PDA

View Full Version : Just this once: You make the call.

Hicks
04-01-2009, 12:29 AM
[edit]April fools. :devil:

Hicks
04-01-2009, 09:17 AM

Hicks
04-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Shame on the following for giving in to temptation: :devil: ;)

Ballerzfan
Pacers
Los Angeles
DocHolliday
JGray
obnoxiousmodesty
dcpacersfan
Natston
Alpolloloco
Pacemate Voyeur
DanGrangerPwrRanger
sweabs
lenin_fresh
TRich
maragin
TMJ31
Will Galen
rexnom
Indy
duke dynamite
Anthem

Hicks
04-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Oh, and welcome back, all. :flirt:

Will Galen
04-01-2009, 11:17 PM
I think you are unusually levelheaded, but you blew it this time.

Los Angeles
04-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Funny thing is I entered my own name to see what would happen.

Really.

duke dynamite
04-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Today was a tough day. Besides Ms. Dukie and work, this is really my only social outlet.

/not sarcasm

Roaming Gnome
04-01-2009, 11:23 PM
Funny thing is I entered my own name to see what would happen.

Really.

That's what I'd say, too :blush:

Really, I can see it. I almost did it with the account I use for my blackberry. Just to see how it worked. :lol:

Los Angeles
04-01-2009, 11:26 PM
That's what I'd say, too :blush:

It was a toss up between typing in 'Hicks' and 'Los Angeles'.

Really.

rexnom
04-01-2009, 11:31 PM
My desire to ban JayRedd was just too strong. I know it was too good to be true but still, I couldn't resist.

duke dynamite
04-01-2009, 11:34 PM
I had a feeling it was a joke, in the spirit of the day, but what I didn't realize is that it was more than that.

Funny, but it made my work trip today feel like forever.

heywoode
04-01-2009, 11:36 PM
You shouldn't be reading at PD on your iphone while driving anyway!

kester99
04-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Most excellent.

count55
04-01-2009, 11:37 PM
You shouldn't be reading at PD on your iphone while driving anyway!

Yes...it gets in the way of the drinking.

Bball
04-01-2009, 11:39 PM
So for those of us who didn't have the heart to ban anyone, what happened when you put someone's name in? Did it just look like it mistakeningly banned you instead or did it scold and punish you for trying to do such a deed to a fellow poster?

Did any of you head back to the Star board and wonder who on earth thought the new software was an improvement there? I can certainly relate to that. Maybe it's just familiarity but their forum software just seemed almost unusable to me.

duke dynamite
04-01-2009, 11:40 PM
lol

Los Angeles
04-01-2009, 11:51 PM
So for those of us who didn't have the heart to ban anyone, what happened when you put someone's name in? Did it just look like it mistakeningly banned you instead or did it scold and punish you for trying to do such a deed to a fellow poster?

Did any of you head back to the Star board and wonder who on earth thought the new software was an improvement there? I can certainly relate to that. Maybe it's just familiarity but their forum software just seemed almost unusable to me.

It told me that I was banned and that I would be able to log back in on May 1st.

I was totally confused about wether I was banned because I entered a name or if I was banned because I banned myself by entering my own name. Either way, I wish I had the opportunity to participate in what looks like some decent threads from today. but as they say, curiosity did in fact kill the cat.

I don't think anything will top "Pistons Digest" (I was only a lurker then) but this was decent despite being on the harsh side in penalty.

I think the new user "Hicks and Kstat Are Lovers" was a highlight.

MillerTime
04-02-2009, 12:17 AM

:buddies::laugh:

Trader Joe
04-02-2009, 12:22 AM
I typed in Hicks name for thirty days after posting that it was a clever april fool's joke, but I wanted to see what would happen. Well, curiosity killed the cat. I thought it would say, hey, don't think we would let the inmates run the asylum or somehting like that but no an actual ban. Damn it with my endless curiosity.

SoupIsGood
04-02-2009, 12:23 AM
Can someone explain what it was? I didn't even see it.

duke dynamite
04-02-2009, 12:24 AM
I typed in Hicks name for thirty days after posting that it was a clever april fool's joke, but I wanted to see what would happen. Well, curiosity killed the cat. I thought it would say, hey, don't think we would let the inmates run the asylum or somehting like that but no an actual ban. Damn it with my endless curiosity.
There is someone missing from that list up there.

duke dynamite
04-02-2009, 12:25 AM
Can someone explain what it was? I didn't even see it.
This thread had a link, once you clicked on it, it claimed that you had the power to ban anyone, for any time up to 30 days.

You enter a name and a length, and it bans you allegedly for that amount of time.

Trader Joe
04-02-2009, 12:26 AM

My name is right above yours.

Roaming Gnome
04-02-2009, 12:26 AM

:whistle:

duke dynamite
04-02-2009, 12:27 AM
:whistle:
lol I won't say who publicly.

Will Galen
04-02-2009, 12:37 AM
I put my own name in. This is what happened,

You have been banned for the following reason:
Haha!! Fooled you!!
Date the ban will be lifted: 04-04-2009, 02:30 AM

Bball
04-02-2009, 12:44 AM
Hmmmm... So for those that banned themselves...
What did you think would happen?

That seems akin to seeing a sign that says "Wet Paint" and then intenionally touching it and getting wet paint on you.

-Bball

DGPR
04-02-2009, 12:44 AM
I thought the ban was going to stick for the next 3 days too. Damn you April the first!

travmil
04-02-2009, 12:47 AM
Devious

CableKC
04-02-2009, 12:47 AM
Great....now I'm self-conscious enough to hope that no one put me on this fake "ban" list.

Pacers
04-02-2009, 12:53 AM

LOL This. Hicks, 30 days, and also typed in (please don't ban me, I know what the date is)

Poof, bannernated.

Will Galen
04-02-2009, 01:00 AM
Hmmmm... So for those that banned themselves...
What did you think would happen?

That seems akin to seeing a sign that says "Wet Paint" and then intenionally touching it and getting wet paint on you.

-Bball

I figured a cutesy saying, something like that. And for what's it's worth I believe wet paint signs, I don't test them.

BRushWithDeath
04-02-2009, 01:03 AM
Today was a tough day. Besides Ms. Dukie and work, this is really my only social outlet.

/not sarcasm

This should be a bannable post for his own good. He really needs to get out more.

Shade
04-02-2009, 01:20 AM
Pure pwnage. :lmao:

I agree that nothing tops Pistons Digest, though. Damn, that was a fun day.

Peck
04-02-2009, 03:04 AM
No need to beat around the bush on this one, I was also banned. I didn't quite read the entire post on the admin. board so when I clicked on this thread I intended to see how this worked.

Well you will all be happy to know that admins. can be banned as well.:)

I appreciate the fact that my name was taken off of the list, however I am not to big (well actually I am to big but that is another story entirely) to admit that I was fooled as well.

I guess it pays to read the entire post and not just the highlights.

For the record though, I was banning Hicks for 30 days.:devil:

Bball
04-02-2009, 03:41 AM
This is really an interesting study in human nature when you're on the outside looking in.

If we take the post at face value, Hicks had decided to give PD posters some more power to help self-police the site. What did some posters do with that power? Jokingly try to use it to ban Hicks!
:lol:

Others, used it for a joke to ban someone else. Can we assume someone took it seriously and tried to ban a user they thought needed banned? I bet they did.

Some, thinking they know Hicks well enough to know how he thinks, figured it was a joke with no consequences but a 'gotcha! banner'. So, they put their own name in there even though, taking the post at face value they'd be banning themselves. And that they did!
:lol:

So they didn't exactly know Hicks as well as they thought they did. Which then calls into question the judgment they used in thinking it was a joke in the first place!

So what have learned? We've learned Hicks is more unpredictable than some thought. We've also learned that it's probably not a good idea to give posters too much power 'anonymously'.

I'm going to have to go back to my wet paint analogy- If the sign says "Wet Paint" there's more than a small chance you're looking at 'wet paint' ;)

But mostly.... tread very carefully on April 1st around here! ;)

-Bball

Los Angeles
04-02-2009, 03:55 AM
I didn't want to presume anything about Hicks or likely outcomes, I just couldn't let it sit there without KNOWING WHAT WILL HAPPEN.

Story of my life: What will happen if I have that 9th beer? What will happen if I just walk up to her and get a feel-ski? What will happen if I put my head in that drain pipe?

Let's just say I have a thirst for knowledge.

rexnom
04-02-2009, 05:00 AM
I didn't want to presume anything about Hicks or likely outcomes, I just couldn't let it sit there without KNOWING WHAT WILL HAPPEN.

Story of my life: What will happen if I have that 9th beer? What will happen if I just walk up to her and get a feel-ski? What will happen if I put my head in that drain pipe?

LA, you are indeed a pioneer in your field.

sweabs
04-02-2009, 07:06 AM
I knew it was something April Fool's related, but was hoping it would record an ongoing tally of submitted names (and wanted to see JayRedd right at the top). So I voted for the man. And then his name switched to mine in the box and I was gone for the day.

obnoxiousmodesty
04-02-2009, 08:31 AM
I plead the 33rd amendment--I am innocent on the grounds my wife prodded me to try banning her, then I was screwed over. I am guilty of all charges officer.

Ballerzfan
04-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Guilty as charged. :D I went for the 3 day ban on a member who imo posts the most irrational arguments regarding all facets of the game and player skills. It was just too tempting:laugh:

idioteque
04-02-2009, 09:45 AM
I mean, can you help wanting to ban JayRedd for three days? It was just too good to be true, I knew, but I wanted to try it. Hicks, you are an evil evil man. It was a good joke though.

And you can delete my thread on Club Rio or merge it with this one I had no idea this thread was here.

travmil
04-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Like I said...devious. Borderline pure diabolical genius.

bellisimo
04-02-2009, 11:31 AM
well that was certainly unexpected...didn't really thought people would try that...

Anthem
04-02-2009, 11:33 AM
I tried to ban Hicks. :blush:

Trader Joe
04-02-2009, 11:53 AM

Yeah, I basically co-sign this. I knew it was a joke. I posted as much and Hicks deleted it (:devil:). I just had to know what was at the other end of the rabbit hole.

Major Cold
04-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Looks like I missed the list. If I was on last night I would have been banned.

grace
04-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Well you will all be happy to know that admins. can be banned as well.:)

Maybe you can ban them but you can't :ignore: them. :irked:

maragin
04-02-2009, 01:38 PM
I put in "No one." plus some comment about it being a bad idea. Got banned, obviously.

I understand it being a joke, but it was also a reminder that I should spend less time on this board until next preseason.

Naptown_Seth
04-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Evidence that the Pacers are out of the hunt. You think Hicks is working on this if the Pacers are fighting for a 3 seed?

By the way, if reading PD on the way to work gets in the way of the drinking then you are doing it wrong. It's all about a system. And faith in guard rails.

ChicagoJ
04-02-2009, 01:55 PM
This is actually thread-of-the-year material.

TMJ31
04-02-2009, 03:09 PM
I tried banning Hicks as well, but boy was I bamboozled ;-)

Trader Joe
04-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Evidence that the Pacers are out of the hunt. You think Hicks is working on this if the Pacers are fighting for a 3 seed?

By the way, if reading PD on the way to work gets in the way of the drinking then you are doing it wrong. It's all about a system. And faith in guard rails.

No kidding, God did give us two hands, two eyes, and two legs. That is more than enough to drink, read PD, fiddle with the radio, and drive.