04-14-2009, 06:56 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d2btyd

Pacers Send:
Ford
Murphy
2011 First Rounder Pick

Suns Send:
Amare

In the draft, the Pacers could sign someone like Lawson to takeover the long term PG spot in Indy

Jack
Rush
Granger
Amare
Hibbert

joew8302
04-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Why would the Suns do this? Give up a franchise level player for a power forward who can't move his feet and a pg that dribbles too much? No thanks.

Trophy
04-14-2009, 04:26 PM
No thanks.

Haggard
04-15-2009, 04:49 AM
Why would the Suns do this? Give up a franchise level player for a power forward who can't move his feet and a pg that dribbles too much? No thanks.

I was under the impression that the suns had fallen out of favour and want to move Amare.

Murphy would work well in their run and gun as a trailing 3 point shooter.
He is someone that can pull in boards in D but wont hinder Shaq's game inside. Murphy would work well in the high post offensively too.

You say TJ dribbles too much, look at Nash.. TJ is probably a 3 point shot off being the type of the player the Suns really want.

idioteque
04-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Haven't you made this suggestion before?

I know it makes you feel better inside that we're trading draft picks from drafts that won't take place in the near future but you are still trading draft picks.

No one is going to give up a former All-Star who still has a lot in the tank for a backup PF and a backup PG. It just isn't going to happen. I don't care if Amare is no longer popular in Phx, they can get much more for him from somewhere else. Amare will not stay in Indiana after his contract is up. The best the Pacers can hope to do is trade him again. Free agency never benefits the Pacers so that is not an option.

jeffg-body
04-16-2009, 12:32 AM
As a Pacer fan I would be all for it. As a realist I don't see the Suns doing this, unless that 2011 draft pick is unprotected.