PDA

View Full Version : Quis may be done for the year...

t1hs0n
03-30-2009, 06:38 PM
Mar 30, 2009 5:28 PM EST

If his right wrist doesn't improve soon, Pacers swingman Marquis Daniels could opt to shut himself down for the season's final eight games.

"I just like playing basketball too much," Daniels said. "I've got to talk to my agent and the coaches on if I should try to come back or let it heal so I don't have to mess with it during the summer."

Daniels has missed the team's last five games, and originally injured the wrist against the Blazers on March 4th.

"I've got like four different sprains in it," Daniels said. "I tried to play through it, but it was hurting so bad I had to stop and sit out."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/58196/20090330/wrist_injury_could_end_daniels_season/

Looks like Quis is done as a pacer. I don't see how they can pick up that option for next year.

CableKC
03-30-2009, 06:49 PM
We may have seen the last of Marquis in a Pacer uniform....but it's a blessing in disguise. It's unfortunate.....but with the absense of Marquis and Dunleavy.....I think that it simply pushed ( if not forced ) JO'B to give BRush significant minutes....whether he was ready or not.

Marquis' one of those players that really helped carry this team this season when injuries laid waste to our Playoff hopes. I really hope that he can recover so that he can get a decent contract in the offseason, he deserves it.

clownskull
03-30-2009, 07:39 PM
i don't dislike quis but this is one of my issues why i have never been in favor of keeping him around. he can't help getting hurt as often as he is but, we simply can't keep guys around who are almost always injured. his history speaks that he can't stay healthy for long. i wouldn't be surprised if this season was his longest stint staying healthy. he actually lasted longer than i expected.

Naptown_Seth
03-30-2009, 08:15 PM
Of course health questions might lower the market on him. Could factor in on a resign from the true FA market if they let him go.

Trophy
03-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Good luck to him in the rest of his NBA career. He's a hard working player and always steps up when he has to so it shouldn't be too much of an issue for him to find a new team to sign with.

JayRedd
03-30-2009, 11:34 PM
Silver lining: This announcement came much later in the season than I expected.

duke dynamite
03-30-2009, 11:41 PM
I'm not surprised by the article, I'm surprised that t1hs0n posted something.

thefeistyone
03-31-2009, 01:52 AM
It's a shame, he is a scrapper around the basket. I'll never know how he managed to get some of those shots off in the lane. At least bird was looking ahead and it looks like Rush may be ready to step up next year. We'll pray that Duns will be back to form as well.

Good luck to Quis, he is a hard worker on the court and you have to respect that.

rexnom
03-31-2009, 02:18 AM
Silver lining: This announcement came much later in the season than I expected.
Yeah. This season has been a massive success for Quis, considering. I think that in any other year, we would seriously consider picking up his option (to be honest, we probably would have traded him to a contender mid-season). Good for Quis. Now, I will sit back and watch as Brandon continues to establish his crab-like hold of the starting 2-spot for the next decade.

Since86
03-31-2009, 02:44 PM
Wow, you mean the player is the one who decides how their injury is treated?

This is a shocking development!