PDA

View Full Version : Tyrus Thomas

pianoman
03-28-2009, 11:12 AM
Now since we all know that what the pacers need this summer is a good big man. After watching him this season, do you think LB will be going after him this summer? He would be an awesome addition to our team.

Many of the people here on pd say that we wouldn't touch him because of his attitude. It think it would be worth a shot to get him. But what could a guy like him cost us? Would a 1st round pick be worth him? or would you give someone like Quis in a sign and trade? I think he'd be wicked in this lineup:

Hibbert
Thomas
Granger
Rush
Jack

would be sweet! keep an eye on him in today's game!

Will Galen
03-28-2009, 11:44 AM
[quote=pianoman;867920]Now since we all know that what the pacers need this summer is a good big man. After watching him this season, do you think LB will be going after him this summer?

No! And what makes you think the bulls want to trade him?

He would be an awesome addition to our team.

Many of the people here on pd say that we wouldn't touch him because of his attitude.

They are right, listen to them!

It think it would be worth a shot to get him. But what could a guy like him cost us? Would a 1st round pick be worth him? or would you give someone like Quis in a sign and trade?

We are not signing and trading Daniels, period! Any viable Daniels sign and trade would have us paying the luxury tax.

Pacersfan46
03-28-2009, 12:15 PM
We are not signing and trading Daniels, period! Any viable Daniels sign and trade would have us paying the luxury tax.

I think a bunch of us need to put this into our signature. Maybe if people read it 9839593958948 times, we won't have to answer with this every day.

Hory Cow. Nothing personal pianoman, I've just seen dozens of people hint at this, and many of them multiple times.

-- Steve --

pianoman
03-28-2009, 12:32 PM
wow...didn't know i'd get this kind of negativity! I was just throwing it out there

ChicagoJ
03-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Tyrus's "attitude" is a almost entirely attributed to his relationship with Sam Smith/ the media.

I'm not saying I want him, but I know enough about Tyrus from things that won't get published in the paper that "attitude" is not the reason and it is mostly a fictitious problem created by a columnist with an agenda.

The story on Tyrus is that there was always a concern about how he would do playing in a huge city/ media-center like Chicago. Certain comparisons to Karl Malone might be enlightening.

imawhat
03-28-2009, 12:59 PM
How is he doing as a basketball player though? I've barely watched Chicago this year, but what I've seen from Tyrus is that he clearly has an edge/toughness about his game, but he's wildly inconsistent (even in the course of one game).

DisapointedPacerFan
03-28-2009, 01:03 PM
I think he's a great player and could easily turn his career around going to a different city next year, but I doubt LB will make a move for him (or anyone).

Also, I rarely come on this board and saw above that if we trade Daniels, we would have to pay the luxury tax...why is this?

Will Galen
03-28-2009, 01:09 PM
I think he's a great player and could easily turn his career around going to a different city next year, but I doubt LB will make a move for him (or anyone).

Also, I rarely come on this board and saw above that if we trade Daniels, we would have to pay the luxury tax...why is this?

It's just the way things work out with our salaries. Basically, if we pick up our option on Daniels it will cost us $7m. That would put us paying the luxury tax. If we picked up his option and traded him we would have to pay whoever we traded him for. So the new guys salary would put us paying the tax.

DisapointedPacerFan
03-28-2009, 01:16 PM
It's just the way things work out with our salaries. Basically, if we pick up our option on Daniels it will cost us $7m. That would put us paying the luxury tax. If we picked up his option and traded him we would have to pay whoever we traded him for. So the new guys salary would put us paying the tax.
Ah I see. Thanks for explainin that.

ChicagoJ
03-28-2009, 01:17 PM
How is he doing as a basketball player though? I've barely watched Chicago this year, but what I've seen from Tyrus is that he clearly has an edge/toughness about his game, but he's wildly inconsistent (even in the course of one game).

He's not as skilled as you'd like a player drafted that high to be. He's generally a hard worker/ plays tough, but he can be moody and it impacts his toughness.

grace
03-28-2009, 02:58 PM
He's not as skilled as you'd like a player drafted that high to be. He's generally a hard worker/ plays tough, but he can be moody and it impacts his toughness.

This is a perfect example of how I keep getting Thomas and Noah confused. I swear you could say the same thing about both of them. But then again I don't watch the Bulls much any more so maybe I'm just out of the loop.

Back to the subject of the Pacers getting Thomas I really don't see Paxson dealing him, especially for anything the Pacers want to give up.

pacergod2
03-28-2009, 03:59 PM
I am not that interested in him. We need a more mature and stable player. He brings a ton of athleticism which is awesome, but we can get athleticism in other places. Plus his contract demands I feel like would be out of our price range.

BRANDON BASS!!!!

Peck
03-28-2009, 11:56 PM
While Thomas today looked like the second coming of Elvin Hayes the truth is he just simply took advantage of the fact that our front line has zero athleticism.

I'm not sure you would see the same results vs. a team with bigs that can jump and or have power.

UncleReg
03-29-2009, 12:03 AM
No thanks on Tyrus. His asking price is much higher than his actual value. I mean I've seen the guy air ball 3-foot bunnies on more than one occasion...