Anthem
07-02-2004, 11:33 AM
I mean if it's a bidding war, what are other teams likely to offer?

DisplacedKnick
07-02-2004, 11:50 AM
I mean if it's a bidding war, what are other teams likely to offer?

Hard to say. If I'm the Knicks - never mind. We got nothin'

For the Pacers I'd think a Harrington/Bender combo would be something they'd at least look at. I don't think you'd need to (or should) deal Artest for him. But I don't think something like Harrington/Pollard would come close.

The Wizards have a ton of young people and Seattle needs a seasoned PG. Something starting with Larry Hughes and Etan Thomas maybe? Hughes and Arenas are redundant IMO.

Shade
07-02-2004, 12:07 PM
How about Al and Freddie for Ray? Or Ron and filler for Ray? Think Seattle would go for either of those offers?

DisplacedKnick
07-02-2004, 12:17 PM
How about Al and Freddie for Ray? Or Ron and filler for Ray? Think Seattle would go for either of those offers?

I wonder if Ron would interest them. I'd think they'd be looking for PF/C.

They have Rashard at SF and the reason they're so ready to deal Ray is that between Murray and Barry they're loaded at SG.

From a talent level Ron should interest them but from a team needs POV I don't think he would.

J-Wont
07-02-2004, 12:36 PM
Harrington, Bender, & Artest 4 Allen & Lewis?
I'd Love a Harrington & Bender 4 Allen trade. I'd even throw in Fred Jones if needed.
BTW - is the RealGM trade checker working for any of you? I get some damn error messages :mad:

Mourning
07-02-2004, 01:15 PM
Harrington, Bender, & Artest 4 Allen & Lewis?
I'd Love a Harrington & Bender 4 Allen trade. I'd even throw in Fred Jones if needed.
BTW - is the RealGM trade checker working for any of you? I get some damn error messages :mad:

No! This would totally kill our good defence concept. I would like to get Allen, we can have one lesser defender.

What I would be willing to offer:
- Al Harrington/Jonathan Bender
- Scott Pollard/Croshere
- Fred Jones
- future guaranteed 1st rounder (will be very low anyway:laugh:)

Dont know how it works salary wise though, haven't cheked yet, bet we would be getting one of their bad contract centers in return, but I have no problem with that if Allen comes here.

In the end though I rather get a lesser quality SG, but still quite good, who could still be great for us (Leonard, Barry, Jackson) and wouldnt kill our depth completely.

Regards,

Mourning:cool: