PDA

View Full Version : 03/29/2009 Game Thread #74: Pacers vs Wizards

BostonConnection
03-29-2009, 05:34 PM
:growl: WHACK THE WIZARDS!!! :growl:

http://images.sportsline.com/images/nba/logos/IND.gif -VS-http://images.sportsline.com/images/nba/logos/WAS.gif
<hr>

Game Time Start: 7:00 pm EDT
Where: Conseco Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, IN
TV: FSN-Indiana
Radio: 1070 The Fan

<TABLE border=2 bordercolor=blue cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=450><TBODY><TR><TH bgColor=#003366 colSpan=6>Projected Pacers' Starting Lineup:</TH><TR><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>C</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>PF</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>SF</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>SG</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>PG</CENTER></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/roy_hibbert.jpg</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/jeff_foster.jpg</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/danny_granger.jpg</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/jarrett_jack.jpg</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/brandon_rush.jpg</CENTER></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Hibbert</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Foster</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Granger</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Jack</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Rush</CENTER></TD></TR><TR><TH bgColor=red colSpan=6>Projected Bulls' Starting Lineup:</TH><TR><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>C</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>PF</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>SF</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>SG</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>PG</CENTER></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/andray_blatche.jpg</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/antawn_jamison.jpg</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/caron_butler.jpg</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/dominic_mcguire.jpg</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/javaris_crittenton.jpg</CENTER></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Blatche</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Jamison</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Butler</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>McGuire</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Crittenton</CENTER></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=2 bordercolor=blue><TR><TH bgColor=#003366 colSpan=3>Season Records: (W-L)</TH></TR><TR><TD>:thepacers</TD><TD>30-43</TD><TD>(Home: 20-14)</TD></TR><TR><TD>:wizards:</TD><TD>17-56</TD><TD>(Road: 5-31)</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE border=2 bordercolor=blue><TR><TH bgColor=#003366 colSpan=5>Upcoming Games:</TH></TR><TR><TD><CENTER>Mar 31</CENTER></TD><TD><CENTER>Apr 3</CENTER></TD><TD><CENTER>Apr 5</CENTER></TD><TD><CENTER>Apr 8</CENTER></TD><TD><CENTER>Apr 10</CENTER></TD></TR><TR><TD>vs :bulls:</TD><TD>vs :spurs:</TD><TD>at :thunder:</TD><TD>vs :raptors:</TD><TD>at :hawks:</TD></TR><TR><TD><CENTER>7:00 pm</CENTER></TD><TD><CENTER>7:00 pm</CENTER></TD><TD><CENTER>8:00 pm</CENTER></TD><TD><CENTER>7:00 pm</CENTER></TD><TD><CENTER>7:30 pm</CENTER></TD></TR></TABLE>

BostonConnection
03-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Note: Regarding the poll question, I realize that the UNC/Oklahoma game is still going on, but it should be finished around the time the Pacer game starts.

pwee31
03-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Bulls are losing to the Raptors right now. Pacers might be able to get that game back tonight, and then perhaps narrow the gap on Tuesday

Edit: Nevermind, the Bulls just forced overtime, scoring 42 points in the 4th... shouldn't have ran my mouth.

Edit Part 2: Woohoo! Raps held on to win. Yeah I know the playoffs are most likely out of reach, but I'll keep hope that we'll win out, and either the Bulls or Pistons will falter!

MillerTime
03-29-2009, 06:49 PM
Bulls are losing to the Raptors right now. Pacers might be able to get that game back tonight, and then perhaps narrow the gap on Tuesday

Edit: Nevermind, the Bulls just forced overtime, scoring 42 points in the 4th... shouldn't have ran my mouth.

Edit Part 2: Woohoo! Raps held on to win. Yeah I know the playoffs are most likely out of reach, but I'll keep hope that we'll win out, and either the Bulls or Pistons will falter!

lol

MillerTime
03-29-2009, 06:57 PM
Heres the link http://atdhe.net/live-tv-5729.html

ReginaldWayne
03-29-2009, 07:22 PM
omg, Hibbert is the most frustrating player Ive ever seen. He already half way through the 1st quarter: bite on the pump fake on blatche who made ended up making the shot, took away that block from DG by fouling, Did not switch on Jamison who ended up hitting the 3, let blatche blow by him and dunk on his head, swiped at Crintenton driving instead of trying to block it, what the hell.

MillerTime
03-29-2009, 07:25 PM
I love Rush. Did you hear what the commentator said? You get surprised when he misses them

MillerTime
03-29-2009, 07:27 PM
Graham loves to Jack the ball

MiaDragon
03-29-2009, 07:35 PM
OMG, are you kidding me?

LG33
03-29-2009, 07:38 PM
JC Superstar got 10 already?

ReginaldWayne
03-29-2009, 07:39 PM
interesting, TJ, Diener, Graham, DG, and Rasho....?

MillerTime
03-29-2009, 07:49 PM
what a great block by Granger. Too bad FOster had to commit the foul

antone315
03-29-2009, 07:55 PM
man take tj out hes horrible

MillerTime
03-29-2009, 08:00 PM
Rush is amazing. I love this kid. 12 points 5 rebs so far

pacersgroningen
03-29-2009, 08:01 PM
rush showing confidence, like his play today

Dr. Hibbert
03-29-2009, 08:01 PM
TJ is usually terrible these days...

Anyway, the Pacers with Granger and Rush on the court at the same time are a scary team. Both can hit the trey and any shot between the line and the rim, both can slash and both can put up buckets in numbers (Granger more consistently, obviously, but it's looking like Rush has that kind of potential.)

antone315
03-29-2009, 08:10 PM
TJ is usually terrible these days...

Anyway, the Pacers with Granger and Rush on the court at the same time are a scary team. Both can hit the trey and any shot between the line and the rim, both can slash and both can put up buckets in numbers (Granger more consistently, obviously, but it's looking like Rush has that kind of potential.)

totally agree with you..man why didnt we just let him play the entire year we would prob be in a better position for the playoffs than where we are now

MillerTime
03-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Hibbert has 3 fouls in 9 mins ... just horrible

bnd45
03-29-2009, 08:15 PM
I liked what I saw from Ford in the 1st half.

He didn't look for his own shot and was actually looking to set up his teammates.

He still makes dumb decisions (that lob to Granger, and two of his trademark "caught in the air with nowhere to go, how bout I just throw it up for grabs" passes)

We're gonna have a hard time trading him, so it's important that he understands what type of point guard he needs to be to maximize his value to the team. (I'm not getting my hopes up and have accepted the fact that Jack and Ford are going to be our PG's next year. We shown in the past that we can do worse.)

The tempo we play, there's no excuse for him not averaging close to ten assists a night.

*Side note... the Brandon Rush that looks for his shot and is aggressive on the offensive end is the one that's our 2-guard of the future. (I love him and Granger on the floor together. The one positive to Dunleavy's injury is O'Brien now has a reason to use him as the 6th man without hurting his pride. Let's face it, Dunleavy will probably never be the 2007-08 version again.)

flox
03-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Rush is doing better and proving me wrong..however, one has to look at the quality of opponents right now...

Dr. Hibbert
03-29-2009, 08:19 PM
totally agree with you..man why didnt we just let him play the entire year we would prob be in a better position for the playoffs than where we are now

I don't blame JOB for holding him back. Kid lost his confidence, it was a matter of him having to find it again and thus earn the right to be back on the court for an extended period of time. I think it's important for a rookie to go through that for one, and secondly, you can just go putting people out there who aren't sure of themselves.

As for Ford, I agree there's no chance they trade him, so he really DOES have to adapt to this team the best he can to maximize his value. But I'm beginning to seriously doubt that he can adapt to this team. He keeps making the same dumb mistakes over and over, and they ARE correctable, so it's beyond me how it keeps happening.

Pacemaker
03-29-2009, 08:22 PM
My link went off

MillerTime
03-29-2009, 08:22 PM
My link went off

mine too. Just refreshed and it worked

bnd45
03-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Rush is doing better and proving me wrong..however, one has to look at the quality of opponents right now...

Well let's take a look...

He had 11 and 8 against the Heat, plus played a major part in some guy named Dwyane Wade going 5-24...

Yesterday against the playoff-bound Bulls he scored a career high 29 points.

The opponent argument doesn't check out.

His whole demeanor on the court has changed for the better (especially on the offensive end. How many of these shots would he have passed up a month ago?)

MillerTime
03-29-2009, 08:23 PM
That's it..im getting a Rush jersey

The 1, 2 punch...Granger and RUsh

MillerTime
03-29-2009, 08:25 PM
Well let's take a look...

He had 11 and 8 against the Heat, plus played a major part in some guy named Dwyane Wade going 5-24...

Yesterday against the playoff-bound Bulls he scored a career high 29 points.

The opponent argument doesn't check out.

His whole demeanor on the court has changed for the better (especially on the offensive end. How many of these shots would he have passed up a month ago?)

His confidence is growing....He's not one of those cocky kids that thinks hes going to be the man on the Pacers after his great career in Kansas

Pacemaker
03-29-2009, 08:25 PM
mine too. Just refreshed and it worked

MillerTime
03-29-2009, 08:30 PM
why cant we play like this every night

MillerTime
03-29-2009, 08:30 PM

Youre welcome

Kemo
03-29-2009, 08:33 PM
THIS is the Pacers of the future guys..

Like I been saying ALL ALONG... it is a matter of them "getting it"

Roy and Rush and Granger ARE our core of the future ... and maybe Jack ..

Kemo
03-29-2009, 08:34 PM
on a side note .. I LOVE watching Hibbert.. ever since he became a Pacer I been one of his most avid fans..

You can really see his game step up , when he is aggressive .. It's all the little things that don't show up on the box score that he is sooo important for this team..

MillerTime
03-29-2009, 08:36 PM
What a bad call on Hibbert. That block was clean.

5 on Hibbert now.

EDIT: Why would JOB leave Hibbert in with 5 fouls. Now hes fouled out and we are going to have to put Rasho or Foster in the game in the 4th while we're blowing the Wiz out.

Kemo
03-29-2009, 08:37 PM
AWSOME passes by Ford/Jack to Rush for the SLAM

granger33
That play was sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Pacemaker
AWSOME passes by Ford/Jack to Rush for the SLAM

Play of the year for the Pacers right there !!

Kemo
03-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Play of the year for the Pacers right there !!

Totally agree !!

I love how our guys are playing like they are out for blood...
Imagine if you will that Detroit DOES fall out badly , and we somehow squeaked in .. It would be one of the best underdog experiences our young guys could get... and would be a nice reward for hard play..

MillerTime
03-29-2009, 08:41 PM
Great...now my stream seems to be down

ReginaldWayne
03-29-2009, 08:43 PM
on a side note .. I LOVE watching Hibbert.. ever since he became a Pacer I been one of his most avid fans..

You can really see his game step up , when he is aggressive .. It's all the little things that don't show up on the box score that he is sooo important for this team..

lol, what little things are you talking about? Being out of position on D? Vert of 5 inches? slower than a rock? No but seriously, which little things are you referring to ?

Pacemaker
03-29-2009, 08:45 PM
Great...now my stream seems to be down
Mine changed channels

MiaDragon
03-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Mine changed channels

sux

Kemo
03-29-2009, 08:46 PM
all the deflections, the forcing of bad shots when he has his arms up, keeping the opposing team thinking twice about driving in .. (minus the Kobe/Wade/Lebron types they don't care lol) his mere presence on the floor makes our defense so much better .. most people on here will agree with me..

MillerTime
03-29-2009, 08:47 PM
Mine changed channels

Mine tooo....its showing the Spurs game. Im going to look for another link

MillerTime
03-29-2009, 08:50 PM
all the deflections, the forcing of bad shots when he has his arms up, keeping the opposing team thinking twice about driving in .. (minus the Kobe/Wade/Lebron types they don't care lol) his mere presence on the floor makes our defense so much better .. most people on here will agree with me..

If youre talking about Hibbert...I agree also

Dr. Hibbert
03-29-2009, 08:53 PM
lol, what little things are you talking about? Being out of position on D? Vert of 5 inches? slower than a rock? No but seriously, which little things are you referring to ?

You're straight up stupid if you can't see what Hibbert brings to the team, and will in the future.

MiaDragon
03-29-2009, 08:55 PM
why is Rush not in the game?

MillerTime
03-29-2009, 08:55 PM
You're straight up stupid if you can't see what Hibbert brings to the team, and will in the future.

Theres no guarentee that he will be part of the future, but he definately does the little things that matter.

MillerTime
03-29-2009, 08:56 PM
any new link?

Dr. Hibbert
03-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Theres no guarentee that he will be part of the future, but he definately does the little things that matter.

I must have missed the part where the Pacers have any other bigs with potential.

MillerTime
03-29-2009, 09:03 PM
I must have missed the part where the Pacers have any other bigs with potential.

You might have dismissed the idea of trading, drafting, signing in 2011

ReginaldWayne
03-29-2009, 09:04 PM

:laugh:, as Hibbert sits on the bench fouled out in 16 mins. Theres nothing that proves to me at this moment Hibbert will be able to solve his foul trouble problems. Yea hes a rookie, but hes played 60 plus games with out finding a way to fix it, a coaching change/change in defensive system hopefully will help. I loved the way he defended Aldridge and Boozer against Portland and Utah, but hes a weakling at this moment who gets pushed around by bigger bodies. Did you catch him against the Bulls, meeting Gordon on the rebound and having it wrestled away from him by the 6'3'' gaurd?

Dr. Hibbert
03-29-2009, 09:06 PM
:laugh:, as Hibbert sits on the bench fouled out in 16 mins. Theres nothing that proves to me at this moment Hibbert will be able to solve his foul trouble problems. Yea hes a rookie, but hes played 60 plus games with out finding a way to fix it, a coaching change/change in defensive system hopefully will help. I loved the way he defended Aldridge and Boozer against Portland and Utah, but hes a weakling at this moment who gets pushed around by bigger bodies. Did you catch him against the Bulls, meeting Gordon on the rebound and having it wrestled away from him by the 6'3'' gaurd?

I'll grant you that - it is coaching. The Pacers haven't known how to coach their bigs for quite a few years now. It's not a coincidence that any time one of them comes along with potential, they end up tethered to the bench due to foul trouble. By all accounts, Hibbert is a smart guy. The Pacers' big man coach has no idea how to properly coach the dude though.

As for signings, trades by 2011...um, how many bigs with potential have the Pacers had since 2000? And they're magically going to find one in the next couple of years? I'll stick with the one they have.

MrSparko
03-29-2009, 09:07 PM

Rookie dude. He's a rookie. Next year I'll say he's only a second year Big man. If he's still doing this three years into it THEN the Pacers have a problem.

MiaDragon
03-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Id love to see Rush hit 30

MillerTime
03-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Id love to see Rush hit 30

29 points and 10 rebs is really impressive. I wonder what Portland is thinking

LG33
03-29-2009, 10:48 PM
29 points and 10 rebs is really impressive. I wonder what Portland is thinking

Probably about the playoffs :-p

MillerTime