pianoman
04-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Here's what we do to get back into title contention:

Trade with Toronto:

Chris Bosh and Jason Kapono

for

Troy Murphy and Jamaal Tinsley, 1 st pick '09 and '10;

Why on earth would Toronto do this?
1. They save immediate money, and get 2 draft picks.
2. Troy Murphy is coming off a great season. If he can do that in Toronto, they'd be a decent team.
3. If they gave Jamaal a chance to prove he's cleaned up, he'd be the perfect backup pg.
4. They get younger!

Why would Indiana do it?
Yes, giving up 2 consecutive draft picks is tough, but it puts you in contention, so you wouldn't get that high of a draft pick. I don't think we are going to have that many stars in this draft. especially at the Pf position.
1. You get bosh. need I say more?
2. You get rid of Jamaal
3. We get right back in contention, and would more than likely give Cleveland a run for their money.
4. Kapono is a good threat from 3

2nd trade: Phoenix and indy

simple trade of
Louis Amundson for a resigned stephen Graham and 2 2nd round picks '09

Why for phoenix?

They get a energy guy for the bench, and get 2 picks in the 2nd round.
And Indy?
He's a very decent b/u that really put up some great games this season against us.

This would be our depth Chart

Hibbert/Foster/Mcroberts
Bosh/Amundson/Mcroberts
Granger/Kapono
Rush/Dunleavy
Jack/Ford/Diener

This could be a very dangerous team. Although, these trades would probably be laughed at, I'm just thinking of ways to get bosh and Amundson without trading our big 3 of rush/granger/hib

your thoughts?

PacersRule
04-25-2009, 11:13 PM
Hmmm...I don't know about the Toronto trade. As good as Bosh and Kapono sound, giving up two straight 1st rounds is kind of hard.

jeffg-body
04-26-2009, 02:56 AM
I didn't think you can trade 2 consecutive 1 round draft picks?

pianoman
04-26-2009, 09:38 AM
oh yeah, i just realized that. Okay, then '09 and '11

Trophy
04-26-2009, 04:24 PM
I wouldn't see it being made.

MillerTime
04-26-2009, 08:29 PM
There's no way TO does that trade. Its horrible for them. They wouldn't want Murphy considering they already have Bragnani, both big men love to shoot 3s. Bosh is now going to be had without Rush, Hibbert or Foster being moved.

Also TO doesn not want Tonsley. They're fine with Calderon and Ukic

Trophy
04-26-2009, 08:34 PM
Am I the only one that wants to keep Troy a long time Pacer?

MillerTime
04-27-2009, 04:44 PM
Am I the only one that wants to keep Troy a long time Pacer?
I don't see him being a Pacer after 2011. I would perfer a PF with more of a post game

d_c
04-27-2009, 05:07 PM
I don't see him being a Pacer after 2011. I would perfer a PF with more of a post game

He could still be a Pacer after 2011: If so, it would be at a reduced salary.

But I could easily see him signing an MLE deal with a contender as a bigman off the bench.

Trophy
04-27-2009, 06:19 PM

I think if he's still doing what he did this season in 2 years, Bird will bring him back.

MillerTime
04-27-2009, 09:23 PM
I think if he's still doing what he did this season in 2 years, Bird will bring him back.
I think Birds first priority will be to sign a PF that has a post game. I think the only way Murphy is going to remain a Pacer after 2011 is for him to sign a deal which is less than $7 million/season

Major Cold
04-28-2009, 10:37 AM
We don't have two second rounders. Miami has ours for the Stanko trade. The Suns have like 3 second rounders anyway. Why would they need 5 second rounders?

MillerTime
04-28-2009, 11:18 AM
We don't have two second rounders. Miami has ours for the Stanko trade. The Suns have like 3 second rounders anyway. Why would they need 5 second rounders?

we still have 2 second rounders from the Dallas (Shawne Williams) deal

pacergod2
04-28-2009, 12:19 PM
The other second rounder from Dallas was for a future year.