06-30-2004, 04:55 PM
:applaud:

MSA2CF
06-30-2004, 05:05 PM
:boxer:

Look at Mark go. :chuckle:

Doug
06-30-2004, 05:12 PM
Great, now somebody in my fantasy basketball league is going to put Walker up for a GFC vote next year and use this blog entry as evidence...

Peck
06-30-2004, 05:13 PM
While I like the fact that he took it to the press I will still say this.

I prefer the quiet dignity that is the Simons.:bowdown:

indygeezer
06-30-2004, 06:22 PM
OK, I will now overlook Don Nelson and declare the MAvs as my second fav team.

I have just gained a whole new level of respect for the flake known as Cuban.

(and regarding the thread about whether DW or any PAcer brass haunt these boards, maybe not, but the Mavs have an owner that is willing to surf)

Will Galen
06-30-2004, 06:49 PM
I think he was giving Sam and Peter to much credit when he compared them to Sports Gossip Columnists. Gossip Columnists will always have enough people to gossip about. whereas when Peter and Sam don't have any news, or if they don't want to work they just make stuff up.

I've always liked Cuban!

beast23
06-30-2004, 07:11 PM
Mahvalous. Simply Mahvalous.

The only thing would have been better would have been if Cuban said he would pay $1M for a hit man the next time he saw a lie in print from them.

I think quite a few of the so-called sports columnists are just plain lazy. They either don't have time to do their homework or are too damn lazy to do their homework and voila..... a new yarn is born. Except that each yarn that is spun grows feet within a few hours.

Kegboy
06-30-2004, 10:19 PM

I agree, but What I like about him (Cuban) is he is a true NBA fan. I get tired of seeing NBA owners who are business men, and forget the whole point of the game is to have fun (and win)

Yep, like Ratner looking to trade Kidd to save money. :rolleyes:
---
:duel:

MagicRat
06-30-2004, 11:05 PM

I agree, but What I like about him (Cuban) is he is a true NBA fan. I get tired of seeing NBA owners who are business men, and forget the whole point of the game is to have fun (and win)

Yep, like Ratner looking to trade Kidd to save money. :rolleyes:
---
:duel:

Yeah, but the Rat's gonna need beaucoup dolares if he wants to keep a fox like Stacey happy.......

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/ratner.jpg

TheSauceMaster
06-30-2004, 11:19 PM
I really like Mark Cuban , He says alot of things that most NBA owners are afraid to say and besides him being a IU Alumni ..he's pretty kewl in my book and I read his blog regularly. I loved his Ref Rants and I remember his complaing about Webber traveling and it worked Webber got called for Sevreral Travels after than in the Mav vs Kings Series.

kerosene
07-01-2004, 01:07 AM
This was the best thing I read today. I'm expecting Vescey to fire back soon too.

MSA2CF
07-01-2004, 12:15 PM
This was the best thing I read today. I'm expecting Vescey to fire back soon too.

Well, I'm thinking he may try to come up with a list of all the things he has been correct on, but then again, he probably won't be able to find enough things to make a solid argument. :cool:

Fool
07-02-2004, 11:36 AM
Mark Cuban is a fool (takes one to know one). He's done nothing but revamp the PR departement of the Mavs. His web blogs are often a joke (though this one was fine, the media is worse than Cuban so its hard to get this blog wrong) and his Mavs will always be the most expensive early exit in the league.

That being said, its always fun to watch and see which one dimensional player he over-pays next. "Respect for Walk"? The only reason "Walk" could play so many positions and "put it on the line" for the Mavs is because the Mavs play half the game and no one cared that "Walk" couldn't guard back-up PFs and Cs or any starter at any position in the east or west.

Fool
07-02-2004, 11:58 AM
he has turned Dallas into a contender <snip> just hating on a owner cause he is successfull is sad, IMO

Just so you know, Finely was acquired by Dallas in 97. Dirk and Nash in 99 and Cuban bought the team in 2000. He did nothing to turn that team into a contender (even the coach, Nelson, was already there). Oh, but in 2004 he did let Nash walk away ... maybe that will help them win.

As for his success in business thats obvious and I don't "hate on" him for that (For the record I don't "hate" or "hate on" him, I think he is a fool, plain and simple). There are plenty of rich fools and being a fool doesn't mean you aren't good at anything. He is clearly superb at making money.

But don't come with "He made Dallas win" since he didn't do anything to help Dallas and Dallas doesn't ever win anything (regular season success is not accomplishing anything in my book).

But like I said, he did a bang-up job on their PR department and now plenty of fans come and watch the team lose in the playoffs.