PDA

View Full Version : tinsley???

debohstheman
07-01-2004, 01:43 PM
all of the discussion about acquiring/drafting a new PG have either implied or stated that tinsley's injuries might be worse than we anticipated...

exaclty what are those injuries? and do we have any reason to believe they are worse than we thought? or so bad they would threaten his career/ability to be ready for next year??

able
07-01-2004, 01:50 PM
From yesterday's Indystar Q&A MM:

Question: What's the medical progress of Jermaine O'Neal and Jamaal Tinsley since their injuries in the playoffs? (David from Hagerstown, Ind.)

Answer: I haven't heard anything about their health lately and those players have been out of reach. However, in both cases their injuries were expected to heal with rest. No surgery was required. Tinsley probably is close to 100 percent by now and O'Neal should be well by the end of the summer.

Will Galen
07-01-2004, 04:22 PM
From yesterday's Indystar Q&A MM:

Question: What's the medical progress of Jermaine O'Neal and Jamaal Tinsley since their injuries in the playoffs? (David from Hagerstown, Ind.)

Answer: I haven't heard anything about their health lately and those players have been out of reach. However, in both cases their injuries were expected to heal with rest. No surgery was required. Tinsley probably is close to 100 percent by now and O'Neal should be well by the end of the summer.

I read that already. Still Bird said he tried to trade for the 3rd pick to get Gordan, who's a point guard.

Now that's not a rumor, that's from the hor . . . Bird's mouth. So you have to ask yourself, why?

Bird was quoted earlier in the year as saying he thought Tins could become an all star, if so why was he so interested in Gordan?

There's just no getting around the thought that maybe Tins injuries are worse than we know. And worse than the newspapers know.

Of course that could be a smoke screen too. Maybe he still thinks we can do a deal for who he really wanted. Or he wants Tinsley to work really hard this year.

We don't know what is going on. Myself, I was a bit surprised Bird came out after the draft and said he was after Gordan. Nobody knew so why tell? He had to have a reason. I still think he was after Livingston, but he knew the Clippers wanted him at 4 and thought he would be available, that's why they traded the 2 pick. So bird tries to trade in front of them.

Speculation, speculation . . .

MagicRat
07-01-2004, 04:24 PM
I figured the Pacers were looking for a PG because they only had one under contract for next season....

Hicks
07-01-2004, 04:39 PM
Gorden can also play 2.

MSA2CF
07-01-2004, 04:53 PM
The point guard we get will not be big name or someone Pacers fans will get excited about...Well, not most Pacers fans.

Suaveness
07-01-2004, 06:41 PM
:rolleyes:

RA231
07-01-2004, 06:47 PM
I think Bird was looking at Gordon as a back up that can score. IMO we need a better back up and hope that AJ doesnt re-sign.

Chambizzle
07-01-2004, 09:17 PM
I wouldn't mind acquiring Alston to come off the bench... He is full of energy and could step up the tempo when the majority of the bench is playing. That way there would be possibly little down time between lineup changes.