PDA

View Full Version : TexasHoosier on Indystar reporting news out of Austin

Pacer4fun
07-01-2004, 05:38 PM
Radio out of Austin....

"Is reporting that the Pacers maybe in discussions with the Mavs about tradeing Dirk for Harrington and Artest. They said there may be more players involved to make the money work. I would like to see that happen but alas I don't think it will."

I don't post over on that site, but thought it was interesting.

What would you think of Al and Ron for Dirk? What if it was being done for Dallas to get Shaq because they want more defense?

Dirk would provide outside scoring that is needed, what if they threw in Stackhouse or another shooting guard? Would you do it?

Ragnar
07-01-2004, 05:41 PM
NO

Can you imagine trading the DPOY for the NDPOY (no defense player of the year) :puke:

He can shoot but he does not seem to be very clutch.

Ragnar
07-01-2004, 05:42 PM
Unless of course we are doing it to stab Dallas in the back and imediatly move Dirk along with Austin and Pollard for Shaq (and Q-Rich has agreed to come here if we get Shaq)

Shade
07-01-2004, 05:45 PM
Wow. That's interesting. If Ronnie is definitely not going to be a Pacer next year, we could do much worse.

Can Dirk learn to play D? Will it affect his O if he does?

Shade
07-01-2004, 05:46 PM
Btw, didn't Cuban just say that they are not trading Dirk?

pacersteve
07-01-2004, 05:58 PM
No way does DN play Carlisle brand of ball. He's very one dimensional. I wouldn't trade Artest for anyone in this league short of KG, KB, Shaq, maybe KMart.

There's no sports radio station in Austin that knows anything about NBA basketball. UT and that's it in Austin.

Snickers
07-01-2004, 05:58 PM
Btw, didn't Cuban just say that they are not trading Dirk?

That's what I heard. I don't think this is happening.

RA231
07-01-2004, 06:12 PM
I dont see it happening, Dirk is to one sided. This team is about D and Dirk is about O. It could just be a trade purposal. I dont see Carlise liking that trade.

Mourning
07-01-2004, 06:15 PM
Huh? This seems EXTREMELY unlikely, but I would support this, yes. the offensive bonus is too big too ignore, further we get a lot taller and will have more rebounds next year were this to happen.

Also 2 very big guys and both in the better end of all star players in my view, who would defend a 7 footer shooting from the outside and another one constantly threatening from the inside?

Regards,

Mourning:cool:

Hicks
07-01-2004, 06:30 PM
No way. Cuban isn't trading Dirk. If he's not willing to trade him for Shaq, he won't for anyone.

RA231
07-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Cuban loves Dirk, no way he is trading him in that deal. I dont think it is a good deal for us anyway.

MSA2CF
07-01-2004, 06:36 PM
I dont see Carlise liking that trade.

It wouldn't matter if Rick liked it or not. He's the coach, he doesn't get to make these kind of decisions.
---

Yeah, as others have stated, Mark just wrote in a blog that he won't trade Dirk.

Lord Helmet
07-01-2004, 06:38 PM
Don't trade Ron!!:mad:

Suaveness
07-01-2004, 06:46 PM
Don't trade Ron!!:mad:

My sentiments exactly.

ABADays
07-01-2004, 08:23 PM
!!!!! noR edart t'noD

Just mirroring your sentiments.

Snickers
07-01-2004, 08:40 PM
!!!!! noR edart t'noD

Just mirroring your sentiments.

:laugh:

Pig Nash
07-01-2004, 09:18 PM
I don't think either side would do this but think of this lineup next year

JO
Dirk
Bender
Reggie (hopefully freddie)
Tinsley

Roaming Gnome
07-01-2004, 09:36 PM
Not...

Pacer4fun
07-01-2004, 10:03 PM
Dirk is good, but for Shaq, nobody is untouchable. No matter what Cuban says for public consumption, Shaq gives a very good chance for a championship. You trade whatever you have to get him.

So why trade Dirk to the Pacers instead of to the Lakers? Perhaps the Lakers want to become more defensive minded to go with Bryant. Artest, Harrington, Stackhouse, Walker, Finley and others provide a pretty good assortmant of players to select from. Perhaps we could even pick up a shooting guard out of it.

Most likely nothing comes of any of this and I would be happy if it didn't. I'm not sure Dirk really helps us, I would rather trade for Ray Allen.

Young
07-01-2004, 11:08 PM
I would love that trade if we were able to get Josh Howard too.

I don't care if you guys say he can't play defense, he cant but he plays for the Mavs. Hardly anyone can on that team.

Plus I heard that said about Rip until he went to Detroit. I believe that Carlise would help him out.

Anthem
07-01-2004, 11:39 PM

The Mavs are going to trade us their franchise player AND the best rookie they've had in a decade? And we're giving up what again?

:crazy:

Young
07-01-2004, 11:49 PM

The Mavs are going to trade us their franchise player AND the best rookie they've had in a decade? And we're giving up what again?

:crazy:

I said I would love that trade if they traded Howard too. Will they trade Howard? Probably not in this deal. Would I like this deal if he wasn't in it, no.

TheSauceMaster
07-02-2004, 11:34 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if Bird Want's Dirk , I remember Bird being asked what Modern NBA player Resembles him and guess who he said " Dirk Nowitzki"