PDA

View Full Version : Ty Lawson

MillerTime
03-30-2009, 07:47 AM
I was looking at Draftexpress.com and they Ty Lawson going at 14. That doesnt seem right. He should be picked up before. Pacers are going to pick around #9 (the way things look). If Lawson is available, I really think we should pick him up. We've always talked about how Ford and Jack are not real PG's, and in DraftExpress they have one of his strengths of being a true PG.

I know the question then remains, what are we going to do with Ford and Jack. I know Lawson had that public nuisance charge so that might hold him against he being a Pacer. We could pick up Jack's $2,899,798 qualifying offer next season and try to move TJ and Foster for a big man!

Who knows, this is just a thought! But I think if we can pick someone like Lawson up at #9, we shouldnt pass up

Will Galen
03-30-2009, 09:47 AM
I know Lawson had that public nuisance charge so that might hold him against he being a Pacer.

That means he has little chance in being a Pacer.

And you should have left this in the draft thread where you already commented on it. What is it, you just like to start threads?

duke dynamite
03-30-2009, 10:02 AM
That means he has little chance in being a Pacer.

And you should have left this in the draft thread where you already commented on it. What is it, you just like to start threads?
It wouldn't be a normal day.

Spirit
03-30-2009, 05:07 PM
A short pg with low potential should not be picked in the top 10.

Kemo
03-30-2009, 05:23 PM
nah , I wouldn't draft Lawson personally ...

If the Pacers are gonna go with a PG, they absolutely MUST try and move TJ Ford over the summer .... the ONLY PG I would take in a heartbeat is Stephen Curry ... Because if Rubio declares himself eligible for this year's draft, I see him going 1st or 2nd ... I personally would pick Rubio over Griffin.. as would alot of GM's ...

But as to Lawson , nah ...
I'd rather see us get a defensive PF

UncleReg
03-30-2009, 05:39 PM
A short pg with low potential should not be picked in the top 10.

Exactly. If LB drafts Ty Lawson, which I doubt he will, we will be set back another 1-2 years.

LOCBLB613
03-30-2009, 05:57 PM
PASS A MILLION TIMES his rap sheet aint to good wasnt there a DUI?

CableKC
03-30-2009, 06:56 PM
We could pick up Jack's $2,899,798 qualifying offer next season
That's not how it works for Jack. count55 can better explain....but Jack's a Restricted FA next season. If the Pacers choose to keep him....they will probably do what the Rockets did to Landry....let him test the market to see what he can get then match any offer if it's below what the Pacers think is his value.

As count55 eluded to in another thread........which I agree with...there's a chance that we may not even resign Jack given our financial/salarycap situation for the next 2 seasons. Just remember....our financial/Salarycap situation isn't as good as many of us think it is.....which means that our options to improve this team ( trades, resigning players or signing FAs ) won't be that good until all of our 2010-2011 contracts come off the books.

I'm also in agreement with Kemo on drafting a PG in this draft.....I think that IF we draft a PG, they will aim for Stephen Curry to fill the role that Jack fills ( backup Combo Guard that can sort of run the point but is more of a Scorer then a distributer ) then go with an undersized PG like Lawson. If there is anything that JO'B likes is a Guard that can score.

DisapointedPacerFan
03-30-2009, 07:20 PM
nah , I wouldn't draft Lawson personally ...

If the Pacers are gonna go with a PG, they absolutely MUST try and move TJ Ford over the summer .... the ONLY PG I would take in a heartbeat is Stephen Curry ... Because if Rubio declares himself eligible for this year's draft, I see him going 1st or 2nd ... I personally would pick Rubio over Griffin.. as would alot of GM's ...

But as to Lawson , nah ...
I'd rather see us get a defensive PF
I'd like to get a defensive PF as well, but I doubt that will happen in this draft. I am actually starting to lean towards drafting a PG in this draft cause I don't see Jack being our PG of the future. Ty Lawson, like you said, shouldn't be drafted at our pick.

I disagree where you talk about Rubio over Griffin. I'm not big on taking risks on international stars, and Griffin is just an absolute beast at PF and if we got the no.1 pick, I would hope that we would take Griffin in a heartbeat over Rubio.

And I agree with you about trading TJ Ford. I don't think he wants to be benched behind Jack (it said in the IndyStar he wasn't too happy but is taking it like a professional). Remember this, he has a higher trade value than we would expect cause he is a 2010 FA and I'm sure a team like the Knicks or Kings would def be interested.

Justin Tyme
03-30-2009, 09:11 PM
Remember this, he has a higher trade value than we would expect cause he is a 2010 FA and I'm sure a team like the Knicks or Kings would def be interested.

His contract runs through the 2010-2011 season, and doesn't end 2010.

MillerTime
03-31-2009, 12:46 AM
His contract runs through the 2010-2011 season, and doesn't end 2010.

Actually Ford's contract runs until 2010 and he has a player option after that, so there is a possibility of his contract ending in 2010 if he doesnt exercise his player option

count55
03-31-2009, 06:42 AM
Actually Ford's contract runs until 2010 and he has a player option after that, so there is a possibility of his contract ending in 2010 if he doesnt exercise his player option

Shamsports reports the final year as guaranteed with no option for either the player or the team. They are much more reliable than Hoopshype, who incorrectly reported a final year player option for Jeff Foster for years.

Even if there were a player option (which I'm sure there isn't), the chances of TJ walking away from the $8.5mm are so minute as to be non-existent.

MillerTime
03-31-2009, 09:05 AM
Shamsports reports the final year as guaranteed with no option for either the player or the team. They are much more reliable than Hoopshype, who incorrectly reported a final year player option for Jeff Foster for years.

Even if there were a player option (which I'm sure there isn't), the chances of TJ walking away from the $8.5mm are so minute as to be non-existent.

HoopsWorld has its as a player option http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9198

But I definitely agree with you, it is most likely that Ford will exercise his option (if one exists)

Savant
04-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Lawson is the best point guard prospect in this draft and a better prospect than last year's #9 pick D.J. Augustin. He has elite skill level and is built like an NFL running back. He may be short, but history tells us that if GMs think you're skilled enough, they'll take you in the lottery regardless of height. Lawson is more than skilled enough. He's a top-10 lock with a chance of going top-5.