PDA

View Full Version : Can We Still Quis and Rasho?

MillerTime
03-27-2009, 01:08 AM
Are we still able to trade Quis (even the Pacers dont pick up his option) and Rasho in the summer? Or are they just considered expirers at this point?

It would be great if we can move them in the offseason just as pure expirers to another team

Spirit
03-27-2009, 01:21 AM
Rasho is an expirer and can't be traded, and Quis can only be traded after we pick up his option which probably won't happen.

MillerTime
03-27-2009, 01:23 AM
Rasho is an expirer and can't be traded, and Quis can only be traded after we pick up his option which probably won't happen.

Damn! I really wished we moved atleast one of them before the trade deadline. Since we have given Granger an extension, its probably a better idea to just let them both expire

BKK
03-27-2009, 02:18 AM
haven't we discussed this 100000000 times already?

Spirit
03-27-2009, 03:05 AM
haven't we discussed this 100000000 times already?Maybe we have and he didn't know?

MillerTime
03-27-2009, 04:08 AM
haven't we discussed this 100000000 times already?
Sorry I didnt know this was already discussed (if it was)

Maybe we have and he didn't know?

THanks

MillerTime
03-27-2009, 04:10 AM
Just a quick question...how was Van Horn traded by Mavs to Nets like 6 months after his contract expired? Was is a S&T? How did that work out?

count55
03-27-2009, 06:50 AM
Just a quick question...how was Van Horn traded by Mavs to Nets like 6 months after his contract expired? Was is a S&T? How did that work out?

It was a Sign & Trade...three year deal, only the first year guaranteed.

MillerTime
03-27-2009, 07:21 AM
It was a Sign & Trade...three year deal, only the first year guaranteed.

That could be an option for us. Their expiring contracts would be valuable to teams looking to make a push for 2010

But then again, we could pick up Quis' contract

Dr. Goldfoot
03-27-2009, 08:39 AM
The major difference is they aren't retired or ready to retire like Van Horn. Quis will want an actual contract and playing time. I'm assuming Rasho does too. Van Horn was already retired so it was pretty easy to sell him on a one year contract worth diddly squat.

MillerTime
03-27-2009, 08:46 AM
The major difference is they aren't retired or ready to retire like Van Horn. Quis will want an actual contract and playing time. I'm assuming Rasho does too. Van Horn was already retired so it was pretty easy to sell him on a one year contract worth diddly squat.

Well we can just pick up Quis' option and if we wanted a one year guaranteed contact for him, and move him near the trade deadline to a team that wants to make a push for the 2010 free agents.

Wouldnt be a bad idea. But with the economy the way it is, Simons might not be inclined to do so

Anthem
03-27-2009, 08:55 AM
Well we can just pick up Quis' option and if we wanted a one year guaranteed contact for him, and move him near the trade deadline to a team that wants to make a push for the 2010 free agents.
But we won't, because doing so would mean we wouldn't have cap space to re-sign Jack.

duke dynamite
03-27-2009, 09:05 AM
I was talking to BillS the other night, and we were talking about Quis. Over the past few years I have been a big fan of him, but lately, I have come to the conclusion that letting him go isn't such a bad idea. Regardless, we don't have to money to get him back, even if he was worth it.

I think a S&T would be a little risky, especially in the FA market this year.

Rasho has made it all but clear that he doesn't want to be back next season. He just doesn't look that interested. He did what he needed to do, come to the US, play on some good teams then go home.

WetBob
03-27-2009, 09:28 AM
I'm of the camp that doesn't know why this keeps getting brought back up.

There is a snowball's chance in hell of either of them being a Pacer next year. We can't afford Quisy. Move on.

duke dynamite
03-27-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm of the camp that doesn't know why this keeps getting brought back up.

There is a snowball's chance in hell of either of them being a Pacer next year. We can't afford Quisy. Move on.
People love redundancy. Just like the "Who does Danny Granger remind you of." thread.

WetBob
03-27-2009, 09:37 AM
People love redundancy. Just like the "Who does Danny Granger remind you of." thread.

He reminds me of a mix of Bea Arthur and Thunder Dan Majerle.

Pointz
03-27-2009, 09:43 AM
The Pacers seem inclined on letting both walk and resigning Jack. Not a bad move if Jack signs at a resonable price. I never cared much about Rasho's game and after his comments a few years back to Peja in regards to Indy I am not a fan. I do like Daniel's but he is a tad too expensive for us at the moment and where we are at as a team.

idioteque
03-27-2009, 09:46 AM
The Pacers seem inclined on letting both walk and resigning Jack. Not a bad move if Jack signs at a resonable price. I never cared much about Rasho's game and after his comments a few years back to Peja in regards to Indy I am not a fan. I do like Daniel's but he is a tad too expensive for us at the moment and where we are at as a team.

Huh?

duke dynamite
03-27-2009, 09:48 AM
He reminds me of a mix of Bea Arthur and Thunder Dan Majerle.
:laugh:

duke dynamite
03-27-2009, 09:50 AM
Huh?
I can't find anything.

Pointz
03-27-2009, 10:06 AM
I can't find anything.

It was around the time we traded for Peja. There was a lot of talk about the Serb populations in different cities. And he made some comment about there being better places to learn english and play than Indiana or something along those lines.

duke dynamite
03-27-2009, 10:10 AM
It was around the time we traded for Peja. There was a lot of talk about the Serb populations in different cities. And he made some comment about there being better places to learn english and play than Indiana or something along those lines.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

JB24
03-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Yeah, the bit about learning english in Indy was when we had Primoz. Just an innocent dig though, no harm done.

count55
03-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Yeah, the bit about learning english in Indy was when we had Primoz. Just an innocent dig though, no harm done.

I also believe it was more directed at the lockerroom than the city. It was in response to Brezec's propensity to speak English using gangsta slang, and the exact quote was:

“[Your English] depends on where you start in the NBA,” said Nesterovic. “I started in Minnesota, he started in Indiana. That’s a pretty tough organization to pick up English.”

Since he specifically said "organization," there's no reason to believe he was slamming Indiana as a whole.

Pacersfan46
03-27-2009, 10:40 AM
It's like some people really don't get how much we're against the wall salary wise.

We can't sign and trade, or pick up Quis's option and trade him either. Either scenario involves adding salary for future season's we can't afford.

Our only hopes of improving lie in trading players under contract, or the draft. Nothing else. All our signings will be cheap guys just to fill out the roster.

-- Steve --

Smoothdave1
03-27-2009, 02:21 PM
I thought I recall reading something by Chad Ford that the Pacers could technically trade Quis after the season ends and before July 1st and the team he was traded to would immediately have a contract that expired as of 7/1/2009 and the Pacers could become players at the draft because of this?

Regardless, Pacers won't pick up his option and let his deal expire. As far as Rasho or Quis coming back, I'd say it's about 15% Rasho comes back and 35% that Quis comes back, albeit at a smaller deal.

Trophy
03-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Quis had some rough times earlier in his first season with us and in the absense of Mike he really stepped up and now when we drafted Brandon and got Jarrett to play SG Quis is being pushed out of the picture. So letting him just sign with another team is the best and easiest thing for us and him. For Rasho same thing just let him make his own decision on either retiring, signing with a team in the NBA or returning home to Slovenia and play there but it doesn't seem to look like he's coming back to us.

count55
03-27-2009, 04:52 PM
I thought I recall reading something by Chad Ford that the Pacers could technically trade Quis after the season ends and before July 1st and the team he was traded to would immediately have a contract that expired as of 7/1/2009 and the Pacers could become players at the draft because of this?

Chad was talking out of his ***. That is not legal under the CBA.

tonythetiger
03-27-2009, 05:26 PM
I never cared much about Rasho's game and after his comments a few years back to Peja in regards to Indy I am not a fan.

You really should get your story straight before you accuse someone of something. It had nothing to do with Peja, or Serbian populations, or even basketball or Indiana. It had to do with the way Primoz Brezec speaks and the fact that he learned alot of his English from the guys on the Pacers at that time.

Roaming Gnome
03-27-2009, 06:46 PM
A little tid bit from the Season Ticket Holder party last Monday... I was in one of the autograph lines that featured Rasho and Troy Murphy. The guy in front of me asked Rasho if he'll be seeing him as a Pacer next season. His reply was a quick and assertive, "Nope, I'll probably be overseas."

Obviously, there is no link considering this was an "in-person" contact. I believe Hicks and BillS were within' an earshot of this. I know that we talked about it.

I think it is pretty safe to say that Rasho will not be back.

Pacerized
03-27-2009, 07:55 PM
I think we could sign Quis with the intention of trading him to a team that wants to get into the 2010 free agent frenzy. His contract wouldn't count against our cap until the end of next season would it?

Will Galen
03-27-2009, 10:40 PM
I think we could sign Quis with the intention of trading him to a team that wants to get into the 2010 free agent frenzy. His contract wouldn't count against our cap until the end of next season would it?

WE CAN'T AFFORD TO PICK UP DANIELS OPTION, PERIOD!

Even if we traded him the guy we traded him for would put us in the tax.

count55
03-27-2009, 10:46 PM
WE CAN'T AFFORD TO PICK UP DANIELS OPTION, PERIOD!

Even if we traded him the guy we traded him for would put us in the tax.

You just know that some lunkhead like Wells, Ford or :kravitz: is going to have some blurb about this, and we'll do this dance again in a week.