PDA

View Full Version : careful what you wish for

PacerMan
06-30-2004, 02:31 PM
Crawford's 'D' tends to vanish into thin air

June 30, 2004

BY ELLIOTT HARRIS SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST Advertisement

Bulls guard Jamal Crawford is quoted in a Denver newspaper saying he wouldn't mind playing for the Nuggets. Those who have seen him perform on the court might say that's about the only way he will take his defense to a higher plateau :applaud:

bulletproof
06-30-2004, 02:43 PM
So what are we supposed to be careful wishing for? That he comes here?

We need a SG. Who would you suggest that's both a good scorer and good defender. It's pretty slim pickings. And who would you be willing to give up?

DisplacedKnick
06-30-2004, 02:52 PM
If Crawford goes tro the Nuggest I'd suggest the Pacers decide what portion of their MLE they want to use for Rodney White and make a play - because with Crawford he's no use to them.

His defense is pretty bad too but there's no reason it can't be good if he buckles down.

But I'd look at a deal for 1.5 to 2 million. It'd almost be perfect - spend a year as Reggie's backup, then see if he can step in as a starter. And if not, his salary's small enough that he's tradable.

BTW - I hope the Pacers don't do that because it's the identical scenarion I'd like to see happen with the Knicks.

blanket
06-30-2004, 02:55 PM
So what are we supposed to be careful wishing for? That he comes here?

We need a SG. Who would you suggest that's both a good scorer and good defender. It's pretty slim pickings. And who would you be willing to give up?

Cuttino Mobley.

For Al Harrington.

(What? You mean to say that's already been suggested here?) :D

bulletproof
06-30-2004, 03:04 PM
If Crawford goes tro the Nuggest I'd suggest the Pacers decide what portion of their MLE they want to use for Rodney White and make a play - because with Crawford he's no use to them.

His defense is pretty bad too but there's no reason it can't be good if he buckles down.

But I'd look at a deal for 1.5 to 2 million. It'd almost be perfect - spend a year as Reggie's backup, then see if he can step in as a starter. And if not, his salary's small enough that he's tradable.

BTW - I hope the Pacers don't do that because it's the identical scenarion I'd like to see happen with the Knicks.

God, I hope we do more than that. If Reggie starts and we get nothing more out of an acquisition than a backup-caliber SG with "potential," this season will be little more than a repeat of last season. Thankfully, I think Larry will be bolder than that.

naptownmenace
06-30-2004, 03:28 PM
The problem with Crawford is the same problem that the Pacers have with Al Harrington and even Artest to a lesser degree. They all want to be the man, the focus of the offense. They each break plays and deviate from the plan at inopportune times.

I like Crawford a lot, I just don't think he'll gel with the team that the Pacers have. If you trade Al for Crawford, it might just be addition by subtraction.

beast23
06-30-2004, 07:42 PM
The problem with Crawford is the same problem that the Pacers have with Al Harrington and even Artest to a lesser degree. They all want to be the man, the focus of the offense. They each break plays and deviate from the plan at inopportune times.

I've had the same perception of Crawford. And Jason Terry. Don't know if my perception is reality, but that's just the way I see it.

I totally agree with bulletproof. I don't think there is anyway in hell that Larry will bring in an SG to play backup minutes.

It's possible that Rick might choose to start Reggie, or maybe Donnie will even "force" Rick to start Reggie. But I see Reggie being the 18-minute man and a new SG being a 30-minute man.... with Freddie possibly taking 4-5 minutes from each if he's still here.

So no. I'm pretty sure that whoever we bring in will be a $5M or more player.

Pig Nash
07-01-2004, 01:17 PM

I've had the same perception of Crawford. And Jason Terry. Don't know if my perception is reality, but that's just the way I see it.

I totally agree with bulletproof. I don't think there is anyway in hell that Larry will bring in an SG to play backup minutes.

It's possible that Rick might choose to start Reggie, or maybe Donnie will even "force" Rick to start Reggie. But I see Reggie being the 18-minute man and a new SG being a 30-minute man.... with Freddie possibly taking 4-5 minutes from each if he's still here.

So no. I'm pretty sure that whoever we bring in will be a $5M or more player.

I think both players are perceived that way because they play for crappy *** teams.

They have to play like the only one on the court because they are.

Dukins
07-01-2004, 01:19 PM
I think Crawford would be a good fit. A taller point guard with a shooting touch. His maturity is the only thing that scares me. We do not need anymore headcases here.