PDA

View Full Version : Jim O'brien interview with Kenny Smith

plutarch
03-25-2009, 11:18 AM
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/tnt_overtime/2009/03/24/nba_20090324_strength_obrien.nba/index.html
here is a link with an interview that obie 1 kanoby did with kenny smith

Phildog
03-25-2009, 11:49 AM
All rainbows and unicorns...

count55
03-25-2009, 12:11 PM
I found it interesting when Kenny talked about the PG being the extension of the coach, and they both exclusively talked about Jarrett Jack, without mention of TJ. I don't know whether that's all they talked about, or if that's just the way it was edited.

nerveghost
03-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Ha! What did you expect Phildog? This:

Kenny Smith: And now I'm joined by Coach Jim O'Brien...Coach, how are you?

JOB: (slumped in chair, disheveled) I long for the sweet release that death will bring.

KS: Uh...well. Let's talk about the Strengths of the Team. What do the Indiana Pacers bring to the table?

JOB: That's a good question. What do we bring to the table? (shrugs) Lack of hustle. Matador defense. Poor fundamentals. (reaches in pocket, pulls out a flask) You don't mind if I drink, do you?

KS: Uh...

JOB: Our players got good mustaches though. Damn good mustaches (shakes head and mutters to self)

KS: (Looks off camera, leafs through his notes) Well...let's talk about Danny Granger. He's having an all star year, what has he meant to the team?

JOB: If I didn't have Danny Granger I would kill myself (takes another drink out of flask)

KS: (starting to sweat) Larry Bird has been...

JOB: Larry Bird! Let's talk about Larry %$#@ Bird, shall we? Let's talk about the promises he made to me - like, "Oh, I'm going to get you a point guard this year," or "Dunleavy's fine, he just has some tendinitis, that's all." Let's talk about that for one %$# minute, huh Kenny?

KS: I think maybe we're done here. Thanks very much, Coach.

JOB: I'm in hell. (takes off tie, throws it in fireplace)

*** Actually, now that I think about it, that would be pretty awesome.

Spirit
03-25-2009, 12:16 PM

JOB: (slumped in chair, disheveled) I long for the sweet release that death will bring.

KS: Uh...well. Let's talk about the Strengths of the Team. What do the Indiana Pacers bring to the table?

JOB: That's a good question. What do we bring to the table? (shrugs) Lack of hustle. Matador defense. Poor fundamentals. (reaches in pocket, pulls out a flask) You don't mind if I drink, do you?

JOB: Our players got good mustaches though. Damn good mustaches (shakes head and mutters to self)

KS: (Looks off camera, leafs through his notes) Well...let's talk about Danny Granger. He's having an all star year, what has he meant to the team?

JOB: If I didn't have Danny Granger I would kill myself (takes another drink out of flask)

JOB: Larry Bird! Let's talk about Larry %$#@ Bird, shall we? Let's talk about the promises he made to me - like, "Oh, I'm going to get you a point guard this year," or "Dunleavy's fine, he just has some tendinitis, that's all." Let's talk about that for one %$# minute, huh Kenny?

:laugh:

Speed
03-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Classic!

idioteque
03-25-2009, 12:25 PM

Post of the Year!

McKeyFan
03-25-2009, 01:31 PM
I found it interesting when Kenny talked about the PG being the extension of the coach, and they both exclusively talked about Jarrett Jack, without mention of TJ. I don't know whether that's all they talked about, or if that's just the way it was edited.

That was my takeaway as well.

Even if they did talk about TJ, I think the reason he was edited out was JOB saying off the record he'd prefer it. In fact, he may have given the interview with the stipulation that he not have to comment on T.J.

Then there's this: of all the other players to highlight other than Granger (obvious), the Network (or Kenny Smith or JOB, who knows) picks Jack. Perhaps jack is just looking that good from the outside. Or maybe someone is sending T.J. a sideways message.

plutarch
03-25-2009, 03:42 PM

ahhahahahhahah yes thats what we talking about

Justin Tyme
03-25-2009, 04:14 PM

Finally, one of those ugly ties won't ever have to be seen again.

Peter_sixtyftsixin
03-25-2009, 04:53 PM

Hysterical.

Shade
03-25-2009, 06:20 PM
:lmao: @ nerveghost