Amare

Suns Send:
Amare
Nash

Suns Receive:
Ford
Murphy
Haslem
Pacers' 2012 First Rounder (protected top 10)

Heat Send:
Haslem
James Jones

Heat Receive
Nash

Kings Send
Kenny Thomas

Kings Receive
Tinsley

pacergod2
03-30-2009, 11:24 AM
Basically you want three trades to happen:

Amare to Indy for Ford, Murphy and a First rounder

Nash to Miami for J. Jones and Haslem

Tinsley to Sac for K. Thomas

I think there is a lot to like about these trades for Phoenix. I think we would need to pony up two firsts for Amare and they would need to be 2009 and 2011. That's just my opinion. There is a strong market for Amare. The issue with a lot of teams, however is their ability to re-sign him. I don't know that he would stick around with us. Their front line would still be very good with SHAQ, Murphy, Haslem and Lopez. That front line would still be able to compete in the west.

I think Phoenix trading Nash would be difficult because he is the face of their franchise, but I think it would be the best thing for them long term. Also, Ford would be a much younger replacement to Nash, and it would actually be an upgrade defensively. Of course, nobody passes as well as Nash and they would lose in the three point shooting. James Jones is an excellent shooter who could off-set the loss of Nash's range. He would be a nice complement to Barnes and Richardson on the wing. Jones would thrive working off SHAQ.

Tinsley for Thomas is a very viable trade this off-season. I think it would just complicate this trade to add the Kings to the mix and make this one deal. These three trades could be done individually, which would make this scenario more viable. I think the big problem with all of this, is that the Suns wouldn't want to take on the extra salary over the long-term in these deals.