PDA

View Full Version : Looking back at the Pacers' 08-09 season

Trophy
04-01-2009, 04:25 PM
-Only team in league to defeat the NBA's top 5/6 teams
(CLE, LAL, BOS, ORL, DEN and face SA FRIDAY).

-Danny Granger makes first All-Star appearence and participates in the Foot Locker Three Point Shoot Out.

-Danny Granger improves again by at least 5 PPG or more. (MIP!)

-Mike Dunleavy returned mid season to play just 18 games and was out again to have season ending knee surgery.

-Danny, Troy, T.J., and Jarrett all scored game winning baskets at the buzzer or with nearly less than a second left.

-Largest winning streak so far this season was 3.

-Largest losing streak so far this season was 6.

It's not over yet.
Hope we can have some more wins in the last 7 games of the season.
Feel free to add on to the list.

NuffSaid
04-01-2009, 07:39 PM
To add to the above:

- Troy Murphy ties JO for franchise single-season double-double record @ 44.

Trophy
04-01-2009, 07:44 PM
To add to the above:

Thanks.
I knew I was forgetting some things Troy improved on. That's a big stat.

tinsley#11
04-01-2009, 08:02 PM
I may be mistaken but didnt troy also set a pacers single season rebounding record

yes he broke JO's mark for most defensive rebounds in a season

Trophy
04-01-2009, 08:18 PM
I may be mistaken but didnt troy also set a pacers single season rebounding record

yes he broke JO's mark for most defensive rebounds in a season

No you have that right. His rebounding is well over 10 PG. That was around the highest he had PG in his career. Now he's averaged a little lower than 12 PG.

YoSoyIndy
04-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Someone said it on another thread -- I'm really looking forward to next year. Maybe I'm a homer, but I love the season review page is on the pacers elite page.

http://pacerselite.com/renew/

mboyle1313
04-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Loyalists,

Some clarification on the above assertions:

1) Mr. Murphy does not hold the Pacers single season record for double doubles, though he may soon make that claim. He has 44; Clark Kellog's club record is 47

2) While Mr. Murphy will establish a new franchise mark for RPG, as noted above, he still needs 87 rebounds to break Kellogg's record for rebounds in a season.

MJB

count55
04-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Really hot collection of PaceMates, too.

NuffSaid
04-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Loyalists,

Some clarification on the above assertions:

1) Mr. Murphy does not hold the Pacers single season record for double doubles, though he may soon make that claim. He has 44; Clark Kellog's club record is 47
No one has said Murphy broke the record; just that he tied JO's record of 44. Murphy is on his way, though. I think he only needs 5 more double-doubles and the record is his.

Major Cold
04-02-2009, 11:25 AM
To add to the above:

ties record?

Trophy
04-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Really hot collection of PaceMates, too.

Haha thats true.

thefeistyone
04-03-2009, 02:40 AM
I'll add the stat of 0 arrest in a year. It may not seem like a big deal, but people in the community care...

Jonathan
04-03-2009, 01:25 PM
2008-2009 was a down year for the Pacers. I say this because Pacer Basketball is not in the playoffs AGAIN. J Tinsley has yet to be traded as well.

Positives- Hibbert's development. Granger's Allstar Status.

Negatives- Dunleavy's knee injury. Team defense.

Trophy
04-03-2009, 03:49 PM
2008-2009 was a down year for the Pacers. I say this because Pacer Basketball is not in the playoffs AGAIN. J Tinsley has yet to be traded as well.

For the past 2 seasons it's been deja vue. Close to getting into the playoffs and looking to trade Tinsley hasn't happened yet.

BillS
04-03-2009, 03:49 PM

Positives- Hibbert's development. Granger's Allstar Status.

Negatives- Dunleavy's knee injury. Team defense.

So, you're a "the glass is not only half empty, it's dirty and I don't like that brand of beer" kind of guy, eh?

duke dynamite
04-03-2009, 03:51 PM
So, you're a "the glass is not only half empty, it's dirty and I don't like that brand of beer" kind of guy, eh?
Miller High Life sucks and is toilet water, anyway.

This season was good. I really do like us having blowout wins, but man, you can't beat some of the fantastic finishes we've had this year. Thrilling!

This team played with some intensity.

Jonathan
04-03-2009, 03:57 PM

I am not going to play 'what if's" about this season. Our team made some steps in the right direction. I am just upset we did not make the playoffs. I think we should have been able to even with Dunleavy's injury.

Trophy
04-03-2009, 03:59 PM
This was definitly an exciting and entertaining season like every year. Too bad we couldn't extend it into the post season.