PDA

View Full Version : The Game Ball - 3.25.09

duke dynamite
03-25-2009, 11:48 PM
The Defense of Brandon Rush

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/c0/fullj.fa8d7ba701ebe5108e600ae775507a16/fa8d7ba701ebe5108e600ae775507a16-getty-83007908rh001_heat_pacers.jpg
Ron Hoskins/Getty Images

I'm doing this so BillS and Ms. Dukie (dustpan) won't kill me, but Brandon's defense saved the game. He shut DWade down tonight.

file:///Users/tlaurenzana/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.jpgfile:///Users/tlaurenzana/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-1.jpg

Spirit
03-25-2009, 11:56 PM
Foster is my player of the game.. he really provided a ton to the team today. Props to him for the effort.

Miller4ever
03-26-2009, 12:29 AM
gameball for foster..

duke dynamite
03-26-2009, 09:09 AM
Besides Foster's rebounding numbers last night, he missed a few important shots...wait for it...at point blank range. Jeff also committed a few dumb fouls along the way.

Trust me, I had a long discussion about this after the game. Jeff is far from game ball worthiness.

count55
03-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Rush played a very nice game, but I thought TJ was the difference tonight.

idioteque
03-26-2009, 09:39 AM
If Rush is already playing defense as good as he is as a rookie, he's going to be a very, very good defender in this league.

count55
03-26-2009, 09:49 AM
If Rush is already playing defense as good as he is as a rookie, he's going to be a very, very good defender in this league.

True...I don't think you can do much better than he did.

However, let's be clear about what he did. He stayed with Wade, he didn't commit dumb fouls, and he was able to stay in Wade's zone of comfort when Wade shot the ball.

There will be nights when he plays that same D on Wade, and Wade lights him up for 30.

I'm not trying to diminish the job Rush did...more keep it from being inflated in our minds, turning Rush into some dragonslayer.

He's a very good defender.

idioteque
03-26-2009, 09:54 AM

However, let's be clear about what he did. He stayed with Wade, he didn't commit dumb fouls, and he was able to stay in Wade's zone of comfort when Wade shot the ball.

There will be nights when he plays that same D on Wade, and Wade lights him up for 30.

I'm not trying to diminish the job Rush did...more keep it from being inflated in our minds, turning Rush into some dragonslayer.

True, great players are great players. As a defender all you can really do is diminish their chances of making a great play on every position, but there is no way that you can eliminate that chance. There will be nights where a guy with the talent of Wade can light up the best defender in the league because, even if the probability of making a play is low due to good defense, a player of immense talent can beat the odds over and over again. Sometimes.

On an unrelated note, I am going to continue to counter the troll who rates these threads one star.

duke dynamite
03-26-2009, 10:37 AM
On an unrelated note, I am going to continue to counter the troll who rates these threads one star.
Thanks!

OakMoses
03-26-2009, 11:36 AM

I think we need to acknowledge the defensive rotation of our bigs also. They did a fantastic job of forcing Wade to pass on the occasions when he was able to get by Rush and Jack. It was the first time I've watched our defense this year and seen exactly how it was supposed to work to stop easy buckets.

Also, we should acknowledge that Jack spent a decent amount of time guarding Wade tonight. It wasn't just a singular effort from Brandon, although I agree that he did a fabulous job.